Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 AM

236 posts, read 860,208 times

Advertisements

Alright, what I'm about to say is purely based on personal opinion. Do not be offended by any of the following... ♥

Okay, so what is the point in having a tattoo? Really, what is so great about them? They're tackey and useless. What do they tell people? You like Tweety bird so much that you need to put him on your thigh?

Some say Tats are sexy. How? What's sexy about this?http://www.tattoos-ideas.net/wp-cont...irl-tattoo.jpg

Isn't the body supposed to be treated like a temple?

To people who have tattoos: (if you don't mind me asking)
  1. Do you regret the tattoo(s)?
  2. What was the reason for the tattoo(s)?
  3. What does the tattoo say about you?

To people who want tattoos:
  1. why?
And what's up with this putting your >insert dead loved ones name here< tats? Are you going to forget their name or something?
I don't have anything against people who have tats, I just wanna know WHY!?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
I don't have any tattoos but I've always wanted one on my ankle or the inside of my wrist. The problem is, I know once it's there it can't be changed which is why I have never had it done. I'm afraid I'd get tired of looking at it and unlike jewelry, you can't just take it off and put something different on.

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While you may not find tattoos sexy, appealing or attractive, someone else may. I don't particularly love long hair on men but that doesn't mean that someone else won't find that attractive.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
I dont have any tattoos but my boyfriend's chest and upper arms are covered in the art by a famous tattoo artist. I have to say I enjoy them very much. He is cut and they are bright colored imagery so it looks very nice to me.

The comment about the dead is rather rude FYI. I really don't see the difference between that or buying a headstone. Its just a memorial of someone you loved on the flesh instead of on the ground.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I agree with the OP on tattoos for the most part.

Dudes with tats - I understand. They get them because they want people to think they are some kind of bada$$es. As in "look at my tats, Im such a bada$$". Kinda gives them a false sense of self confidence or something. Like "Oooooh, dont mess with me, look, Ive got tattoos".

Chicks with tats - In most cases, its sad, pathetic and skanky. As I said above, guys get them because they want to give the impression they are bada$$, chicks get them because they usually have some personal issues or momentarily lack of judgment like "Oh, I got them while I was drunk on spring break with all my girlfriends. We all got the same little dolphin tats on our ankles to remember the occasion". STUPID. Im being nice here because Im willing to bet most chicks with tats didnt go to or finish college. Worst is the "mark of the W*ore" tat on their lower back. Its as if they are saying "Oh I like when im getting an*l sex from a guy and he can see my artwork" Skanky, skanky, skanky. The few and rare times where I think its okay for a chick to have tats is when its part of their life/persona. Like I know a few yoga and bellydance chicks who have VERY elaborate tattoos that the obviously spent thousands of dollars on and even more time having it designed. Those look good because its part of the person's whole being.

Its always unattractive to me seeing chicks with all these cheapo random tattoos on their body. Mighty Mouse on one wrist, a dolphin on the ankle, script writing near the boob, tat of her baby's face on her shoulder and "RIP Joker 1985-2005".

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 02-19-2011 at 09:46 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:35 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
"What's the POINT in tattoos?"

So you can be different... just like everybody else!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,113 times
So that they can have a conversation piece for everyone to talk about when they're 80 years old -- hahaha, why is there a droopy tweety bird tat on that man's chest? What was he thinking?

Old 02-19-2011, 11:22 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
So that they can have a conversation piece for everyone to talk about when they're 80 years old -- hahaha, why is there a droopy tweety bird tat on that man's chest? What was he thinking?
LOL, or the petite rose on her breast becomes a long-stemmed rose when she ages.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:26 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaPanda♥ View Post
Okay, so what is the point in having a tattoo? Really, what is so great about them? They're tackey and useless. What do they tell people? You like Tweety bird so much that you need to put him on your thigh?
I personally do not care for them. When I see people with visible tattoos, especially A LOT OF THEM... I always think.... "Is the circus in town?" LOL But seriously, my experience has been that people with a lot of tattoos have personal "agendas". They are trying to prove a point or something.

I do not have a tattoo, and no one that I have ever dated (or been married to), has had one. My dad had some, but he got them in the army in WWII, so that doesn't really count.

To me they are degrading and look tacky. Just my personal opinion.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-19-2011, 12:49 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Great, another tattoo-bashing thread.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Great, another tattoo-bashing thread.
Exactly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.