Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,599,513 times

Advertisements

There's nothing wrong with taking care of your skin. Using anti aging products/facial creams, does not make you shallow. How you treat others is a good indicator of a good person. Who cares if you take an extra 5 minutes and put some cream on?

At the same time...if you are one of those who don't want to be more aggressive with your skin care...great! I'm sure you will still live a happy and fulfilling life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 08:36 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,784,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
I will never accept a lined, tired face as inevitable...nor will I surround myself with people who think aging is normal. I'd rather set higher standards for myself health-wise & spend time with people who have similar values.

A lovely website about how easy it is to use Retin-a....
Welcome to Skinacea! - Happy Skin is Happy me

My only regret is that I didn't start using it sooner! 30 something ladies, don't play around with your looks....get on a good skincare regime *before* you turn 40.
it's better than all the botox being pumped into your face, so you look like a freak

Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Fortunately I don't hang out with people who are so shallow, that they think happiness can only be achieved if, when you die, you LOOK good.

The people I hang out with, are too busy living to give two cahoots about how someone looks. You want to see one of the most beautiful people in the world? You should see one of my dear friends - she's I think 48. Skinny as a beanpole, has flaming red fuzzy hair down to her non-implanted chest, crinkles around her eyes, lilly-white skin, freckles, and "textured" skin. Physically, she's pretty. No raving beauty. But when I see her, I am in awe of her exquisteness. She OOZES beauty out of every imperfect pore. She spends most of her time divided between caring for her husband who has been suffering from ALS for several years and can no longer care for himself and STILL manages to be one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen, their equally exquisite daughter, and her business. She wears no makeup. She has no interest in botox. She is loved by hundreds of people, and when she is old and grey, there will be people lined up to take care of her.

You can't buy what my friend has. It isn't available in a tube of Retin-A, and it isn't available on a low-carb diet, or from a slab of salmon. People who are -that- shallow - that they think anyone who doesn't buy the creams and eat the foods are inferior and unattractive, will NEVER earn the right to call themselves beautiful. Even if they are physically flawless.
I couldn't of said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I will never accept a lined, tired face as inevitable...nor will I surround myself with people who think aging is normal. I'd rather set higher standards for myself health-wise & spend time with people who have similar values.

A lovely website about how easy it is to use Retin-a....
Welcome to Skinacea! - Happy Skin is Happy me

My only regret is that I didn't start using it sooner! 30 something ladies, don't play around with your looks....get on a good skincare regime *before* you turn 40.
Helloooooo, aging is normal

Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I did Perricone throughout my 30s....high protein salmon diet, anti inflammatory & made a huuuuuge difference till I was 35. Used Olay, didn't care. That I could have pretty skin again..:... never occurred to me. Wow what a wake up call when I turned 38 & started hearing nasty comments. I have a ton of sun damage from my upbringing in Texas...... wow, within a few months of using Tua Viso & copper peptides I had people accusing me of having a facelift! I've added RA & peels & will nevvvvvver look back. It's like embarking on a whole new journey... I *love* skincare & will do it the rest of my life.

Skin care & gadgets is the new culture..... I'd hate to be left out & not know what was going on. The celebs get Botox, sure. But a lot of them use Retin-a, peels etc. Kate Moss, the English supermodel, uses the Tua Viso. Google Tina Richards, the UK Tua Viso rep; she has a Facebook page....

Skincare is *in fashion*, in case you didn't know.
Kate Moss is a hot mess, i would never want to look like that, everytime i see her i wanna give her something to eat. By the time that girl is 45 she's going to be one wrinkled looking hag from years of starving her body.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:21 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,252,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
She is loved by hundreds of people, and when she is old and grey, there will be people lined up to take care of her.

You can't buy what my friend has. It isn't available in a tube of Retin-A, and it isn't available on a low-carb diet, or from a slab of salmon. People who are -that- shallow - that they think anyone who doesn't buy the creams and eat the foods are inferior and unattractive, will NEVER earn the right to call themselves beautiful. Even if they are physically flawless.
Great post ..... it reminded me of this quote ...

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Old 02-28-2011, 08:28 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL, no gray hair here either.

And I disagree with whomever said that it's a health issue.
If you are exercising, drinking fluids, watching diet...etc and you get wrinkles then it's just the natural aging process. Kind of like some women get stretch marks and some don't...some women are more prone to wrinkling than others.

Ive been getting gray hair since I was 17, I have dark brown hair, but color my hair black, my son is 18 he's had gray hair since he was 15, ...
Oh I have to color my hair tonite..
Yes vaseline is great for your face..

Old 02-28-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Dont know wether to laugh or roll my eyes..
Im in my early 40's and dont look over 30..
I have no wrinkles, no crowsfeet,
My friend is 49 and her face is smooth too..she dont have wrinkles
Are you trying to sell us something?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you do not look 30, you look your age and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,411,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
They are taking Retin-A off the market by the way.
Wha!?! Where do you hear/read this?

Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,411,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I definitely agree. I'm not going to sit here and take it peacefully!

LOL, same here! I use my fair share of products (Retin-A/Retinol, Glycolic acids, moisturizers, sunscreens, Clarisonic, etc.), but I've been using beauty products since I was in jr. high. If I can prevent damage or improve my skin, why the heck not!?! And I don't just stop at my face, I treat my whole body.

----------------------------------------------------

I know you guys say women peak in the late teens, early twenties, but the strange thing is I find guys are more into me now then they were back then. Or maybe it's just the skinny jeans!?! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty