Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2016, 02:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Yes. number-wise Russia!

In terms of proportion:

Finland
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Iceland and Faroe Islands
Estonia
Northern European zone ( stretching from the British Isles in the westernmost to northwest European parts of Russia in the easternmost).

With this I can agree. (And thus the maps I posted weren´t wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Agree Sweden, Estonia, Finland....yes

wrong, mr. Expert. Norway and Iceland are before us, Denmark is on the same level.

Old 11-05-2016, 02:13 PM

121 posts, read 276,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
With this I can agree. (And thus the maps I posted weren´t wrong)

wrong, mr. Expert. Norway and Iceland are before us, Denmark is on the same level.
From what I have seen, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Northern GErmany, Iceland, Estonia and Latvia are by far the blondest. Some parts of Russia would come close (NW russia). I guess not major differences between those areas.

When would come Central-SOuth Germany,Poland, Czech, Lithuania, Belarus, RUssia, Austria, Flanders, german-switzerland all other areas would be considerably less blond. Then North-east france, slovenia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Hungary. England or Ireland are blonder than southern Europe but not fair at all compared to previously mentioned areas.

Last edited by CliffofDover; 11-05-2016 at 02:29 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 02:20 PM

European light hair map with percentage of it by country:

Light eyes map as well (with percentage of it by country):

Scandinavia, Finland before Es...a.

Last edited by Anhityk; 11-05-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-05-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Makes no sense, there is huge difference between England and Denmark...more than just 12 points...

Western norway is darker than Netherlands and Northern germany for sure.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:

blah, does correspond with real life.
Typing error!
Does not correspond with real life. Those old studies does not correspond with real life imo - of course I wanted to say so.

not monologue but correcting my typing error.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:02 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,328,015 times
Monologue?

Old 11-05-2016, 04:45 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
From what I have seen, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, The Netherlands, Northern GErmany, Iceland, Estonia and Latvia are by far the blondest. Some parts of Russia would come close (NW russia). I guess not major differences between those areas.

When would come Central-SOuth Germany,Poland, Czech, Lithuania, Belarus, RUssia, Austria, Flanders, german-switzerland all other areas would be considerably less blond. Then North-east france, slovenia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Hungary. England or Ireland are blonder than southern Europe but not fair at all compared to previously mentioned areas.
Lol! Ireland and England are much more similar to Northern Germany than they would ever be to Central/Southern Germany,Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, etc.... Central Europeans are not lighter than the British/ Irish! Are you O. K.? Northern France is much more similar to Central and Southern Germany. Central Europeans have lower ratios of blue eyes than the Irish, British, Icelanders, Dutch. However Flanders and Northern France are much more similar

Old 11-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Even with your fake maps, Estonia is still among the blondest, lightest-eyed! So your point is?

Old 11-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffofDover View Post
Makes no sense, there is huge difference between England and Denmark...more than just 12 points...

Western norway is darker than Netherlands and Northern germany for sure.
What? Since when? People as dark as P. Volker or Waigel or Famke Janssen are much more common in Northern Germany and the Netherlands than they would in Western Norway. Norwegians are the blondest-haired of Scandinavians! Are you all there? Northern Germany is much more similar to England than it would to Norway in hair colouring.

Old 11-06-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What? Since when? People as dark as P. Volker or Waigel or Famke Janssen are much more common in Northern Germany and the Netherlands than they would in Western Norway. Norwegians are the blondest-haired of Scandinavians! Are you all there? Northern Germany is much more similar to England than it would to Norway in hair colouring.

famke janssen is not common at all in NL or Northern germany, she even told many times, even on interviews.. she was unusual in her family for being the only dark haired girl in a family of only blondes. Western norwegians are much more often auburn or medium brown haired than Dutch or Northern germans. Of course all those areas have plenty of blondes, ENglish people are far darker than any of them. But you never been to Europe so you have no idea about that. The "would" implies assumpion with confirms my initial idea about your ignorance of Europe. English people are much more brunette than GErmanic or Slavic populations, let alone populations like Dutch or Northern germans who are very blond.

Typical english students, overwhelmingly dark haired..

saxons from yorkshire..lol

Last edited by CliffofDover; 11-06-2016 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe