Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times

Advertisements

All I can find online are testimonials, I'd like reviews if anyone has one or has used one. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 09:30 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Wow!! That thing has a serious incline. Id like to try it out.

Here are three reviews I found online:

NordicTrack X3 Incline Trainer Review

The NordicTrack Incline Trainer X3 Interactive – Our Review

Nordic Track Incline Trainer X3 Treadmill Review | Top Treadmill Reviews

Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Cool, thank you. Yeah I love the incline. I love climbing hills but neighborhoods have become scarier than the wilderness so I'd love to have this contraption.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:28 PM

20 posts, read 66,144 times
Hey Newsense,

I have one, bought specifically because I could trudge up a simulated hill. Enjoying it, but haven't been able to give it a full work out because of an issue I am working out with the manufacturer regarding either the CPU or the motor - the belt goes up, but doesn't like to come down. Don't buy into the burns 5x the calories, but the hill does allow you to up the intensity without running/walking faster. DM me if you want more info.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 14,665 times
Default Incline Trainer X3 - Warranty Sucks

I bought the Nordic Track X3 Incline Trainer because it is supposed to be a calorie shredder. I wouldn't really know, however, because I've barely had a chance to use it. It was $1599, with shipping and tax it cost about $1700.

By the time we got it all assembled when it arrived, it was late at night and I tried it out for a few minutes. I did use it the next day and it was definitely a killer work out. I do think the incline trainer was a great idea, but I'm not sure they built a quality product.

I love the workout. However, I used the incline trainer a total of 4 times before the incline decided to stop working. I followed the instructions under "trouble shooting" in the user manual and tried to calibrate the incline at least 50 times, and it did not work. It currently lifts up about 4 inches and goes back down, and refuses to incline past that point.

Next, I called customer service. I was told to check all the wires and make sure nothing came loose - I checked, they were fine. Then they said to turn the entire thing on it's side and take the cover off and check to make sure it wasn't dusty and that everything was working properly. We did, and it was a huge pain in the a$$. Everything is fine. Finally, they tell me that because I didn't purchase the $200 extended warranty, I have to pay $45 for a technician to come out and fix it. They will waive the $5 shipping charge for the part I "need" - a new incline motor apparently, which is covered under the LIMITED Warranty - if this had happened after I'd owned it for 30 days the part would have been well over $100. I finally got the part yesterday, and now the tech tells me he can't come out to fix it until next week.I am very angry that I paid $1700 for something that does not work. Yes, I can use it as a regular treadmill in the meantime, but I bought it for it's INCLINE. I understand that sometimes problems occur; however, the warranty is not satisfactory at all. I hadn't even had the machine 2 weeks when it stopped inclining. I've now owned it for a month and it still isn't fixed. I had to shell out another $45. I know it's not a lot of money but it's the principle of the thing. If it were a $400 piece of equipment, I wouldn't be nearly as upset. When I pay $1700 for something, I expect it to be a quality product. I expect it to work as advertised and to function with no problems at all for at LEAST 30 days. If this had happened 6 months down the road, no problem. But they sent me a machine that obviously has a defect.

When I called customer service, all I wanted to hear was, "Yes, ma'am, our apologies. We will send a technician out right away at no charge." or "We'll send you a new machine immediately, please return yours and we'll waive shipping costs." Or anything that indicated that they care about their reputation and offer a quality product. Instead, all I heard about was the Limited Warranty and how I can purchase the extended for $200 .

Nordic Track, you ought to offer a comprehensive warranty for any product over $1000 for at least 30 days. I was so excited for it to arrive and told practically anyone who would listen that I bought the Incline Trainer, and I was so excited to get into the best shape of my life with it. After this experience, I am telling everyone not to bother - it won't work when it arrives and they won't fully guarantee their product. Don't buy it - from what I've read online, a lot of people have had problems with their machines. I honestly think that the product isn't made to the highest quality standards on purpose - that way you have to buy the extended warranty.

I don't even want the thing anymore. If I wouldn't have to pay $150 return shipping and still had the box, I'd send it back. It's been nothing but a headache for me for the last month.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
The recommended user weight is usually a good indicator on the quality of the build. 175 lbs is NOTHING. A good, quality, well built machine should have user limit of 300 lbs or MORE.

"Note: because of the small motor and high incline, the NordicTrack X3 Incline Trainer should be used by lightweight users (under 175 lbs) only."

Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
All I can find online are testimonials, I'd like reviews if anyone has one or has used one. Thank you.
Yo Bird, if you're gonna buy it, don't

Henne's testimonial here is scary.

Besides, the act of keeping something in the house is a psychological slacker, because it's always in the house and it never feels like doing it.

Heading for the gym is like going for a class and forces some responsibility

This machine's great in the gym. But it's also a knee destroyer, I've been an ex-victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
should be used by lightweight users (under 175 lbs) only."
Exactly, this is not the place to start at all.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:06 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
When it comes to calorie buring: HEARTRATE!

Doesn't matter if you are walking up a 25 percent incline, or dragging a wagon full of sandbags. If your heart rate is at the same level for the same amount of time, you are going to burn the same amount of calories.

As for the incline trainer by Nordic Track, a gym I went to for a while bought 6 of them and had about 10 regular treadmills. The regular treadmills were almost always working, the Nordic Tracks were usually broken with rarely more than 2 working at a time. I used to sell equipment and our service tech hated the Incline Trainers and said they broke far more than any other item he had worked on with the exception of the Bowflex Treadclimber.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Yo Bird, if you're gonna buy it, don't

Henne's testimonial here is scary.

Besides, the act of keeping something in the house is a psychological slacker, because it's always in the house and it never feels like doing it.

Heading for the gym is like going for a class and forces some responsibility

This machine's great in the gym. But it's also a knee destroyer, I've been an ex-victim

Exactly, this is not the place to start at all.
No kidding, that was a discouraging review. Thanks, Henne. I appreciate the info. Thanks everyone.

I can't stand gyms. I have a tendency to want to pull my lysol spray can out all the time and that wouldn't be acceptable so I like to work out at home and do just fine there. Besides, I can't stand seeing people flex, pose and flaunt for each other when I'm there for a workout. It's annoying.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
When it comes to calorie buring: HEARTRATE!

Doesn't matter if you are walking up a 25 percent incline, or dragging a wagon full of sandbags. If your heart rate is at the same level for the same amount of time, you are going to burn the same amount of calories.
I was interested because I love walking up steep hills. I like the butt burn and lift I get from it. But it's not always feasible to go real hill climbing so I thought this would be good. Looks like I better wait til they work out the bugs a while longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness