Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 AM

89 posts, read 230,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
If that person ever got into penis "enlargement" they'd be one rich bastard..
LOL I've heard some plastic surgeons use hyaluronic acid to make it grow, but it doesn't last forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 05:43 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
Well, she always was a pretty woman - that helps. However, she better quit while she is ahead. Her mouth is starting to get just a little bit of that "Joker" look. That's when they start looking creepy.

I also do not understand how celebrities with millions of dollars at their disposal end up with hideous plastic surgery botch jobs. So many of them are hard to look at these days: Meg Ryan, Darryl Hannah, etc. So sad that they feel they have to stay their "younger selvers" forever to be of value.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 AM

645 posts, read 988,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
.. However, she better quit while she is ahead. Her mouth is starting to get just a little bit of that "Joker" look. That's when they start looking creepy.
Just like a house of cards...it's the one last card that brings everything crashing down!

I think she threw down the gauntlet when she said "Mother Nature is messing with me! I'm just fighting back!" Hmm...Ms. Jackson is certainly old enough to remember those Chiffon commercials: "Nobody fools Mother Nature!"

Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
LOL I've heard some plastic surgeons use hyaluronic acid to make it grow, but it doesn't last forever
Acid???!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I guess she looked ok...but she still looks "done". Also, there was something weird about her mouth area. She looked like one of the houswives to me and that's not a compliment.

The thing that gets me is how much $, time, and energy she has put into her looks! I mean, imagine the good she could do in this world if she devoted those resources to something bigger than herself.
Yeah - but she's fighting a war! It's not just a "revolution" - It's "evolution!"

Old 04-07-2011, 09:03 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Well, she always was a pretty woman - that helps. However, she better quit while she is ahead. Her mouth is starting to get just a little bit of that "Joker" look. That's when they start looking creepy.

I also do not understand how celebrities with millions of dollars at their disposal end up with hideous plastic surgery botch jobs. So many of them are hard to look at these days: Meg Ryan, Darryl Hannah, etc. So sad that they feel they have to stay their "younger selvers" forever to be of value.
Love this post!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans&Cornbread View Post
She's had 52 procedures! Now, I am not a plastic surgery advocate by any means - but when I saw this, I could not believe this woman was 55 years old. She looks amazing!

So, this begs the question - who is this lady's plastic surgeon??!! And why aren't these wealthy folks and celebrities going to the same one??? Most celebrities that have plastic surgery done look AWFUL!! This lady's surgeon must win all the industry awards...

Woman Takes Anti-Age Surgeries to Extreme (http://news.yahoo.com/video/health-15749655/woman-takes-anti-age-surgeries-to-extreme-24795116 - broken link)
People who do this type of stuff to enhance themselves are mentally unstable and deprived

I am not sure why you are giving it two thumbs.

Anyone remembers the Frances McDormand character in burn after reading?? I was laughing every time they showed her talking about her surgeries. Becoz that is what it makes them into, clowns

Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
People who do this type of stuff to enhance themselves are mentally unstable and deprived

I am not sure why you are giving it two thumbs.

Anyone remembers the Frances McDormand character in burn after reading?? I was laughing every time they showed her talking about her surgeries. Becoz that is what it makes them into, clowns

I'm assuming you meant "depraved?" Personally, I don't think she is "depraved." I feel for her because her father made her feel inadequate and she suffered low esteem for most of her life. Are there other/better ways to address her self image issues? Absolutely. But, honestly, I don't fault her for her choices. After all, it's her body and she has the right to do what she chooses.

As I stated in my OP, I am not a plastic surgery advocate. I gave a couple thumbs up because I thought her surgeon has done some remarkable work. There are tons of examples of hack jobs in this field. As another poster stated, all too often celebrities turn to plastic surgery in order to maintain their youth, but it turns out to be a disaster.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
I think this woman was in the media back in the 90s/early 2000s for trying to look like Barbie. No, I'm not kidding. It was her goal.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I think this woman was in the media back in the 90s/early 2000s for trying to look like Barbie. No, I'm not kidding. It was her goal.
No, I know who you are thinking of and this girl is not that person.

The woman who had all of those surgeries to look like Barbie looks nowhere near as natural as this woman does.

The woman you are thinking of had a baby a little while ago. I remember wondering how she was going to handle what a pregnancy was going to do to her "perfect" body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty