Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: How do you see yourself physically?
Plain 11 57.89%
Beautiful 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM

239 posts, read 895,987 times

Advertisements

I see lots of very attractive women walking up and down the streets in Downtown DC. I wonder what they think about themselves. They seem to go all out with fancy hair, makeup, clothes and they carry themselves like beauty queens. But do they really think they are beautiful or are they their own worst critics?

Do you see yourself as ugly, plain, pretty, fancy, or just plain beautiful?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 02:07 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,343,661 times
I see myself as plain but then again I've always had self-esteem issues. Not sure what others would think of me.

Last edited by KylieEve; 09-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: .

Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,910 times
I'm not exactly one to be on top of the latest trends or anything, but I consider myself at least decent-looking. I've never been one to get too caught up in the whole makeup/hair thing.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:33 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Plain face, very lean and fit body.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
My wife is smoking hot!! I mean, body, hair, face, style, everything. She only thinks of herself as being "pretty" which to me is like Bill Gates saying "I think I make just enough money to barely make ends meet".

Old 09-28-2010, 05:56 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,934,742 times
Some days I feel like a Plain Jane, other days I feel a little more sparkly. Often I rock up somewhere feeling like I was dragged behind the train instead of riding on it, and people tell me how great I look. If I can't decide, I just go with whatever hubby says, on account of his total objectivity and lack of bias.

Edit: Didn't really answer the OP. There's a Danish woman at work who could be a model. She's very tall and slim but has an interesting look. Really wild blond hair, very slim figure and dresses like a dream. She can wear stuff that's either classy or bo-ho and it looks fantastic on her. She's also highly intelligent and a really nice chick to boot!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,344,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Edit: Didn't really answer the OP. There's a Danish woman at work who could be a model. She's very tall and slim but has an interesting look. Really wild blond hair, very slim figure and dresses like a dream. She can wear stuff that's either classy or bo-ho and it looks fantastic on her. She's also highly intelligent and a really nice chick to boot!
I hate her already!

KIDDING!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,887,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
self-esteem issues
This is the key to any of these issues, not just how we see ourselves, but how we compare ourselves to others, and ultimately how we even see others.

People just give up too easily and do not work with what they have. Clothes can alter your look so you can be someone different everyday, more so for women since males don't have as many fashion options, but there is also the way we carry ourselves and act.

Some people deliberately dress and act ugly when they can do so much better. On the other hand some rather unattractive people carefully consider their appearance and demeanor and adjust so that they appear very desirable.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 AM

19,579 posts, read 9,584,632 times
Know anyone who is stunningly beautiful and fashionable?

This headline made me wonder if that is in our everyday lives that we lead or ala Hollywood?

Old 09-29-2010, 11:26 AM

19,579 posts, read 9,584,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
This is the key to any of these issues, not just how we see ourselves, but how we compare ourselves to others, and ultimately how we even see others.

People just give up too easily and do not work with what they have. Clothes can alter your look so you can be someone different everyday, more so for women since males don't have as many fashion options, but there is also the way we carry ourselves and act.

Some people deliberately dress and act ugly when they can do so much better. On the other hand some rather unattractive people carefully consider their appearance and demeanor and adjust so that they appear very desirable.

Or rather, how OTHERS [opposite sex - men, usually] voluntarily compare us to the others. There were like 5 guys down at the metro stop that were putting up placards w/ numbers on them [1-10, if you get my drift] based on their personal views of each woman that was coming down off the escalator that day. Nice to know how our fellow man enjoys hurting other people's feelings as human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty