Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:13 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,139,154 times

Advertisements

What do you think of them, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "(store) shopper" (in relation to clothes)?

Kohl's?

Neiman Marcus?

The Fashion Bug?

Savers?

Hollister?

Aeropostale?

Gymboree?

Zumiez?

Big & Tall?

Burberry?

LaCoste?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,686,672 times
I can only speak to Kohl's and Neiman Marcus as those are the only two shops I have been in. I love both equally and have gotten as many compliments on my Kohl's outfits as I have on my Neiman outfits. Which is good because I sure save a lot more at Kohl's lol.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 PM

37,651 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
What do you think of them, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "(store) shopper" (in relation to clothes)?

Kohl's? I shop there occasionally. Good place to buy lingerie as they have such good prices.

Neiman Marcus? Rarely shop in one, very pricey store. Nothing I need there.

The Fashion Bug? Been in one once...they had a few cute things but not enough to get me back in there.

Savers? Never heard of it.

Hollister? Too damn dark.

Aeropostale? Some cute things...maybe more for the younger crowd.

Gymboree? I bought many of my son's clothes here when he was a baby/toddler - love their clothes!.

Zumiez? Never heard of it.

Big & Tall? No need of it.

Burberry? I don't do $$$ designer stuff.

LaCoste? Same as above.
My replies are in red...

Old 08-07-2010, 01:55 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,735,203 times
Quote:

Kohl's?

Neiman Marcus?

The Fashion Bug?

Savers?

Hollister?

Aeropostale?

Gymboree?

Zumiez?

Big & Tall?

Burberry?

LaCoste?

Who doesn't love (but who can afford) Neiman Marcus?

/meh/ to the rest of them.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:29 AM

1,963 posts, read 5,627,546 times
Burberry has definitely been undergoing a renaissance in the past couple years. It's the IT fashion brand among 20-somethings, in the way that D&G, Gucci & Lacoste used to be. Mad props to the ppl running the show across the pond.

Neiman's is even more exclusive than Saks and window-shopping there is like thumbing through an issue of the Robb Report.

Kohl's is like Marshall's or Sear's. Good for cheap boxers, socks & bedding but their name-brand apparel (like Nike, Underarmour or Adidas) is overpriced, even on sale.

Hollister/Aero/Zumiez (and AF/AE/PacSun) are for middle school & hs kiddies. Anyone over 24 still wearing a polo with a stupid seagull or Fallen tee has no shame.

Big & Tall is like the Mens' Warehouse. You go there out of necessity or sheer laziness.

As far as Gymboree, my friends who have toddlers tell me it's a good upscale mid-priced clothing line. Their hook is they have a frequent shopper rewards program, so parents can rack-up points & get credit toward future purchases. The company has a cheaper brand Crazy8 and also a boutique line Jack & Jane. It's really my go-to baby store whenever i have to give a 1st Bday gift because of their liberal return policy.

and finally Lacoste: i hate to say it, but Lacoste is soooo 2004!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:11 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
The only one I go to is Kohl's. Especially for bedding...a quality down comforter with actual down for $50 can't be passed up - and sleepwear. One of their in-house lines makes the most comfy jammies.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,651,501 times
No, no, no no and no LOL I shop at Marshall's almost exclusively, shop online at Macy's and shop online for pants off of the Baby Phat website because her jeans fit me like they are made for me.... I detest Kohls, and 90% of the other stores listed. I find that their clothing just seems like poor quality. I got a HOT pair of white Calvin Klein jeans at Marshall's with the original department store tag of a price of $119 on clearance for $15. Gotta love Marshalls!!!

Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,483,364 times
Quote:

Kohl's? Decent choice and good prices. Basic stuff.

Neiman Marcus? Have to say I never cared for it - don't care for the styles even if I believed in spending that kind of money. Seems to be more of a status thing to say you shop there. Whatever.

The Fashion Bug? Sounds kind of familiar....

Savers? Never heard of it
Hollister? For teens - too dark, loud and crowded so I don't go in if I'm shopping with my teens.

Aeropostale? Pretty decent sales if you don't mind every piece of clothing saying Aero on it...

Gymboree? Cute baby/toddler clothes...haven't shopped there in years though...

Zumiez? Skater/boarder styles. Have purchased a few things there for my son from time to time....

Big & Tall? Never been in one but I'd think it was some place for big and tall people to find clothing that fits?

Burberry? shrugs .... not that into designers - I don't avoid them if I see something I really like that's one thing but I don't go specifically looking for something...

LaCoste? see Burberry comment above...

Old 08-10-2010, 09:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,733,139 times
Kohl's? Affordable clothing. On par with or a bit better than Target.

Neiman Marcus? Expensive.

The Fashion Bug? Never been there.

Hollister? The outside of their stores all look exactly the same. I've never been inside.

Aeropostale? Aeropostale: junior high as Hollister: high school. Trendy, pseudo-beach wear for kids who want to look edgy and unique by wearing the same outfits.

Gymboree? Cute clothes, although overly matchy-matchy. I'd buy a few things there on sale. Too expensive for my kids' play clothes.

Zumiez? Don't know anything about it.

Big & Tall? A store for men who are tall or overweight or both.

Burberry? That plaid. Not a fan.

LaCoste? As in Izod? I think of a preppy girl back in elementary school who was Queen B*tch to me. Bermuda shorts, Izod polo, matching argyle sweater and socks, and pennyloafers. Fetching!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,058,973 times
[quote=tvdxer;15366289]What do you think of them, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "(store) shopper" (in relation to clothes)?

Kohl's? I never shop there for myself. they never have anything I like, and when they do, it is too small in the chest and too big in the waist. But we bought some good shorts and shirts for my sons there at reasonable prices.

Neiman Marcus? Wish I had one in my town because I like Neiman better than Saks. We have Saks. I ALWAYS find something here!!!
The Fashion Bug? I might have been in one a long time ago. Aren't they a plus-size store? We have one, but I never go in there.

Hollister? Isn't that for teens? Never been there.

Aeropostale? Isn't that for teens? Never been there.
Gymboree? Used to buy baby and toddler clothes there. Haven't been in one for years.

Zumiez? Never been.

Big & Tall? Isn't this for men? I'm neither man, nor big, nor tall.

Burberry? This sounds really bad, but every Asian on the bus up from Los Angeles is clad in Burberry. I won't wear it for that reason. I don't follow the crowd.
LaCoste? Um ..... no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty