Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:09 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,820,877 times

Advertisements

... Let's get a few random examples of the "for thousands of years" argument:

For thousands of years, there were no toothbrushes, so most people were either toothless or developed serious diseases, both oral and oral-related.
For thousands of years, having diseases such as appendicitis meant one was not likely to make it.
For thousands of years, there was no electricity or running water.
For thousands of years, as there were no antibiotics, people died of otherwise perfectly curable infections.
For thousands of years, geocentrism was accepted, as opposed to heliocentrism. Also, people thought the Earth was flat.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:00 PM

89 posts, read 175,270 times
Lemon, for thousands of years NOBODY made it past 50.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,494,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I went to the Ivy League of the south, The University of Texas at Austin. I have travelled extensively within the U.S. and currently live in the culturally diverse southwest. I change homes frequently and am a nomad. Women continue to be defined by traditional roles such as being a wife and mother. Most women have nothing to live for other than their children, home, friends, etc. Go on Facebook and behold the bevvy of fat, sun damaged soccer mommy losers whose whole lives revolves around various well worn networks.
Wow...where to begin

Since you are so "educated"..surely you know that the Ivy League refers to a group of schools, not one school. I have to laugh when people feel they need to hold their school up by calling it something it's not. What is the point in that? If it's so great then just call it what it is.

How horrible for those women (and men) who have "nothing to live for other than their children, home, friends, etc" . I don't believe one has to have children to be happy but having a home life and good friends certainly put the joy into life. Without those, what happiness is there in having other accomplishments - who to share with? But I guess, when you are 90 you can sit in your retirement home, secure in your wrinklefree, Botox/collagen filled face....while you sit by yourself because you've not spent the time energy cultivating deep and lasting relationships and have such disdain for those who do. Glad you have traveled but apparently it hasn't taught you much about life. Maybe you just need to talk and judge less and listen and love more.

Last edited by maciesmom; 06-28-2011 at 12:29 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 12:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,307,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Age happens! Name some good looking old men.
I could name a lot....I could also name a lot of beautiful women who are married and have sweet lil children in tow.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
Age happens! Name some good looking old men.
How old is old?

If we're talking over 60:

My husband. (Woo-hoo for me! )

Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,307,187 times
Quote:
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.
WOW.....I hope all those creams you use have made you very beautiful....because what's inside is downright frightening.Your ideas of what men like/dislike are YOURS only!I know many very beautiful (past childbearing/raising kids)women who don't use ANY skincare products, nor hormone products.These woman play a very important role as a relief caregiver for their grandchildren, and as mentors or role models for the younger generations.....they have much wisdom, grace, and gentle tolerance........I could never understand such bitterness towards other women, as you have...I guess maybe those hormones aren't doing anything for your mood....maybe you should go for the lithium.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
Quote:
Otc bioidentical hormone creams are definitely not snake oil, I have used progesterone cream off and on since the late 90s. The creams I use produce a noticeable change in my mood and physiology, I am definitely not imagining anything. To have a pain free, symptom free, drama free period at 40 is somewhat unusual; I know this from extensive reading online and from years of personal experience. I apparently do very well on a load of estrogen & progesterone. I will be managing my hormone decline indefinitely with creams, you'd have to pry them from my cold dead hands frankly.

Rofl, one can only suppose you learned that at your "Ivy League" college, which, to be quite honest, is a 3rd tier school.
Look it up, and while you're at it, you might wish to rid yourself of the ridiculous, supercilious attitude all your posts of late seem to smack of.
Quote:
Why would I need to? Only the last few generations of people have tried to convince everyone of the meaning of life beyond our real purpose which is reproduction. Get educated, the last few thousand years women didn't live past 50. Once you go in to menopause that's it, you're dead. Men know it and it's the main reason they hate older women so much. Life after a certain age is merely on a philosophical theorectical level. You continue to try to find "meaning" in all of it when in fact you have no purpose having already either completed your raison d'etre (having chlidren) or not. Have you noticed most men hate women who don't have children? They really do. Everyone knows it's not natural. Women essentially have no purpose, no reason to live or occupy space other than to physically bear children and raise them.

But back to the OP:
One of the main reasons women look so different after a certain age is they get super fat due to a loss of HGH and other hormones. They continue to eat like pigs, spend too much time outside and use crappy skin care and nutrition all the while saying stupid things like "we're all gonna age". Just die already.
Oy vey, you dont know what you dont know.....what a mamzer!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM

89 posts, read 175,270 times
Is it possible to both disagree and agree in the same time with someone, because I'm exactly on that point with some parts of Lemon&Lime's statement.

When it comes strictly to physical chemistry, menopause is indeed the nature's way of saying "well I'm done with you. You're on your own now. If you did not breed by now, too bad."

All those nice hormones that make your skin shine, your hair lush and your boobs perky wander off. The same hormones that are responsible as well for many of your moods, sexual appetite and natural lube.

Instead, you start growing hair in all sorts of unexpected places. You get cranky and everything simply starts slowly to go down. And by that, I don't mean just the curves. Your body, this beautiful mechanism that tick-tocked so smoothly for so many decades, is now squeaking and clanking like an old cart.

Yes, I dread the day in which menopause will get me as well.

Retirement day is society's polite way of inviting you to crawl under a rock and die.
Menopause is the nature's way of saying the same thing.

But, however, we can flip'em the bird to both I've seen many women and men beautiful both on the inside and their outside, with happy fulfilled lives, outside their reproductive function.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.