Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: How do you see yourself physically?
Plain 11 57.89%
Beautiful 8 42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
I see lots of very attractive women walking up and down the streets in Downtown DC. I wonder what they think about themselves. They seem to go all out with fancy hair, makeup, clothes and they carry themselves like beauty queens. But do they really think they are beautiful or are they their own worst critics?

Do you see yourself as ugly, plain, pretty, fancy, or just plain beautiful?

I am very beautiful..People tend to stare at me..But I dont mind..I love people..My inside is just as beautiful too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,341,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Or rather, how OTHERS [opposite sex - men, usually] voluntarily compare us to the others. There were like 5 guys down at the metro stop that were putting up placards w/ numbers on them [1-10, if you get my drift] based on their personal views of each woman that was coming down off the escalator that day. Nice to know how our fellow man enjoys hurting other people's feelings as human beings.

I hope that they were teenagers at least. Not that that excuses their behaviour but if grown men were doing this

Old 09-29-2010, 12:27 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,883,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Or rather, how OTHERS [opposite sex - men, usually] voluntarily compare us to the others. There were like 5 guys down at the metro stop that were putting up placards w/ numbers on them [1-10, if you get my drift] based on their personal views of each woman that was coming down off the escalator that day. Nice to know how our fellow man enjoys hurting other people's feelings as human beings.
Unfortunately, signs or not, people, not just men, do this everyday in treating others differently, acting more friendly, etc...

It is also easy to blame the actions of others for our own self-esteem issues but if we have better self-esteem then getting low-carded should not affect one terribly.

Likewise if the person who gets the high-card feels a boost all day because of it then you can also say they have bad self-esteem issues as well if that is what it takes for a boost...see not just the unattractive have self-esteem issues.

It is never other people, or the Hollywood version of beauty that is put out, that causes self-esteem issues but rather how we feel ourselves and what we think up all in our own little minds.

I am sure though that it is worst for post-menopausal women though...instead of men looking to them to see if they are attractive or not it is as if they are just invisible. Something to do with how we evolved to notice those who have the most fertile signals.

In either case too many people believe they are either born with it or not, which leads to most self-esteem issues, because they are focused on just one aspect of themselves and do not really see themselves as a complete person able to express and display beauty in other ways.

For some it is as if others do not find them attractive then they just give up and quit trying when the people who are most likely viewed as attractive consistently work with what they have instead of just giving up.

A graceful person who is elegant is always a winner regardless of the looks they were born with.

Last edited by Merovee; 09-29-2010 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-29-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
I am very beautiful..People tend to stare at me..But I dont mind..I love people..My inside is just as beautiful too.

AND you're modest as well

Old 09-29-2010, 03:34 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,096,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
AND you're modest as well

Im just very confident...

Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,150,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Im just very confident...
There's nothing wrong with being confident, as long as it doesn't come off as snobbish or arrogant

Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

just kidding with you

Old 09-29-2010, 05:24 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,072 times
I see myself as a normal and plain young woman. Not ugly, just less attractive. There is only one person that I just happen to be almost alike but different, my friend. She's short like me, hour glass figure, and a cute face. I'm just the opposite. However, I love love my personality though. I wouldn't dare to exchange it for my friend's cuteness. I'm proud of that for sure.

Oh yeah. I think my fashion is pretty decent. Very simple and modest. Not anything like nyc fashion. It's my own kind of fashion.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM

219 posts, read 624,475 times
I rate myself with how I feel, I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. If I feel healthy, I'll say I feel beautiful! Not every day can be a good one, we all have our bad days where we avoid the mirror, but for the most part, I'd say I look good!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:52 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,891,950 times
Some men and women think I'm beautiful, but I just see myself as cute or pretty (the girl next door type).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty