Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 06:28 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
We don't want anyone to be excluded and want Russia's World Cup in 2018 to be a success.

However the Russians need to learn from the recent events in France and make sure events are properly policied, fans segregated properly in stadiums and if necessary alcohol banned.

I know Russia has invested heavily in new stadiums, transport infastructure and other infastructure and I know the Russian people will want to show everyone the best of their country, so don't let mindless idiots like Ultra football fans spoil what should be a great World Cup.

Good post, now if the Russian authorities can first admit they have a problem then it would be a start! Then they need to tackle the problem instead of coming out with ridiculously childish statements the way their minister for sport did, they need to jail the thugs and then ban them from ANY football match for life - that's what they did in the UK and the result is 20+ years of (virtually) trouble free football where families and people of any age, gender, religion or colour attend and have a good time in fence free stadiums. Mark my words ANY English idiot caught causing trouble in France will be banned for LIFE when he returns and not applauded! If they don't clean up their act they should take the world cup in 2018 away from them and give it to somebody else where people are civil, by the way England will NEVER host a World Cup because it isn't corrupt enough to pay backhanders to FIFA the way Qatar and Russia did. Thank god FIFA is FINALLY being investigated, it has been probably THE most corrupt sports governing body in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
the result is 20+ years of (virtually) trouble free football where families and people of any age, gender, religion or colour attend and have a good time in fence free stadiums.

https://youtu.be/bTXLBOV_IZM

https://youtu.be/c-21fTin0a4

etc

Old 06-16-2016, 11:44 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Do you think that among the several thousand British fans were not fighters? They were there.
There are "fighters" and there are "fighters" Maxim. The kind of "fighters" that would be a match to these people in black shirts with "Victory or Death" written on them ARE NOT ALLOWED to leave England. Are you paying attention Maxim? Those in the same league with these "качки" и "любера" ( that's the closest I can identify these people with,) - they currently have to check with their police departments ( meaning they didn't leave the country.) The kind of "fighters" YOU are talking about, from what I see are mostly British youth; there are very few older men ready to fight from what I can see on Youtube. Are these youngster annoying? Yes, but it's nothing like this paramilitary group of Russians - about 150 of them, that arrived not to "watch soccer" but specifically to fight.

Quote:
There were provocateurs, were fighters, were usual drunken fans. Youtube has dozens video of riot that suit English hooligans in recent years. And this is not the 1980s.
Yes, they are pain in the butt, but they are not killers. The ones that arrived to Marseille from Russia ( about 150 of them) ARE potential killers. And they need to be kept inside the country and barred from participating in international events, as their English counterparts. That's what needs to be sorted out right away and nipped at the bud.

Quote:
And I think that many Russian fans are also barred from traveling to Europe, if they were involved in the riots.
"Riots" may be is not such a big issue as an ability to maim and kill.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Rosatoms "Arktika" hull launched. One of the largest and most powerful icebreakers ever built. Ship is modular and superstructure is to be added later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M3AC05md8c

Old 06-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 23 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
There are "fighters" and there are "fighters" Maxim. The kind of "fighters" that would be a match to these people in black shirts with "Victory or Death" written on them ARE NOT ALLOWED to leave England. Are you paying attention Maxim? Those in the same league with these "качки" и "любера" ( that's the closest I can identify these people with,) - they currently have to check with their police departments ( meaning they didn't leave the country.) The kind of "fighters" YOU are talking about, from what I see are mostly British youth; there are very few older men ready to fight from what I can see on Youtube. Are these youngster annoying? Yes, but it's nothing like this paramilitary group of Russians - about 150 of them, that arrived not to "watch soccer" but specifically to fight.

Yes, they are pain in the butt, but they are not killers. The ones that arrived to Marseille from Russia ( about 150 of them) ARE potential killers. And they need to be kept inside the country and barred from participating in international events, as their English counterparts. That's what needs to be sorted out right away and nipped at the bud.

"Riots" may be is not such a big issue as an ability to maim and kill.

Agreed

Old 06-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 23 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Rosatoms "Arktika" hull launched. One of the largest and most powerful icebreakers ever built. Ship is modular and superstructure is to be added later.
Very good piece of enginerring and design, and the Russians can be justifiable proud of this.

I think it's time to move on from the idiotic behaviour of a few moronic football fans.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:45 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Very good piece of enginerring and design, and the Russians can be justifiable proud of this.

I think it's time to move on from the idiotic behaviour of a few moronic football fans.
Agreed, though I would just like to say what a fabulous atmosphere there was at the England v Wales game today, it was very loud, it was very passionate and it was friendly (just like football crowds in the UK are). Lets hope that the rest of the tournament has plenty more occasions like it. Troublemakers from anywhere should just f*ck off.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I do not protect them. They must be punished, their leaders should be put in prison. But I insist that English fans should also be punished if they commit illegal activities or stupid provocation (eg, trampling the Russian flag). Impunity breeds violence.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Troublemakers from anywhere should just f*ck off.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I do not protect them. They must be punished, their leaders should be put in prison. But I insist that English fans should also be punished if they commit illegal activities or stupid provocation (eg, trampling the Russian flag). Impunity breeds violence.
Here we come to an interesting point, how "trampling the Russian flag" - actually forget about Russian - any nation's flag - should be regarded in this situation by fans from different countries, and what reaction to expect from whom.
Any thoughts on this one? Because "impunity" comes as a very questionable word here. ("Impunity" by whom? )

P.S. The reason I stressed so much the ban put on English most violent fans, is because Russians seems to be totally unaware of it - the media is not informing them of such things.
In fact I didn't know it myself, until Dunno brought it here ( but then, again, I am not following any team sports at all.) So I made a point to share this discovery on F.B.

Maxim, were you for example aware of it? (I don't know, may be someone WAS aware of it in Russia after all, coz I definitely was not.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe