Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

I have chest hair, I don't wear undershirts. I don't like to feel restricted in my clothing.
I wear button down shirts, unbuttoned a bit, I show my chest hair. I wear wife beaters out in public, I don't give a rats arse what anyone thinks.....

and besides, here in Brooklyn ALL, and I mean ALL the guys do it......

now if it is really cold out, I might wear an undershirt under my shirt.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I guess young guys don't perspire?

LOL, apparentley (sp) not !!! I guess just us men at our age sweat?????????????????

Old 10-02-2010, 09:51 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,875,771 times
Not wearing an undershirt in most instances just comes off as sleazy. Guys with little to no chest hair can pull off this look way better. It is a more of a Euro look too.

The classic American look requires an undershirt. It also allows one to remove their nicer shirt when doing chores or a task that might risk sweating or staining and just do what needs to be done in a t-shirt. When that is done one can put their nicer shirt back on.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,811 times
Who wears V neck shirts? Always have and always will hate on those.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Not wearing an undershirt in most instances just comes off as sleazy. Guys with little to no chest hair can pull off this look way better. It is a more of a Euro look too.

The classic American look requires an undershirt. It also allows one to remove their nicer shirt when doing chores or a task that might risk sweating or staining and just do what needs to be done in a t-shirt. When that is done one can put their nicer shirt back on.

No, it is not sleazy, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Who wears V neck shirts? Always have and always will hate on those.

Love V necks.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
This forum always serves as a reminder to me just how peculiar people are. It's about personal preference folks and the fact that you might find an exposed tee shirt under a polo offensive or, visable chest hair offensive, it is an opinion, not a fact. I always wear tee's under white or light colored dress shirts, I always wear one when it is cold, or if it is very hot outside. Spring and Fall, if it's a dark colored shirt, I see no need for a tee underneath. I'm not opposed to wearing a polo with or without a tee depending on the occasion and I couldn't care less if chest hair is showing or not--why this is something people are offended by is amusing. My personal preference is that wife beaters are reserved for home, the beach or the gym and don't look all that flattering on most folks over the age of 30 but, if somebody wants to wear one out on a Saturday night, more power to him (or her). If that is what they are comfortable with go for it and why give a rat's *#@ what anyone else thinks? All of these "rules' about what constitutes a "gentleman" or is "tacky" is B.S. Your rules don't apply to me and vice versa, it's all about feeling comfortable with yourself.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
This forum always serves as a reminder to me just how peculiar people are. It's about personal preference folks and the fact that you might find an exposed tee shirt under a polo offensive or, visable chest hair offensive, it is an opinion, not a fact. I always wear tee's under white or light colored dress shirts, I always wear one when it is cold, or if it is very hot outside. Spring and Fall, if it's a dark colored shirt, I see no need for a tee underneath. I'm not opposed to wearing a polo with or without a tee depending on the occasion and I couldn't care less if chest hair is showing or not--why this is something people are offended by is amusing. My personal preference is that wife beaters are reserved for home, the beach or the gym and don't look all that flattering on most folks over the age of 30 but, if somebody wants to wear one out on a Saturday night, more power to him (or her). If that is what they are comfortable with go for it and why give a rat's *#@ what anyone else thinks? All of these "rules' about what constitutes a "gentleman" or is "tacky" is B.S. Your rules don't apply to me and vice versa, it's all about feeling comfortable with yourself.
FINALLY !!!! Someone that has common sense !!!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 12:19 PM

88 posts, read 401,439 times
A wife beater wouldn't work as an undershirt anyway because there is no armpit protection from sweat.

Wear a white tshirt underneath.

Unless your top shirt is black, then you might want to wear a black t-shirt.

If it is a polo or a dress shirt that you are leaving top button or two unbuttoned, then wear a v-neck t-shirt underneath because a) you won't see it (thanks to the V-neck) and b) it has sleeves to help protect from sweat (unlike a wife beater or "A neck shirt").

Old 10-04-2010, 02:02 PM

736 posts, read 1,694,983 times
The wifebeater undershirts look too much like bras.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty