Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,804,085 times

Advertisements

I wear thongs 95% as well. I'm more comfortable in thongs. I don't like pantie lines. The other times it's boy shorts.

My girlfriend was turned off by a guy and his tighty whiteys. I think it wasn't the whitey, but the not so white part. The guy said, bleach is bleach. Nope, dude. Clorox is bleach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 06:42 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,354,570 times
I'm relatively young (26), and I happen to wear briefs. Not those horrible cheap Hanes or FOTL ones that would probably hit me mid-chest, but low rise briefs from Calvin Klein are the best.

The thing about boxer briefs is that they're not consistent. I hate the super long ones. So instead, I buy the trunks.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:15 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,760,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
I am shocked by the hate against thongs in this thread! Yeah, you shouldn't wear them with dresses and skirts more than 3"+ above the knee but they are the "go-to" underwear when you're wearing pants or shorts to prevent the dreaded panty line. VS claims to make briefs/boyshorts that are thin enough to prevent panty lines, but they really don't. Do women not care about other people being able to see their underwear through their clothes anymore?
I think panty lines look sexy. And when a woman wear pants with somewhat see through fabric and I see her panties - well I think that some good sightseeing. So who cares about VPL - you may attract men that way.

And as a crossdresser, I've lately had an interest to buy beautiful fancy granny panties but none exist except for the Vanity Fair Private Collection ones I got from Macy's [my only set].

For guy underwear and daily wear I wear Fruit of the Looms. I don't wear out my panties for daily wear...

Old 10-08-2010, 09:44 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,680,203 times
My SO wears either boxer briefs or none, depending on what's goin' on.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:45 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,320,700 times
There is a diff between thongs and g-strings. G-strings are super comfy and sexy. Thongs are torture and look gross unless you have a totally flat butt. Granny panties and boy shorts are super comfy for those days when you don't need to worry about panty lines. I think VPL isn't a big deal and have consciously chosen to have them. As with all things if you have a good body it is excusable.

Men should wear tighty whiteys more often.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:09 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,141,414 times
Ah visible panty lines: there are panties out there that have none and they do work! I believe they have them at Target and Jc Penney. Check 'em out!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,998,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
There is a diff between thongs and g-strings. G-strings are super comfy and sexy. Thongs are torture and look gross unless you have a totally flat butt.
Sorry, but if a woman has a "totally flat butt" NOTHING and I mean NOTHING in the world will make it look like anything other than gross. I mentioned earlier that my wife wears primarily thongs and g-strings because 1) she says they are comfortable; 2) No panty lines; 3) she thinks they are sexy; and 4) because I think they are sexy.

Oh, and she has a perfectly round shaped, firm, bubble butt that looks good in everything.

I took an accounting of my underwear after reading this thread. For the most part, I have almost all tighty whities because just about every day I am doing some type of exercise (kung fu, yoga, tai chi, running, weights, crossfit, etc.) so the support is needed. I do have a few pair of boxers that the wife bought for me, but for the most part, I use those as "pajamas" to sleep in. I dont like that boxers do not provide support but mostly because "things" can be seen through certain pants. Im not a big guy (31"-32" waist) with a somewhat flat stomach so that "certain part of my anatomy" seems to be quite prominent when wearing boxers. Makes me uncomfortable when out in public. The wife likes it because she knows women are looking. She's like "Oh yeah ladies, that is all mine"

Old 10-10-2010, 12:30 PM

884 posts, read 2,645,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
I am shocked by the hate against thongs in this thread! Yeah, you shouldn't wear them with dresses and skirts more than 3"+ above the knee but they are the "go-to" underwear when you're wearing pants or shorts to prevent the dreaded panty line. VS claims to make briefs/boyshorts that are thin enough to prevent panty lines, but they really don't. Do women not care about other people being able to see their underwear through their clothes anymore?
I have never cared if anyone can tell if I have undies on. I can think of worst things. Besides as a woman I'm not looking at another womans azz to see if she got undies on.
Men, like mine seem to not care about visible undies. However, my hubby has a "thing" for panties. Before thongs came out nobody cared about VPL's. So no. I tried thongs-several different kinds and I hate them.
Women that wear white pants with bright/print undies are another story.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:21 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,298,392 times
The OP article said the Bali Skimp Scamp was the best selling brief. That one really doesn't leave any panty lines under clothing. Unless you clothing is so think, sheer and revealing that panties probably aren't on the menu anyway.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:52 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,417,540 times
Just go Commando!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty