Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM

541 posts, read 1,903,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky★ View Post
Do you know what your body fat percentage is? I’ve always been told to focus more on BMI rather than weight.
BMI is terrible too. He could weigh 200 with a 5% bodyfat and BMI would tell him he was fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 12:56 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,907,520 times
So I weighed in at 184.4 for the 6 week mark. So that means I lost 6.3 pounds in 6 weeks. My goal was 10 pounds. I think I'm still very satisfied considering that during this time I also started lifting weights. I think at the very least, it's safe to assume I lost no muscle mass during this period which means I probably lost at least 6 pounds of fat (and maybe more).

Even if I didn't reach my goals, I'm 6 pounds better off than I was .

Old 04-16-2011, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 7,131 times
Do a 100 situps and dont drink anything I honestly dont know
I am freaking out about my body right now I recently gained 200 lb in less than a month found out it was type 2 diabetes and now i am a walking water bed truely discusting Idon't like this at all

Old 04-18-2011, 08:27 AM

160 posts, read 454,822 times
#1 Great job! You sound like you are in great shape!

My body drops weight when I cut the white flour and sugar - including alcohol.
Instead of potatoes or bread I up the veggies and the pounds drop.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,753,768 times
Wear 3 to 4 layers of clothing while you do insanity and/or P90X and while you do lots and lots of cardio. My friend did that for two weeks before he left for the army boot camp and lost 18 pounds.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 PM

806 posts, read 2,343,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Wear 3 to 4 layers of clothing while you do insanity and/or P90X and while you do lots and lots of cardio. My friend did that for two weeks before he left for the army boot camp and lost 18 pounds.
That sounds worse than death...

I'm also trying to lose my last 10 lbs, again, cuz I gained them back!!!

I have a plastic suit I use when I jog or bike ride. It works, but feels so gross after a while. If I wore it during p90x, it would feel nasty!!

I am trying more water, a good breakfast and more protein, minimal carbs..

Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,929,130 times
Re, the last two posts . . . no. Don't do an intense workout while wearing several layers of clothing, and don't work out in a plastic suit. Dress too warmly, or dress in something that doesn't allow the body to breathe, and you run the risk of overheating, which can be a serious threat to health.

This does not really do anything to help you lose weight either, at least not the kind of weight that matters, which is fat. Sweating off the weight by working out while wearing clothing that is too warm simply causes you to lose weight in the form of fluids. This is not good for you, and it's kind of pointless as well, since, as I once read it glibly stated, you then will gain the weight right back when you quench your thirst.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,907,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Re, the last two posts . . . no. Don't do an intense workout while wearing several layers of clothing, and don't work out in a plastic suit. Dress too warmly, or dress in something that doesn't allow the body to breathe, and you run the risk of overheating, which can be a serious threat to health.

This does not really do anything to help you lose weight either, at least not the kind of weight that matters, which is fat. Sweating off the weight by working out while wearing clothing that is too warm simply causes you to lose weight in the form of fluids. This is not good for you, and it's kind of pointless as well, since, as I once read it glibly stated, you then will gain the weight right back when you quench your thirst.
Meh I'll never do anything like that. I'm all natural: patience, diet, cardio, and lifting. There were no secrets.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,929,130 times
Good. You're going about it the right way.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 AM

40 posts, read 67,132 times
Congrats!I think have a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness