Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:14 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,868,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't know what the VS PINK line is (I don't shop there). But I''ll be hitting 60 and I swear a lot of hot-pink, even lipstick (though never in pants ~ that's for the skinny ones). People really, really like me in it. This ol' babe isn't afraid of colors.
The clothes come in a variety of colors; PINK refers to the brand, not a color. There are plain shirts and tanks, but the majority of clothes have giant words on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:44 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,755,674 times
I don't like anything with giant words on it. Undies without it are cute. On sale btw 7/26$ right now.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:55 PM

5,727 posts, read 10,165,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I certainly did not start this post to upset or offend people, truly. I just wanted to hear other's opinions. I apologize, but I don't know what the acronym NDBBM means?
You in no way offended me, upset me, or owe me an apology. I was merely giving you that opinion.

Nobody's D*** Business But Mine

Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,891,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
You in no way offended me, upset me, or owe me an apology. I was merely giving you that opinion.

Nobody's D*** Business But Mine
^Oh, I like that Thanks!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:10 PM

10,228 posts, read 16,364,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The clothes come in a variety of colors; PINK refers to the brand, not a color. There are plain shirts and tanks, but the majority of clothes have giant words on them.
Well, here's a good example of assuming one thinks she's interpreting right. I should have checked the website first.

No, I do not and would not wear large lettering on my pants. Don't know about tops ~ unlikely that I would. Yes, it does have a younger appeal.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:03 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,066,263 times
It does not matter to me what other people wear, but speaking for myself, I don't wear clothing with the name of the designers, the clothing lines, or their slogans visible to all. Same goes with handbags, I only bought the styles with the designer's name and monogram discreetly placed inside -- or if it's outside, only on one spot, not all over the bags.

It's probably just me, but I've never had any desire to serve as a free advertising billboard for anyone or anything.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 AM

245 posts, read 521,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I was wondering what people thought about grown women wearing the Victoria Secret's PINK line around town. I don't know, maybe it's just my age (38), but I think women over 30 sporting PINK jogging pants/sweatshirts look ridiculous. I think they are cute on college age girls, okay, maybe I think they are all around silly looking. I suppose the JUICY line would also fall into this category. Any thoughts or opinions?

Being a teenager and all, I must say I think grown women in PINK clothes look ridiculous. The whole line just screams, "young, teen, cute." I don't mind Juicy Couture on older women, because they're just regular looking track suits that cost a lot.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,717,380 times
i have to ask: why is it okay for a young girl to "dress older" but it isnt okay for an older woman to "dress younger"?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:39 PM

1,306 posts, read 3,132,899 times
It depends on the particular clothes. The T-shirts and hoodies all look alright to me for casual wearing in public, but I personally don't care for wearing brands all over me like that.

I do have a pink PINK tracksuit that I love lounging around in at the house, but I change out of them when I head out for errands. They're soft and extremely comfortable. I originally bought them to be a "Juicy Couture" purse dog carrying kind of socialite for Halloween, but now they're mainstays as loungewear.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:58 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,159,921 times
Honestly, I think I depends on what pieces are being worn. I rather like the "lounge wear" and wear it to run quick errands or yes, for yoga and pilates. I think any woman could wear like a PINK hoodie or sweatshirt. The problem is when they're all decked out in PINK, in clown makeup, and are acting like college age girls.

I do think the PINK line is designed for the teen and college age crowd, but that doesn't mean that anyone outside the bracket would necessarily look silly.

Personally, I hate large lettering and designs on any item of clothing, especially on the butt. It just screams, "Look at me."

Oh, I'm 35.

Last edited by anadyr21; 11-14-2011 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: added age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty