Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 03:03 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Fashion isn't just about attention tho....it relates to how we feel & how we are seen at work or anywhere we go......to make a statement appropriate for the setting! Whether it's flirty....soft....serious....glam.....or casual. We can be super casual or comfy without wearing yoga pants all the time IMO...

Oh I agree with you. But what I'm trying to say is that sometimes, women will "ugly down" so that guys don't bother them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 03:07 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Fashion isn't just about attention tho....it relates to how we feel & how we are seen at work or anywhere we go......to make a statement appropriate for the setting! Whether it's flirty....soft....serious....glam.....or casual. We can be super casual or comfy without wearing yoga pants all the time IMO...
The point is, she is choosing to be simple and comfy. It is her choice. She gets to choose, and she thinks it is a phase.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:14 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The point is, she is choosing to be simple and comfy. It is her choice. She gets to choose, and she thinks it is a phase.
Ofc it's up to her....but it's a fashion thread.....& so I was saying there are fashionable ways to be simple & comfy.......

Old 08-12-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Ofc it's up to her....but it's a fashion thread.....& so I was saying there are fashionable ways to be simple & comfy.......

For the record, I would never be caught out and about in sweat pants. LOL I rarely even wear them around the house. I'd have to be freezing cold to put on a pair.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
For the record, I would never be caught out and about in sweat pants. LOL I rarely even wear them around the house. I'd have to be freezing cold to put on a pair.
Lol...I wear yoga pants or leggings sometimes......I don't ever wear sweat pants tho.....

Old 08-12-2019, 03:32 PM

I wear leggings, jeggings, that type of thing...but not sweats. lol

Old 08-12-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I wear leggings, jeggings, that type of thing...but not sweats. lol
Ita! I love jeggings...(denim)....with heels... BUT with a pair of Kate Spade sparkle keds....they can be as comfy as yoga pants......

Old 08-13-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Ita! I love jeggings...(denim)....with heels... BUT with a pair of Kate Spade sparkle keds....they can be as comfy as yoga pants......

I agree. Jeggings can be very comfortable. I have a few pair. I typically wear them with boots in the winter, but I'll also wear them in warmer weather, with a tunic and my platform sandals.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I don't even own a pair of sweatpants. Living in Florida there really is no need but when I lived in colder climates I never wore sweatpants out of the house. But these days it seems anything goes; we have people wearing pajamas & slippers like they were clothing instead of something to sleep in.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:26 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela<3 View Post
...But I occasionally like to dress up and put on a nice pair of pants, slap some makeup on, and slip on a nice pair of heels. I love light colored jeans, and I like to wear clothes from all sorts of 'styles'. Lately though, I just want to wear sweats. I bought 4 pairs last week and all I wear to school, where I am currently at right now, are my new sweats. The only thing I need now is a nice cotton hoodie. I prefer no decorations. Just a plain cotton article of clothing for me! Anyone else out there have those phases where they just don't gaf? I don't care right now. Even though I am single, I still could care less what I look like. Maybe it's because I hate everyone at my school, and 99% of our population are annoying as hell and equally as unattractive. Or... maybe it's because I think I look good in my sweats
Michaela, feel free to wear whatever suits your mood for the time being. It may just be that you are feeling rebellious because you're unhappy with your fellow students, sometimes people can be cruel perhaps they're clique like and aren't welcoming to 'outsiders' to their 'inner circle'. I couldn't say for sure. It may just be a phase to get you through it all for the time being. This too shall pass. Just my 2 cents pov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty