Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2017, 01:30 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I heard opinion that Clinton clan can specifically pay for the riots and demolition of monuments in order not to give Trump the opportunity to carry out reforms.
There are all kinds of rumors floating around. One claims that Soros is paying for everything. Don't believe everything you read/hear. What "reforms" would Trump carry out, anyway? And how would pulling down some statues have any bearing at all on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 01:47 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,240,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What "reforms" would Trump carry out, anyway?
Return of real production to the States. As I understand it, the Rusty belt wants it, and they chose Trump. Also reducing external debt, blowing up the finance bubble, etc. But, of course, I'm not a great expert in the affairs of the States.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:32 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
I did not see the flag of the Soviets a long time ago. But today I was very surprised when I was walking in Pushkino.

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...7fab3c7c28.jpg
Probably flags raised in honor of the city's day. Flagstaffs rusted, squinted, but are standing.
And Lenin is so young. )))
From what I see, there are still quite a few of them in Russia, ( not to mention the Mausoleum itself.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vladimir_Lenin

If what came after the Soviet system ( i.e. "freedom-loving democratic Oligarchy") would be so wonderful, I imagine the whole "Lenin" extravaganza would go down eventually, with no coming back.
But it's obviously not a case ( hence even attempts to bring Stalin monuments back.)
To be honest, I think the issue of the nineties ( i.e. all riches of the country going into the hands of oligarchs) is not settled in Russia. It keeps on coming back there, over and over again; it often pops up in conversations of people on-line, not to mention someone like Olshansky who talks about it in his short stories from time to time.
So... Russia is still politically-unsettled country I believe.
But I perfectly understand why the majority of people don't want to "rock the boat" at this point in time and vote "Putin."

Last edited by erasure; 08-28-2017 at 11:32 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are all kinds of rumors floating around. One claims that Soros is paying for everything. Don't believe everything you read/hear. What "reforms" would Trump carry out, anyway? And how would pulling down some statues have any bearing at all on that?
I find it very ironic that Russians were very much familiar with this name (Soros) and hated it with passion, long before Americans started hearing it.
I remember only few years ago I had to explain to Americans ( some friends of mine) who Soros was, since they've never heard of him in the US.

Last edited by erasure; 08-28-2017 at 11:33 PM..

Old 08-28-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Yes of course, its not just a matter of geography, but also culture. By "universal truth" I meant one single iteration of religion that is true in itself. Unless proven by science, no religion can claim that title. Many even contradict others by nature, the monotheistic ones are completely different from the polytheistic ones. Even among are three Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, there are some fundamental differences that can't be ignored. Jesus is only the son of God in Christianity, In Islam he is a prophet, while in Judaism he is viewed as a false prophet.
I understand what you mean by "universal truth," but it would defy a purpose, and that's why there is none.
I will not touch the subject of polytheistic religions, because then my post will be too long, and some already complain about the "absence of paragraphs" when I write)))
So I'll get straight to three Abrahamic religions. The reason they are all different, is because under their teachings the norms of the respective societies are defined in different ways, be it relations between men and women, the institution of marriage, the penal codes and so on. Whichever of them God will consider more successful at the end, whichever will serve his purpose the best, is going to win and become the last version. And if Islam will win, then Christ will turn out to be not more than one of the prophets - precisely as the koran says. But if Christianity wins, then Christ is what the bible says he is. At the end, there can't be two kings sitting on one throne kinda.
The only religion out of these three that doesn't have a chance ( as far as I can see,) is actually Judaism. Holocaust was a fulfillment of a prophecy, because Jews rejected Christ as their messiah. Germans were nothing but an instrument that was used to fulfill this prophesy, which in turn led to the rebirth of Israel as a state ( which yet again has been prophesied in the bible.) So although Jews are an inseparable part of Christianity ( as a living proof so to speak,) they really don't have any messiah other than Christ. ( I think this lays it all out rather nicely when it comes to Israel.)
But since we are on a "Russia" thread, I'll try to make this whole "religious" post to be relevant somehow)))
So going back to the subject that "different nations" went/were submitted under the different types of religion ( and thus being "treated differently" by God by default,) even Christianity itself has different versions, so different "branches" of Europeans went under the different "regulations" somewhat. The Protestant church for example is far more benevolent to its congregation than Catholic Church is, and Orthodox Church is closer to a Catholic Church than to a Protestant one. So Russians for example, being still a Christian nation, have a more restrictive rules prescribed for them (as far as their religion goes.)
Likewise, Islam has different branches, and some nations have it in more "pure form" than other.

Last edited by erasure; 08-29-2017 at 12:29 AM..

Old 08-28-2017, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
We will be burning books in the street and leaping over the flames bare assed naked over dosing on krocodil next. You wait Max, they're that crazy.

"The Orpheum Theater in Memphis, Tennessee said it would cancel its annual showing of the 1939 classic movie 'Gone with the Wind.' Directed by Victor Fleming, the film about love during the Civil War, which grabbed eight Academy Awards, has been accused of being “racist and insensitive” by some people."
www.rt.com/op-edge/401159-gone-with-wind-slavery-protests/

Old 08-28-2017, 11:50 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,937,222 times
Quote:

"The Orpheum Theater in Memphis, Tennessee said it would cancel its annual showing of the 1939 classic movie 'Gone with the Wind.' Directed by Victor Fleming, the film about love during the Civil War, which grabbed eight Academy Awards, has been accused of being “racist and insensitive” by some people."
speaking about movies what do you think will be Russia's reaction to this film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no

Old 08-28-2017, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
From what I see, there are still quite a few of them in Russia, ( not to mention the Mausoleum itself.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vladimir_Lenin
Lenin's monuments in every city. But I see official flags Soviet Union on flagpoles rarely.
I do not mind, but still it's official flags of the non-existent country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
If what came after the Soviet system ( i.e. "freedom-loving democratic Oligarchy") would be so wonderful, I imagine the whole "Lenin" extravaganza would go down eventually, with no coming back.
But it's obviously not a case ( hence even attempts to bring Stalin monuments back.
To be honest, I think the issue of the nineties ( i.e. all riches of the country going into the hands of oligarchs) is not settled in Russia. It keeps on coming back there, over and over again; it often pops up in conversations of people on-line, not to mention someone like Olshansky who talks about it in his short stories from time to time.
So... Russia is still politically-unsettled country I believe.
But I perfectly understand why the majority of people don't want to "rock the boat" at this point in time and vote "Putin."
Russia needs time after great upheavals. But what will eventually be is a big question.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
speaking about movies what do you think will be Russia's reaction to this film?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ5dMYx2no
I do not know, but in my opinion it's not entirely ethical to shoot comedies about foreign rulers. But, perhaps, it will be really funny.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:15 AM

Quote:

I'm sure Russians will be dearly missing this movie, particularly if they were not able to watch it in Tennessee)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe