Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2016, 02:34 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And how do we know that it was really a "groom"?
( I can't picture any "groom" in Russia, being able to pull this kind of show together, just for the sake of his wedding.
Now if they decided to invite a wedding party for a cover-up, that this PR stunt wouldn't be THAT obvious, then this would make sense)))
Well, if you really want to read things into it, you could say that the celebratory vodka and clinking of glasses wasn't about any wedding, but about the person to benefit from such an image.

Some people are into very showy weddings in Russia. IDK, but....whatever. Did anyone notice, btw, that the bride unwittingly threw her bouquet backwards over the edge of the cliff? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 03:01 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarbundy View Post
First let me say that the film was very enjoyable, and look forward to seeing more from Мосфильм and other Soviet era Russian film companies, if available with subtitles.
It's sure worth it - there are a quite a few "classics" out there, I just don't remember off top which ones have subtitles on youtube, but I can look it up.

Quote:
What was maybe more surprising than amazing to me was the almost subversive aspect of the film that was allowed to make fun of the comrade in charge as being a fool.

Maybe this aspect (in different ways, depending on the story line) is quite common in films of that era? If so, then my surprise and amazement is completely unfounded.
Now when I think about it, I am not all that familiar with movies of that particular era ( only few of them,) but as far as the criticism of the "comrades in charge" - no one was doing it better than the comedian Arkady Raikin - and he is definitely from Stalin's times, although he kept on performing in much later times as well - I remember watching him as a kid. He was an outstanding comedian - intelligent, funny; it was truly a "theater of one actor." (Of course it was all approved satire, as in case of the "Carnival night."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHt0N3ZeLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzuOqC7CCXc

( This one is from later times, but it's with English subtitles at least, so I'll leave it here too )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAT79IV7vs

Old 12-11-2016, 04:15 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Hi fellas!
What kind of russian movie shows real modern life in russian federation?
preferably with subtitles
Thanx!

Old 12-11-2016, 06:11 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,162,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's sure worth it - there are a quite a few "classics" out there, I just don't remember off top which ones have subtitles on youtube, but I can look it up.

Now when I think about it, I am not all that familiar with movies of that particular era ( only few of them,) but as far as the criticism of the "comrades in charge" - no one was doing it better than the comedian Arkady Raikin - and he is definitely from Stalin's times, although he kept on performing in much later times as well - I remember watching him as a kid. He was an outstanding comedian - intelligent, funny; it was truly a "theater of one actor." (Of course it was all approved satire, as in case of the "Carnival night."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHt0N3ZeLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzuOqC7CCXc

( This one is from later times, but it's with English subtitles at least, so I'll leave it here too )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAT79IV7vs
Wonderful, erasure, thank you.

For some reason, there is currently a fascination for me in how life was portrayed in film during Soviet times. Maybe because of winter coming... although here in Georgia (maybe like the original Грузинская ССР in the Caucasus?) we don't get anything like the brutal winter in Russia itself.

Old 12-11-2016, 06:26 PM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,859 times
Quote:

For some reason, there is currently a fascination for me in how life was portrayed in film during Soviet times. Maybe because of winter coming... although here in Georgia (maybe like the original Грузинская ССР in the Caucasus?) we don't get anything like the brutal winter in Russia itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4miZEcF5cA8

Old 12-11-2016, 07:15 PM

566 posts, read 503,730 times
Vat iz Russia?
Ver iz it? How is it? When iz it? Vai iz it?
Two manee kustiones I haz.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, if you really want to read things into it, you could say that the celebratory vodka and clinking of glasses wasn't about any wedding, but about the person to benefit from such an image.

Some people are into very showy weddings in Russia. IDK, but....whatever. Did anyone notice, btw, that the bride unwittingly threw her bouquet backwards over the edge of the cliff? lol
It was. But my guess is - STAGED wedding. Hence - the bouquet flying over the edge of the cliff.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Hi fellas!
What kind of russian movie shows real modern life in russian federation?
preferably with subtitles
Thanx!
Why don't you watch the Leviathan - I've heard it's sad and depressing, showing the darkest side of Russia. I think it will meet your expectations and will make you happy)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oo7H25kirk

You are welcome.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:

Georgia?
How about "Mimino" first of all?
Here it is, even with GEORGIAN subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZaZy0aWAB4

PS. Are you interested in specifically Stalin's era movies or ANY Soviet movies?

PS. PS Of course your climate is much milder and warmer, and... more humid too.
It's Caucasus after all.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

"700 km" is my calculation.
The cost of transportation of 700 km is 20000-25000 rubles. Increasing the rate would be 10%. Cost of goods will increase to a maximum of 1% (for volumetric cargo and cheap goods). The share of road transport is 50%. Growth of goods up to 0.5%. That's a lot, but with inflation of 8-10% is not so bad.

Transporters will not be affected, since business in Russia is able to increase the price. All costs will shift to consumers.

I support this idea for several reasons:
1. Roads in poor condition.
2. Shadow market is huge.
3. Transporters exaggerate the problem and it has the support of the "liberal parties" and the Western media. I do not like this trend, it looks suspicious.
Maxim, back to our conversation; I just came across THIS.
You can listen to this guy, who is the owner of a small/medium transportation business ( long distance truck/s) and who is affected by this "Platon" system of payments. He basically shreds into pieces the government reps by facts and figures during this official meeting.
See, this is the reason why the privatization happened the way it happened back in the nineties, with all the funds/riches placed in few hands, and thus placing political power in few hands with it. If the privatization would have gone THE OTHER WAY AROUND, and created a lot of owners of small-medium business ( thus finally creating the middle class in Russia,) the political field would have never been as empty and void as it is today with "If not Putin, then who?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl-U0pLtvHQ

Last edited by erasure; 12-12-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe