Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,321,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
What do you think of them, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "(store) shopper" (in relation to clothes)?

Kohl's? Never find anything there.

Neiman Marcus? Love it.

The Fashion Bug?

Savers?

Hollister? Tweens love it.

Aeropostale? Tweens again.

Gymboree?

Zumiez?

Big & Tall?

Burberry?

LaCoste?
The replies in blue are the only ones I know about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:45 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,056,771 times
Kohl's? They're the same as the JC Penney crowd: for practical people, but some better clothing styles (imo)

Neiman Marcus? They want the best, and Nordstrom can't compete

The Fashion Bug? They want to be trendy

Savers? They also shop Shop at Goodwill and/or the Salvation Army Store

Hollister? They're teens that want to be like everyone else

Aeropostale? (See Hollister)

Gymboree? They like cute baby clothing

Zumiez? They're skater guys and skater chicks, Tony Hawk's admirers

Big & Tall? They can't find clothes their size anywhere else

Burberry? They keep up with the Joneses, and like plaid.

LaCoste? They like Alligators on their apparel as opposed to the Classic Polo horseman

Old 04-13-2013, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My replies are in red...
Just for you I found a good place to buy "lingerie" too at good price...

Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM

747 posts, read 1,684,159 times
Kohl's? - junk

Neiman Marcus? - love it!

The Fashion Bug? - shopped there as a plus sized teen

Savers? never heard of it

Hollister? great for casual beach clothing

Aeropostale? not much of an opinion but I have a few tops from there

Gymboree? pain in the ass kids

Zumiez? have no idea what that is

Big & Tall? great for people who need those sizes

Burberry? love me some designer items!

LaCoste? never shopped there before so no opinion

Old 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,816,265 times
Kohl's? - someone who wants to look presentable but can't afford good quality and accepts that her stuff will probably fall apart right around the same time the fashion trends change anyway, so it doesn't matter all that much.

Neiman Marcus? - someone who wants good quality, and can afford to maintain an expensive wardrobe, and is more likely to buy timeless fashion, rather than being a slave to current, short-lived trends (although she would probably pick up a trendy something here and there as well)

The Fashion Bug? Same as Kohl's, with a somewhat younger demographic.

Savers? Never heard of it.

Hollister? Unneccessary expense for a limited selection geared toward an even more limited audience, PLUS people with no sense of smell, since you can't go in there without inhaling their brand's overbearing cologne.

Aeropostale? Similar to Hollister, minus the asthma-attack-inducing cologne.

Gymboree? Uh, I thought it was one of those indoor kiddie parks. Pass.

Zumiez? Never heard of it.

Big & Tall? The shopper is either big, tall, or both.

Burberry? Classic, timeless, and expensive pieces. One of those things where everyone should have at least one item from this label, even if they can't afford a whole outfit.

LaCoste? Polo shirts. Another thing that everyone should own at least one of.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:43 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,566,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
What do you think of them, and what's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear "(store) shopper" (in relation to clothes)?

Kohl's? Cheap but occasionally some good finds.

Neiman Marcus? Pricey

The Fashion Bug? Yuck!

Savers? Never heard of it.

Hollister? Loud, loud, loud! Glad my son has drifted away from this store.

Aeropostale? Son loves it; too young for me.

Gymboree? Great for babies!

Zumiez? Never heard of it

Big & Tall? Country

Burberry? Expensive

LaCoste?
Outdated.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,919,728 times
I love kohls. I don't always find something, but when I do it is a winner. I have a few dresses that garner compliments with every wear. I got some wedges a few years ago that are cute and surprisingly comfy for plastic shoes. And another one that garners loads of compliments. People look at me crazy when I say "I got it at Kohls".

I scored in a fit and flare orange ponte dress there over the weekend. Perfect for work with a flattering high enough pleated scoop neckline.

Neimans? Out of budget. I have one item on my covet list, but it appears the brand is no longer carried there and has been downgraded to Nordstroms. That worms for me, since I head to Nordies for lingerie anyway. I saw something in a magazine once from Neimans that was surprisingly in budget. I went over to check it out and it was online only. Oh well.

Zumiez? Isn't that a kids store? I don't have any so I have no opinion in that and Gymboree. Holster is a hazard, I see people tripping over the racks and furniture. They do have comfy chairs though. If you can find them in the dark.

Haven't been to fashion bug in nearly 20 years I remember it being cheap on all counts.

Burberry? I only like the non plaid stuff and that is not in budget. Lacoste? Somehow it toes the line between preppy and trashy. Not really for me. Polo shirts aren't my shape. I retired that unflattering look in my early 20s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty