Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Do some small things for yourself every day - get (or give yourself) a manicure, deep condition your hair, take a 2 mile walk, buy a new tube of lipstick, snack on some veggies instead of chips...

The chip on your tooth will cost money to fix but it shouldn't be that horribly expensive to fix it. Talk to a dentist - you'll feel better.

The small positive things you do for yourself today will all add up .

Hang in there and good luck!
I agree with this! You probably feel overwhelmed. But every single day you can do.at least one small thing for yourself. Every day. Make this a priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 11:08 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,018 times
I think a lot of it is about developing habits, and as we all know, habits can be challenging to change. It's far from impossible, though!

You don't need to run out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Just "shop your closet"... go through all your stuff. You're bound to rediscover items that you really like, but that you'd forgotten about and put away. Take all that stuff out again, and start wearing it.

Toss the items that you really cannot stand... the "go to" items that you most associate with feeling down about yourself. Just get rid of them. Even if it's only one or two items that have just been bothering you. It's the symbolism.

You can slowly add the occasional new piece to your wardrobe without spending a fortune... the "fast fashion" stores like Forever 21, H&M, Marshall's, etc., are great for this.

Most of all, I think you have to remind yourself: the best thing that you can do for your looks overall, is to stay within a healthy weight. It can take a while to drop a lot of weight, but you can do it gradually. It took me about 4 years to drop around 80 pounds, but I eventually did it. Try walking for a half hour every day, then an hour. Eat healthy. Stay well! Meditation and yoga classes are great for your self esteem, and might even help you a lot more than a gym membership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty