Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,732 times

Advertisements

Hi Matty

Feels good to read your story. Congrats! Can you please share info on the kind of food you had, what exercises you did and the number of reps on them? It would be immensely helpful for me.

Regards,
Krish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:49 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
I weigh 125, if that scale's right. That's less than I weighed at the end of boot camp. But more than I weighed when I went in.

I just ate a half a pie for dinner, and washed it down with a soda. Do these protein powders really work well for gaining weight? I might have to invest in some. All I know is that my pants are far too loose on me anymore, and they're size 30. It's hard to find anything below that size.

The activity isn't an issue. My work involves lifting heavy weights and a lot of walking.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:08 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,104,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I weigh 125, if that scale's right. That's less than I weighed at the end of boot camp. But more than I weighed when I went in.

I just ate a half a pie for dinner, and washed it down with a soda. Do these protein powders really work well for gaining weight? I might have to invest in some. All I know is that my pants are far too loose on me anymore, and they're size 30. It's hard to find anything below that size.

The activity isn't an issue. My work involves lifting heavy weights and a lot of walking.
There are supplements you can take specifically for weight gain, and they usually have a blend of proteins, creatine and other things. GNC has weight gainers for a reasonable price. I saw this one the last time I was there. I've never used it, but looking at the ingredients it looks like a good product.

Applied Delivery Systems MASSIVE WEIGHT GAINER- French Vanilla Pudding - APPLIED DELIVERY SYSTEMS 1008932 - GNC

I use EAS 100% whey protein. It's great for building muscle mass, but if you want to do a controlled gain and then shred back down, there are much better choices. The EAS protein is only 100 some calories which allows me to use it while losing weight.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,461,688 times
A great supplement for muscle gain is

PVL Mutant Mass

NZ MUSCLE: PVL Mutant Mass (http://www.nzmuscle.co.nz/product_info.php/products_id/182?osCsid=7752e08036e2468c6f409fb90c40b02d - broken link)

I'm sure you can get it in the USA, but it is an amazing product, my personal trainer reccommended it to me, gained 10lbs from it so far and its legit, definantly recomend it for people trying to bulk up.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:25 PM

540 posts, read 1,912,528 times
On the subject of weight gain, is one more likely to gain weight during the summer due to heat, humidity compared to one's weight during winter time, but keep in mind this is for a person who is active all year round and normally doesn't gain weight seasonally, if that makes sense. I feel I'm retaining more water in my system lately and my body is holding on to it no matter how more or less I exercise. Can heat/humidity be the source of the problem? My eating habits have not increased or decreased either. Need help.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
On the subject of weight gain, is one more likely to gain weight during the summer due to heat, humidity compared to one's weight during winter time, but keep in mind this is for a person who is active all year round and normally doesn't gain weight seasonally, if that makes sense. I feel I'm retaining more water in my system lately and my body is holding on to it no matter how more or less I exercise. Can heat/humidity be the source of the problem? My eating habits have not increased or decreased either. Need help.
Hmmm yeah if anyone could answer this that'd be quite interesting, I always think that I lose weight during the summer but thats just my thinking,

would be great if someone could help?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 PM

559 posts, read 1,759,365 times
im 6 ft 3, and in high school i was 175 lbs. (think stick figure). i ate non stop, worked out, took weight gaining supps. all around tried my hardest to gain weight. fatties arent the only ones made fun of.
now, at 220 lbs im feeln pretty good. still go to the gym and eat decent. no more weight gainer, and run regularly.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:19 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,995,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
On the subject of weight gain, is one more likely to gain weight during the summer due to heat, humidity compared to one's weight during winter time, but keep in mind this is for a person who is active all year round and normally doesn't gain weight seasonally, if that makes sense.
For me personally, I feel that I lose weight (fat) much more easily in the summer than during the winter/fall season. I think I just workout harder and just love the feeling of working out in 90+ degree weather. My body fat seems to always drop a bit lower during summer and I think its because I like to workout in the heat and sweat an awful lot more.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:38 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,103,888 times
About two years ago I was at 170 lbs. Now I am up to 240 lbs. I eat right, went through various methods of training, and use a variety of equipment. I went from free wights, to isometrics, to free weights, to resistance bands, and now I am switch to free weights with bands.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
im 6 ft 3, and in high school i was 175 lbs. (think stick figure). i ate non stop, worked out, took weight gaining supps. all around tried my hardest to gain weight. fatties arent the only ones made fun of.
now, at 220 lbs im feeln pretty good. still go to the gym and eat decent. no more weight gainer, and run regularly.
Wow awesome gains, always good to read a sucess story, its funny how much different you look to people who havn't seen you for a while,

its like 'wow dude, you've looking big these days', in a good way of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness