Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM

938 posts, read 3,507,812 times

Advertisements

I also got down to around your build...6' and 146 pounds at one point. It sucked, I was cold all the time and a glass of ice water would make me frozen! I ended up getting fatter by basically pigging out a lot. Large meals at restaurants, ect. Now I'm up to close to 170 but I have a lot more muscle. Protein is expensive. I don't think ice cream will kill you and will be cheaper than protein, but I'd recommend getting your chlosterol and blood pressure checked.

Another thing to do is to calculate you daily calorie needs (I'm sure you can find this online), and add up what you are eating every day. In theory, if you eat more calories than you a burning, you'll gain weight. A pound of fat is 3,500 calories, so if you eat 500 extra calories a day in theory you'll gain a pound a week. Some people are genetically disposed to be thin (I am to be fat and have to eat smart and work out a lot to stay thin), so if you have a lot of skinny people in your extended family, you will have a very hard time gaining weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM

354 posts, read 2,076,704 times
The work I do require me lifting, swating and on my feet approx. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm picking up 6 to 8 tons a day on my truck. So you can see I'm burning a lot of calories. I don't know how many calories I burn in a day, but when I pig out at home an hour later I'm hungry again. I don't want to eat myself out of a house and home.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:36 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,971,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo2lowkey View Post
The work I do require me lifting, swating and on my feet approx. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm picking up 6 to 8 tons a day on my truck. So you can see I'm burning a lot of calories. I don't know how many calories I burn in a day, but when I pig out at home an hour later I'm hungry again. I don't want to eat myself out of a house and home.
Fatty and high carb foods are your friends, then. Keep the skin on the chicken, peanut butter and nuts in general should be on your menu, fatty fish, fatty meats. Do you drink coffee? Do you take any energy drinks?

Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Fatty and high carb foods are your friends, then. Keep the skin on the chicken, peanut butter and nuts in general should be on your menu, fatty fish, fatty meats. Do you drink coffee? Do you take any energy drinks?
I don't drink coffee or energy drinks. I do eat bananas and oatmeal regularly. When you mean energy drink, are you pertaining to Redbull or some similar crap? If so, the answer is no.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,971,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo2lowkey View Post
I don't drink coffee or energy drinks. I do eat bananas and oatmeal regularly. When you mean energy drink, are you pertaining to Redbull or some similar crap? If so, the answer is no.
That's exactly what I was asking about, and I'm glad the answer is no. Had you been drinking those I'd have advised you to stop, as stimulants will work against what you are trying to accomplish.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,496,859 times
dont know if anyone said Pasta. i need to lose a LOT of weight, but we eat a lot of pasta and carbs in my house. it would be really hard to give up since its a staple for us.
where can i get this Refuse job you speak of ????

Old 07-06-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
dont know if anyone said Pasta. i need to lose a LOT of weight, but we eat a lot of pasta and carbs in my house. it would be really hard to give up since its a staple for us.
where can i get this Refuse job you speak of ????
I'll trade you my lifting and squatting for your pasta meals. Theirs a catch, I gets to keep my checks. My wife hate pasta, my daughter and I love it. I might just have to start cooking my seperate meals for the family. If your serious about Refuse work you must have a CDL Class A or B. Go down and apply at your local shop whatever company that service your area (Allied/BFI/ARC/Republic service, WM or Onyx/Veolia).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness