Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 07:52 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

Summary: if I want it to fit over my chest correctly, then it has to be too big for my shoulders. If I want it to fit correctly over my shoulders, then it has to be too tight for my chest.

OR - I can wear a men's medium T-shirt and not worry about the fit at all, because it's probably perfect. Even if it isn't womanly or flattering.
Oh isnt it loads of fun? LOL

Same way. It really depends on the entire body not just the chest measurement. I wear anything from a 30-32/ c-dd depending on the bra and clothing is a problem in the same way. It was easier when I was bigger. Now as a size zero to two its even harder to find a good modest fit across the bust that is not swimming elsewhere. Men's smalls are too big for me except in the bust and then it just gives me tanker shape or something and my arms look like twigs sticking out on the side. Even full coverage makes cleavage because of my small ribs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:04 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
That's tough Anon. I don't know what to say about that except I hope you one day discover a line of button down tops that's affordable that fits you right. But I still have to side with justthesixofus in that the assumptions about clothing a DDD bust are being blown out of proportion. In the grand scheme of things, DDD is not that big. It's like the doorstep or foire of the house of big boobs. Right now some lady with a J cup is reading this thread and chuckling to herself thinking "you girls think you've got problems!" And I'm not talking about an obese woman with a 44+ inch band or a las Vegas stripper who went down to Mexico to get a pair of soccer ball sized implants - I mean just a natural homegrown woman with an average 34-38 band. My wife gets several catalogues with bras that go up to N cup and start in 34/36 bands. I can't even imagine but someone like that gets to complain about life and clothing but not a D-G cup. An H-J cup wearer? Absolutely. K-N? Oh my goodness, God bless you.

Also, all these holier then thou posts from small breasted women acting as if big boobs are some sort of curse or affliction they are so happy not to have - Please spare me. You mean to tell me that if the boob fairy came to you one night and gave you the opportunity to try out a set of natural DDDs that you would say no? Even if she gives you properly fitting bras and slightly larger versions of all your tops to wear? Still no? How about just for one day and you get to make everybody forget it ever happened should you decide to go back to your old size? And nobody's gonna think you got implants they'll just act as if you were always naturally that size. No, still?

I don't believe you.

Maybe this board appeals to asexual people. The pricipal appeal of large breasts is that most people find the owner to be sexier.

The popularity of implants, many of them quite large, certifies that millions of women will pay plenty to be sexier. Many women go back and get bigger implants. Most wish they had gone larger.

So I think the results of this poll says more about our posters than it does about the desireability of DDD's.

I have considered a board that allows more sexuality. At least this board has posters who can write....except for te**av. Little bothers me more than a serious case of illiteracy.

Plus there were posters who quickly piled on with accusations of cows etc.

Last edited by JohnHAdams; 05-11-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Also, all these holier then thou posts from small breasted women acting as if big boobs are some sort of curse or affliction they are so happy not to have - Please spare me. You mean to tell me that if the boob fairy came to you one night and gave you the opportunity to try out a set of natural DDDs that you would say no? Even if she gives you properly fitting bras and slightly larger versions of all your tops to wear? Still no? How about just for one day and you get to make everybody forget it ever happened should you decide to go back to your old size? And nobody's gonna think you got implants they'll just act as if you were always naturally that size. No, still?

I don't believe you.
I'm not small-breasted--I'm a D and said no, I don't want them to be any bigger. I don't think I was holier-than-thou, but I carry weight gain in my chest and upper arms, as well as my hips (my hourglass just gets more pronounced). I don't want to be bigger up top now, and I certainly don't want to be bigger up top as I continue to lose weight.

If women say they don't want bigger breasts, regardless of whether they were rude when they said it, you should believe them. Not everybody likes or wants a big rack.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm not small-breasted--I'm a D and said no, I don't want them to be any bigger. I don't think I was holier-than-thou, but I carry weight gain in my chest and upper arms, as well as my hips (my hourglass just gets more pronounced). I don't want to be bigger up top now, and I certainly don't want to be bigger up top as I continue to lose weight.

If women say they don't want bigger breasts, regardless of whether they were rude when they said it, you should believe them. Not everybody likes or wants a big rack.
Fair enough. That is a reasonable explanation from a reasonable person such as yourself who wasn't making across the board rude comments or silly unfounded generalizations. Plus if you are already a D or DD you may honestly not desire larger breasts. I have no problem believing you. That's my sensitive side.

But then there's the part of me that agrees with John. The shear numbers of women getting implants is too big too ignore. When a flat chested women makes an ugly comment out of hate I just know jealousy and low self esteem are among the root causes. That type of irrationality makes it impossible for me believe they wouldn't want to try it out. It is much easier to make excuses about finding clothes and calling other people fat or unattractive anonymously then to just admit it.

Perhaps the problem is the hard line of DDD. Maybe the boob fairy will give you just one cup or so as little or as much as you want just in time for swimsuit season. Just enough to fill it out just a bit better. Like John said, the guy who invents a pill with honest safe and permanent results like that is going to become an overnight billionaire.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:48 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
That's tough Anon. I don't know what to say about that except I hope you one day discover a line of button down tops that's affordable that fits you right. But I still have to side with justthesixofus in that the assumptions about clothing a DDD bust are being blown out of proportion. In the grand scheme of things, DDD is not that big. It's like the doorstep or foire of the house of big boobs. Right now some lady with a J cup is reading this thread and chuckling to herself thinking "you girls think you've got problems!" And I'm not talking about an obese woman with a 44+ inch band or a las Vegas stripper who went down to Mexico to get a pair of soccer ball sized implants - I mean just a natural homegrown woman with an average 34-38 band. My wife gets several catalogues with bras that go up to N cup and start in 34/36 bands. I can't even imagine but someone like that gets to complain about life and clothing but not a D-G cup. An H-J cup wearer? Absolutely. K-N? Oh my goodness, God bless you.

I don't believe you.
My post was not in any way holier than though, but I did say I prefer smaller breasts and meant it. You can not believe all you want, but it's true, I would not want to be any bigger, and I wouldn't mind being smaller, I was a little smaller when I was younger, and I preferred it. I have zero interest in larger breasts, like I said I am athletic and they are often an annoyance to me. I HATE wearing bras with a passion, I envy my smaller chested friends that they don't have to wear bras, I'd go for that in a heartbeat if the chest fairy came to me. I find a very small breasted woman who is comfortable with her body and refuses to hide or wear padding very sexy, I have a friend like that and she has no shortage of male attention. I have always had more than enough attention from men based on my looks, I don't need bigger boobs to get more attention, I've never associated them with being womanly (I don't have an issue with women who do.) I don't see the point of even having huge ones for a day, but honestly, I'd try anything new if it were only for a day, I would not want it to be permanent.

If women want to get implants that's their choice, but the idea that every woman must want to be bigger is simply a false assumption.

I do think the posters who say large breasts are gross are being very rude, women are supposed to come in all shapes and sizes, and all women can be sexy.

Last edited by detshen; 05-11-2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Maybe this board appeals to asexual people. The pricipal appeal of large breasts is that most people find the owner to be sexier.

The popularity of implants, many of them quite large, certifies that millions of women will pay plenty to be sexier. Many women go back and get bigger implants. Most wish they had gone larger.

So I think the results of this poll says more about our posters than it does about the desireability of DDD's.

I have considered a board that allows more sexuality. At least this board has posters who can write....except for te**av. Little bothers me more than a serious case of illiteracy.

Plus there were posters who quickly piled on with accusations of cows etc.
There are so many things that make people sexy, breasts are just one thing. If you seriously think someone that doesn't want larger breasts must be asexual, you must have a sadly limited idea of what sexy is. To me sexy is confidence in whatever you look like. Sexy is my small breasted friend with her gorgeous yoga toned body wearing a tight shirt without a bra, men can't keep their eyes off her when we go out, she radiates sex appeal because she LOVES her body as it is, she's not a classic beauty, it's all in her attitude. Sexy is rarely only about looks, humor, wit and intelligence can also be very sexy. Large breasts can be sexy too, but they are far from the only thing. Naturally large breasts can be very sexy, but obvious fake breasts are actually a turnoff for a lot of people, I have guy friends who agree on this.

Last edited by detshen; 05-11-2011 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I fall out the -other- way. From the shoulders. I can't wear button-down shirts, at all, made by anyone, unless someone makes them custom for me, specifically. Which - I'm not going to bother doing, because I can't afford a wardrobe of custom-made clothing.

If I wear something to fit my back/shoulders/torso length, I'd be getting a woman's size 12. If it's a button-down, it won't button. At all. Not even if I can stretch it. If it's a pull-over, it'll smush against my breasts, assuming I can even get the shirt over them.

So I try a 16. Much more appropriate fit over the chest. However, the shoulder seams are now down halfway to my elbows, the neckline itself is slipping off one shoulder, the hip area bunches up like crazy when I try to tuck it in, and the length goes down to my thighs.

Okay then a 16 petite. What? No such thing. Next...

Summary: if I want it to fit over my chest correctly, then it has to be too big for my shoulders. If I want it to fit correctly over my shoulders, then it has to be too tight for my chest.

OR - I can wear a men's medium T-shirt and not worry about the fit at all, because it's probably perfect. Even if it isn't womanly or flattering.
The best thing you can do is find a great tailor so you can buy a larger size that fits your breasts and have the rest fitted to you. Most women have some issue finding clothes that fit everyone properly, we are all different (thank goodness,) a great tailor can change your life, and make all your clothes look amazing.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I don't see the point of even having huge ones for a day, but honestly, I'd try anything new if it were only for a day, I would not want it to be permanent.

If women want to get implants that's their choice, but the idea that every woman must want to be bigger is simply a false assumption.
I hope you understand that I appreciate your thoughtful and serious response and that I read and understood every bit of it but I just have to point out the above statement. The bolded part is what I was getting at so your answer is yes you would try it. That's really the bottom line. So you'd prefer to be smaller fine. I got no beef with that.

I'm not really assuming every woman wants to be bigger I'm just saying harmlessly trying it out if you are an a b or c is very likely. Some and I repeat SOME of the posts here imply that larger breasts are like the plague and that hell no if the anthrax fairy came by I wouldn't try it out for a day or even an hour. That's really my point. You obviously dont fall into that category.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
The best thing you can do is find a great tailor so you can buy a larger size that fits your breasts and have the rest fitted to you. Most women have some issue finding clothes that fit everyone properly, we are all different (thank goodness,) a great tailor can change your life, and make all your clothes look amazing.
Tailoring a shirt defeats the purpose of buying off the rack. If I was willing to spend money getting things tailored, I'd go the extra mile and get them custom made.

I'm the same way with pants. I don't pay people to hem my pants. If they don't fit when I try them on, they don't fit, period.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Unless you happen to be 6'1 with large breasts . For some reason, the larger the shirt gets, the shorter the torso. It's become increasingly difficult to find button up shirts that go below my belly button that also fit my chest. Tailors are great, but finding a shirt that can be tailored can also be a pain in the rear. They have shirts for tall girls, but spending $75 on a shirt and then needing to get it tailored isn't in my budget right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty