Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 PM

4 posts, read 13,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You should have passed on it when we posted that it only had a 175 pound user weight limit. That is a very good indication that its a piece of junk. If you or anyone else who used it is over 175 pounds it may void the warranty though.

You should try to have it returned for a full refund. Stick with Precor and Life Fitness for home cardio equipment and Concept for home rowers (better cardio IMO).

The latest issue of Consumer Reports rated treadmills and ellipticals. Their findings are:

Top rated Treadmills
1. Precor - 9.31
2. Landice - L7 Cardio Trainer

Top rated Ellipticals
1. Diamondback - 126Ef
2. Sole - E35

LifeFitness and Precor both scored the highest of all in terms of overall build quality. Only reason they werent rated #1 and #2 on ellipticals (according to CR) is because they both have a very poor heart rate monitor. No one uses those things anyway because they are all incredibly inaccurate.
Actually, it has a 300 pound weight limit ~smiles~ for the X3, and I bought the extended warranty because I know deep down everything is a piece of crud made in china! ~smiles~, so parts and labor were free and I just jogged outside like I always do ~smiles~

I was just upset because I thought that someone in Hollywood (Like Jillian) might have some integrity that she shows on the "Biggest Loser" ~snickers~, but man they are really whoring out this year Yoplait, Ziplock, etc. ~chuckles~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM

4 posts, read 13,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
You mean like the inherent wobbliness? And should you fall at that 40% incline it is going to hurt ~chuckles~

She is been up and running great with no problems since the controller board went out ~smiles~

I always buy the extended warranty just because I know it is prudent, if you need someone to even come to your house once and you don't have it...you're looking at $100...the abuse I put it though I am going to get my 300 bucks out of it ~grins~

The incline trainer is the only treadmill I have seen that is excellent for backpacking rediness ~smiles~, sure you can get tension on ellipticals but it doesn't simulate the actual muslces being used as it does when you are crossing a pass at a 35-40% incline and needing to travel 10-20 miles a day on the Pacific Coast Trail! Or Sullivan Loop ~smiles~

Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,701 times
Default Waste of my hard earned money

My two cents -
I'm normally not the type to write reviews, but I feel I must educate others on what they are really buying. First, a background on me, I am a wildland firefighter & take my workouts very serious. Due to the winter/snow conditions where I live it is not possible for me to keep in shape by hiking. When I saw the NordicTrack Incline Trainer I was so excited, now I could simulate hiking all winter until I was able to get my feet out on the ground!! One word: DISAPPOINTMENT!! If you are serious about hiking & hiking intensely this is not for you. If you really want to simulate hiking in the woods & up mountains, this is NOT for you! If you want to go for some casual stroll & burn some calories, go for it. My expectations were not met at all. I wanted to set the incline as steep as possible, much like I encounter in my day to day job & HIKE my butt off. I threw on my pack, started it up & got a little warmed up with a low speed & slight incline .. fine, but as I started getting above 20-24% incline my body weight and my feet pushing off actually made the treadmill speed up. My own momentum made it speed up to the point I had to step off & let the treadmill go back down to the pace I programmed. I got back on & once again my body weight made it speed up faster and faster and faster. What's the point in having the incline go high if you can't even hike it?? Now for me the whole point of hiking, is to hike fast & steep WITHOUT hanging onto anything. Yes, this incline trainer has some handle type things to hang on to, but for me ... why? Who hikes hanging onto poles? I want to hike with my arms swinging, we can't hike in the woods with canes or poles, so I don't want them when I am training to get in shape, it's cheating and doesn't give me the workout I need to get in shape! So you're thinking, "just don't hang on to them" Well, I wish that was the case, if you seriously want to go above 24% you have to hang onto something to keep the pace you set or like I said earlier, you will "freewheel" the treadmill until you are running! So basically, the only way I can hike above 24% is to hang onto the poles, in my case I grab the cup holders & that resistance of me hanging on will keep the speed at what I programmed it for. But seriously, who wants that? I just wanted to set it at a high incline & hike! I don't want to hang onto poles and I don't want a treadmill that spins out of control. This is a major disappointment for me & my intentions. I can't believe I spent this much money to stay in shape for my job, I wouldn't mind if it worked, but I could've taken that $1200 and taken off for a winter vacation somewhere nice where I could've hiked mountains without snow! So please, please don't waste your money on this if you are an outdoor enthusiast who wants to go for a real hike. Like I said earlier, if you want to go for a little power walk with your headphones on & hang onto some poles on the side, then you just might like this. I gave it two stars only because it seems durable & well made and every now and then I can use it as a treadmill, even then the actual 'tread' part is short and I'm 5'5", so if it's short for me to run on, then anyone taller ... good luck. Finally, I have urgently wanted to get in really good hiking shape, so I have tried everything on this incline trainer on a daily basis for over a month now. This is not some casual review based off of a few workouts, for me it's been try and try again. The bottom line is it's basically garbage for what I want to do. Thankfully, we've had an unusually mild winter and I've been able to get out and actually hike!

Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,581 times
Thumbs down piece of junk

we bought this incline tranier after reading Nordictracks hype on the machine. Seemed like a quality unit after reading Jillian's endorsement and Nordictrack stating it was good up to 300 pounds, ( i weigh 220 ). After 3 months the belt was squeeking loudly so when we called about it we were told that it could be a number of things so it would be best to send the repair guy to look at it. He told us that commercial units for gyms are made in the U.S. but home units are made in China and basically are junk. We thought well maybe thats just your opinion, until the motor burned out last week! Now apon further research we see that its a problem unless you're a wee little 175 pounder. Is this a treadmill for women and scrawny dudes only? Not according to Nordictrack. I don't mind paying more for a quality unit, but for 1800 bucks I payed it is definately not quality, i can see if I payed 300 for it, you get what you pay for. I give this unit 3 thumbs down and as a matter of fact would be very reluctant to purchase another product from Nordictrack

Old 06-26-2010, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
is it a common problem with nordictrack with the incline position? I am having the same problem and my knee hurts having to walk on the lowest position. I cannot affort to throw away a $15,00.00 mechine. I need help...
Sue
sue.ramachandran@gmail.com

Old 10-29-2011, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,984 times
I also have this machine. Do not buy it. I had it for six months rarely used it and I have been given the run around since it stopped working. WHat a joke I paid 2000 for crap. DO not buy it.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,222 times
I have that SAME brand/company of treadmills. Their quality is very cheap and not good. Mines is broken. i am nearly but still under 300lbs and it just gave up on me. The weight limit is 300lbs I want my money back.

i find it funny how when bigger people are trying their best to lose weight these treadmill/exercise equipment companies give these things stupid weight limits.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:05 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
i find it funny how when bigger people are trying their best to lose weight these treadmill/exercise equipment companies give these things stupid weight limits.
The cheaper made ones have weight limits, the more expensive, better quality made products have much higher limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness