Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotsquirrelz View Post
I have used Estee Lauder's Double Wear liquid foundation for 16 years. I have tried countless other brands over the years, but I always go back to it. I have a very fair, oily complexion and I need good coverage for my red nose. None of the "drug-store" brands offer a decent color match - if the shade seems "white" enough, the undertones always seem to be in the extremes (too yellow or too pink).

The Double Wear foundation is called "stay-in-place" makeup, and it lives up to that promise. I recently tried Bare Escentuals, and it melted down my face (literally) and added a mammoth amount of shine to my already oily, shiny complexion. Thankfully I had purchased the Double Wear at the same time, just in case!

What I love best about the Double Wear is that you can choose your level of coverage depending on the application tool. When I want full coverage (porcelain doll look), I use the foundation brush. If I want medium coverage, I use a sponge wedge. If I want minimal coverage, I use a damp sponge wedge. I usually use the sponge wedge to cover the redness of my nose, then I use the damp wedge to finish the rest of my face. One drop goes a looooong way. I can make a bottle of this stuff last a full year!
Yea I always recommend Double Wear to those with oily skin because it is the best out there for oilies and the shade range is great also. MAC Pro long wear is a close second.

When it comes to foundation you really have to know your skin and what it needs cos it really is a individual thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 06:19 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
The Stila doesn't look like it has shimmer in it to me. It just makes my skin look bright and fresh--definitely not obviously shimmery or wet-looking. I also noticed it diminishes the look of some fine lines and my eyes really pop.

Revlon has an age-defying illuminator that works ok, too, but it's a little too sheer as far as evening out my skin tone. That one tends to make my skin look a little "wetter"; but it still works pretty well for a drugstore brand.
I think stila is a bit shimmery. But I tried the lightest colors. Shimmer only look ok on my eyes due to pale skin I think.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
I think i found my fav~~ Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage in F2 (fair). I use it under PerFeKt primer gel and am loving it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty