Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:57 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,298,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Nothing sexier than an attractive woman in a nice knee-length sun dress on a warm summer day.

Now I'm all wistful. I used to live in those. Remember that awful trend of women wearing t-shirts under sun-dresses? Never did understand that. The whole point of a sundress is to have bare shoulders.

But, now that I'm in my mid-40s, I stick to stuff like this, on the rare occasions that call for a dress. I think it's possible to be sexy without looking like you're one of the items for sale in a hot-dog cart.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...irredwaist.jpg

Most of the time, however, it's jeans, sweater, and boots, with earrings of varying dangliness. No sense catching one's death in a Yankee winter!

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...jeansvneck.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 01:05 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,298,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
well I prefer my women dressed in there birthday suit and nothing more.

I kid I kid. Doesn't bother me how she dresses, so long as its for the occasion or casual when nothing important is happening

See, I think men say that but when you get right down to it, if their girlfriends dressed like the chick in the second-to-last photo for anywhere but the beach, most men would eventually have a problem with it. Having a woman others leer at and take for cheap gets old quickly.

Or maybe they wouldn't select women who dressed like that to be girlfriends in the first place.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 PM

10,184 posts, read 20,832,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Now I'm all wistful. I used to live in those. Remember that awful trend of women wearing t-shirts under sun-dresses? Never did understand that. The whole point of a sundress is to have bare shoulders.

But, now that I'm in my mid-40s, I stick to stuff like this, on the rare occasions that call for a dress. I think it's possible to be sexy without looking like you're one of the items for sale in a hot-dog cart.

Most of the time, however, it's jeans, sweater, and boots, with earrings of varying dangliness. No sense catching one's death in a Yankee winter!
Those sun dresses with heels that help show off a nice set of toned calves hold my attention more than a a pair of tight sweats with the word Juicy splashed across the ass.

While it's going to be five more months of winter before I can enjoy the sun dresses again, I can appreciate the jeans and sweater look too...so long it's not one of those awful Christmas sweaters paired up with "mom jeans" and white sneakers.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,027,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman war helmet View Post
Question for other guys: What dress style do you like in a woman?

This is how I like them dressed...

What you posted was just pictures of attractive women (except for the nasty skanky chick in the yellow t-shirt). Even yellow t-shirt woman is attractive from the neck down, but her face just screams out skanky/nasty/trampy. They would still be attractive no matter what they were wearing.

Now as far as style, I dont really have a preference for "dress style" in women. As long as she can coordinate, she's good.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:54 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,328,514 times
I like the last pic but don't know a lot of gals who could pull it off. Rather culturally specific.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:01 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,799,032 times
Pencil Skirts are amazing as well a great Sun Dress! Mini Skirts are a no go. I have witness only 1 female look good in a mini; they are not appealing to my asethetic.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,328,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Pencil Skirts are amazing as well a great Sun Dress! Mini Skirts are a no go. I have witness only 1 female look good in a mini; they are not appealing to my asethetic.
I know lots of women who look fine in a mini. I think they're cute and sexy on one with nice legs.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,312,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Nothing sexier than an attractive woman in a nice knee-length sun dress on a warm summer day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Now I'm all wistful. I used to live in those.
I'm always surprised when people mention they like sundresses. Of course, it depends on the style of the dress and the body type of the woman, but I don't think most of them look flattering on most women. IMO, a sheath dress, albeit not as comfortable, looks a lot better.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,788,832 times
I'm probably in the minority, but I like it when women wear classy winter clothes, or clothing that is timeless or vintage looking. I like the fact that women in old movies can look totally sexy without even showing much skin. When a woman can pull that off, to me she's ten times sexier than the ones who feel the need to run around half naked just to get attention.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,164,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman war helmet View Post
Where I live the way most women dress is pretty awful IMO. They all seem to fall into one of three categories. The annoying sassy women category, usually wearing jeans way to tight for them, a tank top, hoop earrings, and hair that looks wet like she just got out the shower.

Than You have women who look like they don't even care, usually wearing ratty looking T-shirts, Jeans, scrunchy, and old tennis shoes.

And finally the women who are desperately trying to hold on, usually wearing something they no longer have any business wearing. Lots of delusional women who don't realize they don't have the body for or are way to old to wear. Lots of muffin tops, lots of spandex pants where you can actually see way to much of their cottage cheese butts, and tops cut way to low showing off their leathery and freckled up chest.

A lot of the Asian women I see though have a very good fashion sense. They wear clothes that fit, clothes that are appropriate for they age, their hair/makeup is always perfect, and they are dress very feminine. I like that the most because you don't see many women these days dressing like women, Asian women are the only ones who really wear dresses these day.

This is how I like them dressed...
Interesting.
I think I'll continue wearing the jeans & t-shirt and dresses when appropiate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty