Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 09:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
He understands. He's just being obtuse for some perceived comedic value. Pam and Carmen are good examples but they both also have implants. Part of the break down is that people like him assume that the only way a woman can grow breasts larger then D cups is that she be over weight. However it is vey possible for a woman to have more breast tissue then average and still be small or average weight. Also just general ignorance of how bra sizes work which I am sure he is afflicted with to some extent. A short 5'1" women with a 36 band is going to look a lot different then a 5'10" woman with the same band size.
Still, I'm not grasping how 32DDD could be beautiful and ideal, while 36DDD (four inches bigger around the ribcage--NOT very much, especially considering the woman with the 32 band has visible ribs) is a fat cow. That's just some messed up body dysmorphia going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,571,072 times
Lao you know nothing of how bra sizing works. 36 isn't fat unless ur a midget or something.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,821,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Still, I'm not grasping how 32DDD could be beautiful and ideal, while 36DDD (four inches bigger around the ribcage--NOT very much, especially considering the woman with the 32 band has visible ribs) is a fat cow. That's just some messed up body dysmorphia going on.
I agree it is messed up. I just don't pay any attention to stuff like that. I know my wife is beautiful and that I am fortunate enough to be with her no matter what her size. We've been through 36D up to 38G and everything in between.

Speaking of that size I remember when tocarra was on Americas next top model my wife and I were commenting on how she said her size was 34Ddd or something and how tyra and crew were all shocked and looked at her as if she had spouted a second head. (Tyra having put on pounds since her runway days and being an d or DD made this especially suspect) but anyway throughout the whole competition they basically had nothing for tocarra to wear and they dressed her in much more frumpy clothes basically handicapping her throughout the competition which by design she wouldn't win anyway. My wife and I rooted for her knowing she would get cut but it was interesting watching how a big busted full figure woman was treated on the show. Anyway my wife kept saying "she's bigger then DDD" and sure enough after it was over she came out and admitted to being a 38G. Its funny how she felt she had to lie on the show even though she was picked to be on it and would surrounded by clothiers with measuring tapes for the duration. I'm surprised they didn't out her on air.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,672,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's all about perception... I met Kim kardashian last year and couldn't believe how little she is... Even with heels her face was right at 'boob level' to me. Seeing pictures of someone who says they are a 32 DDD and seeing one in real life can be a totally different experience.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's all about perception... I met Kim kardashian last year and couldn't believe how little she is... Even with heels her face was right at 'boob level' to me. Seeing pictures of someone who says they are a 32 DDD and seeing one in real life can be a totally different experience.
Internet pictures are touched and retouched and photo shopped. Big boobs can be made to look even bigger with padded push up bras, form fitted tops, wide angle or fish eye lenses. Like I said before a 32DD or even triple is not that big. A woman like that can put on a minimizer or lightly lined t shirt bra and a baggy t shirt or bulk sweater and pass you on the street and you wouldn't even notice.

My wife can and does the same thing. She has bras from VS that add three inches to her and pushes her up and out giving her the appearance of an I cup or so. This with a tank top or form fitting top with plunging neck and she catches a lot of eyes if we go out. At work or church or just during the winter a lightly lined bra under layers or a sweater or a loose top and only the most persistent of eyes would see that she is above average in bust size.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:19 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,487,831 times
Quote:
Internet pictures are touched and retouched and photo shopped. Big boobs can be made to look even bigger with padded push up bras, form fitted tops, wide angle or fish eye lenses. Like I said before a 32DD or even triple is not that big. A woman like that can put on a minimizer or lightly lined t shirt bra and a baggy t shirt or bulk sweater and pass you on the street and you wouldn't even notice.

My wife can and does the same thing. She has bras from VS that add three inches to her and pushes her up and out giving her the appearance of an I cup or so. This with a tank top or form fitting top with plunging neck and she catches a lot of eyes if we go out. At work or church or just during the winter a lightly lined bra under layers or a sweater or a loose top and only the most persistent of eyes would see that she is above average in bust size.
Correct on the 32 band size. It takes at least a G on a 32 to have the size of a DDD on a 34.

I'm a guy of many passions and I usually go off the deep end with my pursuits. I tried sculpting for awhile. You just can't put balloons on a 32...not enough width.

The 36 band size keeps being debated. Calling it fat is like saying that guys with over a 40" chest are fat. It.....depends on their height and bone structure.

I remember water skiing with a shorter friend who lifts weights...a lot. He looked very muscular and I looked a lot more slender. Yet I could not zip up his water skiing vest.

People would try to toss me a medium sized t-shirt and express dis-belief when I said that I needed an ex-large.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,185,357 times
Everybody is different.

I am *very* small boned (and short at 5'3") and when I am a size 7 (120 pounds) I am a 34DD. Right now I am 40 pounds overweight so my 34DD has gone up to a 36DDD.

So for me 36DDD is fat, but for someone like Pamela Anderson who has much larger bone structure and is taller, it is not fat at all.

20ysrinBranson

Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
You just can't put balloons on a 32...not enough width..
Well no but some women do when they get big implants. Real boobs that big droop and sag due to gravity except for maybe that slight window a woman has when they first grow that large. During that time a man should get put in handcuffs just for looking at them. For the rest of the grown up real women the reality is different. However because there are so many fake boobs out there and those are the ones likely to be photographed and idolized and objectified on tv and print - immature people sometimes assume that's what good is and that natural is gross or icky. It's funny and depressing at the same time.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,326,696 times
Count me in with the women who would NOT want DDD's. I would like to have a little "more" but not nearly that much. A small C would be my perfect choice. However, if I could go under a knife for free I would much rather opt for a tummy tuck.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:49 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,487,831 times
Quote:
Well no but some women do when they get big implants. Real boobs that big droop and sag due to gravity except for maybe that slight window a woman has when they first grow that large. During that time a man should get put in handcuffs just for looking at them. For the rest of the grown up real women the reality is different. However because there are so many fake boobs out there and those are the ones likely to be photographed and idolized and objectified on tv and print - immature people sometimes assume that's what good is and that natural is gross or icky. It's funny and depressing at the same time.
I think the biggest implant that will fit on a 32 is a G cup.

I was watching TV recently and *somehow* Danelle Derek appeared discussing her pleasure with her 32 G's. There was no more room.

If she went to the beach, there would be riots. People can not handle certain things.

Most guys have seen gigantic implants on larger women....much larger than a G. They usually get them reduced after awhile...for various reasons.

There have been big breast models who co-operated with modeling....mostly to get the money for a reduction. The thought is tragic to me.

Excuse me please...I need to figure out how Ms Derek appeared on my TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty