Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 09:17 AM

860 posts, read 2,716,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Do not set foot in the Fashion Square mall in Scottsdale, AZ. You'll burst into tears.
Ha ha ha! If you want to look young forever,do not move to the desert Southwest! I have been here less than a year and its really hard to avoid the sun. there is difference between the skin of Midwestern women and the Scottsdale honies.
Lemon Lime, I saw you on the Tuscon forum, you should go be a Southern Belle if you are deadly serious about looking youthful longer! This dry heat and sun is a real killer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
That seems about right.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
This dry heat and sun is a real killer!
I put on Oil of Olay as soon as I was my face in the morning. Face, neck, back of neck. Arms and legs in the summer when they're exposed and I re-apply it during the day. Plus, probably by the middle of next month, I'll limit the time I'm out in the sun. And sunglasses! The glare from the sun in the desert is something else. Plus a hat with a brim. I own a lot of cute hats and keep one in the car in case I forget when I leave the house. And, obviously, I drink water all day long. Always have a small bottle in my purse. Always.

(I don't know what it is about the sunscreen in Oil of Olay, but it's a good one. I know horse riders, skiiers and surfers (both sexes) who won't go out without it.)

Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Great post ..... it reminded me of this quote ...

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
That is a beautiful quote!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 AM

174 posts, read 240,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Ha ha ha! If you want to look young forever,do not move to the desert Southwest! I have been here less than a year and its really hard to avoid the sun. there is difference between the skin of Midwestern women and the Scottsdale honies.
Lemon Lime, I saw you on the Tuscon forum, you should go be a Southern Belle if you are deadly serious about looking youthful longer! This dry heat and sun is a real killer!
No kidding- Same thing with any dry sunny climate. Even colder states like Colorado Wyo. Same applys for men, nobody likes sun damaged skin! Seattle seems to have a lot of people with really nice skin.

I dont mind the look of woman over 35 if they take care of therselves. Actually I find woman at 35 to be at their peak. It's when people are much older and start losing muscle that things really start going south.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Well it is true, sadly society chooses to punish females after they turn 35 calling them fat, old, hag invisable. We worship youth.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:45 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
Yes, the Southwest is dreadful for skin........which is why I'm in to skincare! I used Olay in the 2000s--Total Effects, Regenerist etc.---- really destroyed my skin. Now I use mostly skin rebuilders (Retin-a, Copper Peptides), a Clarisonic, oils & oil based moisturizer & sunscreen. I wear makeup to work & go out but not for errands.

Last summer I used a French sunscreen called Bioderma; it has a high UVA rating. There were reports against chemical sunscreens last year so many boards I read online are saying to switch to zinc..........I probably won't spend much time outside this summer. But not worried-- copper peptide removes damaged collagen & the peels I've done seem to help a lot.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 PM

174 posts, read 240,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Well it is true, sadly society chooses to punish females after they turn 35 calling them fat, old, hag invisable. We worship youth.
The couger phenomenom would say otherwise! I have a friend that is 40 something, who has good looking 20-35 year old men chasing her to no end. She's says shes not interested in the young ones, but says the men her own age are either unattractive or taken...Talk about dammed if you do! If I was a single woman I'd go for a 30 yo in a second.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:19 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
The couger phenomenom would say otherwise! I have a friend that is 40 something, who has good looking 20-35 year old men chasing her to no end. She's says shes not interested in the young ones, but says the men her own age are either unattractive or taken...Talk about dammed if you do! If I was a single woman I'd go for a 30 yo in a second.
Most decent looking 40-something women have 20 something men chasing after them. They are in search of NSA sex from an experienced woman.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:50 PM

59 posts, read 104,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Most decent looking 40-something women have 20 something men chasing after them. They are in search of NSA sex from an experienced woman.
That's just it, younger men just want sex from goodlooking older women, not a relationship. Each to their own, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty