Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Just heard a rumor that Russia has been doing ship to ship transfers of Yamal LNG off the coast of Norway. Apparently to get around sanctions or something. 3 in the last 3 days. Apparently the English don't like it. Whole thing is unclear.
https://worldmaritimenews.com/archives/265445/yamal-lng-completes-1st-sts-lng-transshipment-in-norway/

Here is some more on it...

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/in...n-arctic-coast

Quote:
Erasure. My ex wifes/sister in law father claimed a Greek heritage. The mothers family comes from further north, in between Smolensk and Tver. She claims Mordvinian heritage.
Ahh... Greek))) This explains))) My first guess in that video was Northern Caucasus, but there are other options out there of course. But whatever it is - your regular ethnic Russians usually don't have this intense dark brown eye coloring ( in addition to dark hair.) It's just my observation.
It's not like they can't have dark hair, ( like this guy in the video,) but eye color is never intensely dark brown - something hazel may be, but for the most part - greyish/bluish.

Mordva - that's that famous "Uralic" group of people, the distant relatives of Finns and Estonians kinda. Mordva ( like Chuvash and Mari ppl) look very mixed; part look European, part look Asian, so god knows who they are, if you ask me.
I thought they were Russians, but Russians in my family said - "nope, not Russians, different ethnic group."
But whatever it is, I don't think they have this intense dark hair-dark eye coloring - this usually comes from the Southerners - Caucasians or Greeks. I have them in my family, but that's not something I've got; there were too many "Northern genes" for that - blue eyes and what's not. Just a guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 11:33 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Not sure who this person is, but apparently he is a Brit who lived in Moscow for some time.
So these are his observations of life in Moscow..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2-28-OyiJM

....and his first impression of Kiev ( like yesterday.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKENXqBr9EY

So it's not my imagination that Kiev looks empty by now, it IS empty for real.
And it's not because of the *weather* - winter and all. I've noticed it already earlier, in some summer time videos.
Not only Kiev looks similar to Moscow ( which has been dutifully noticed,) but it looks more and more like a run-down city, sort of like Moscow looked back in the nineties.

But that's what we've been saying all along - the West is trying to pull the same crap of "economic reforms" over there, as it tried to pull in Moscow.
But in Moscow the West received Putin as an unpleasant surprise as the result of it all.
One can only wonder what will happen in Kiev as a result of this experiment.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:44 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
But that's what we've been saying all along - the West is trying to pull the same crap of "economic reforms" over there, as it tried to pull in Moscow.
But in Moscow the West received Putin as an unpleasant surprise as the result of it all.
One can only wonder what will happen in Kiev as a result of this experiment.
I am afraid that a total military dictatorship.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:51 PM

Life is getting worse in Ukraine. Now hatred of Ukrainian people is aimed at Moscow. But it cannot be forever. New Ukrainian politicians will be forced to suppress this hatred. Multinational composition of the country and an active work of many special services of other countries can become a powder keg. Donetsk can be only a beginning.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:07 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I am afraid that a total military dictatorship.
Total military dictatorship does exist in DPR/LPR
Russia needs for new flesh for agressive war. It is only one russian national idea.
Child Zombied Warriors of Donetsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJPL6PYDTM

Old 01-18-2019, 12:08 AM

btw, is this media (American Thinker) have good reputation in US?

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...s_the_eye.html

Old 01-18-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Total military dictatorship does exist in DPR/LPR
The regions is trying to survive and defend independence.

Quote:
Russia needs for new flesh for agressive war. It is only one russian national idea.
This is not true.

Quote:
Child Zombied Warriors of Donetsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJPL6PYDTM
5 years is the war. Childhood of these children is war. This is the result of your Maidan.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:28 AM

Quote:
The regions is trying to survive and defend independence.
Russia is trying to save marionette regime. Residents of that occupied territories got own mistake of 2014 year. No work, no food, no medical care and no perspectives.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
This is not true.
OK. Tell me frankly about your national idea. New USSR on the blood and tears of neighborhood?
What Putin did say?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Russia is trying to save marionette regime.
But this regime has support of part of local population. And a very large part.

Quote:
Residents of that occupied territories got own mistake of 2014 year. No work, no food, no medical care and no perspectives.
I dont know. We have to ask them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe