Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2022, 10:49 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times

Advertisements

Russian nazi deniers of Ukrainian famine forget to mention a few things. In parallel with starving of Ukrainian peasants Stalin regime conducted massive extermination campaign on Ukrainian educated classes, especially writers, artists, anybody who was shaping up an authentic Ukrainian culture at the time. Extermination rates matched and exceeded those of holocaust. Being a ukrainian writer under Stalin was way more deadly than being a Jew under german occupation. Subjugation of peasantry, extermination of the educated classes. That's how ethnocide works. At the time of famine in 1933 all the rich peasants employing other peasants "kulaks" were non existent. Soviets exterminated those prior 1933. The famine targeted rank&file peasants. Also Russian nazis fail to mention that Stalin moved large numbers of the ethic Russian peasants to occupy homes of the freshly starved Ukrainians in the hard hit areas of the Eastern Ukraine. Apparently hunger did not affect peasantry the same across ussr.

To insult the victims of famine, to make lame jokes and insulting words for the victims and famine became national Russian sport. That was my first real life exposure to the supreme "russian spirituality". Russia is a nation of smug psychopaths especially on anything Ukraine. For some reason Ukrainian famine triggers russian nazis and they expose their sub human essence.

We understand that the Russians are not killing Ukrainians because Putin ordered them to. On the contrary, Putin ordered the killing of Ukrainians because the Russians want him to. This is their request. They hate us, our country and the very fact of our existence.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-30-2022 at 11:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 08:20 PM

7,319 posts, read 4,115,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post

We understand that the Russians are not killing Ukrainians because Putin ordered them to. On the contrary, Putin ordered the killing of Ukrainians because the Russians want him to. This is their request. They hate us, our country and the very fact of our existence.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63182033-post8578.html

From the left leaning Washington Post - it must have killed them to report this!

Quote:
Increasingly, Ukrainians are confronting an uncomfortable truth: The military’s understandable impulse to defend against Russian attacks could be putting civilians in the crosshairs. Virtually every neighborhood in most cities has become militarized, some more than others, making them potential targets for Russian forces trying to take out Ukrainian defenses.

“I am very reluctant to suggest that Ukraine is responsible for civilian casualties, because Ukraine is fighting to defend its country from an aggressor,” said William Schabas, an international law professor at Middlesex University in London. “But to the extent that Ukraine brings the battlefield to the civilian neighborhoods, it increases the danger to civilians.”

Ukraine’s cities — and civilian areas — have become the crucible of the war, where an intense struggle is unfolding between Russians who want to seize or control these areas and Ukrainians defiantly resisting. That has transformed the conflict into a largely urban war, forged more by aerial weaponry and bombardments than traditional street-by-street fighting in many areas. With Russian forces targeting cities, the Ukrainians have responded by fortifying civilian areas to defend Kyiv, deploying air defense systems, heavy weaponry, soldiers and volunteers to patrol enclaves. Civilian casualties are mounting.

There’s no doubt that Russian forces are behind the most horrific acts of the war as it continues into a second month. They have struck schools, clinics, ambulances, shopping centers, electric and water facilities, and passenger cars, among numerous indiscriminate attacks on civilians, according to human rights activists. In the southern city of Mariupol, a suspected Russian airstrike killed many people taking refuge inside a theater. It was clearly marked, with the Russian word for “children” in huge letters visible from the sky. Days earlier, a maternity hospital was hit.

But Ukraine’s strategy of placing heavy military equipment and other fortifications in civilian zones could weaken Western and Ukrainian efforts to hold Russia legally culpable for possible war crimes, said human rights activists and international humanitarian law experts. Last week, the Biden administration formally declared that Moscow has committed crimes against humanity.

“If there is military equipment there and [the Russians] are saying we are launching at this military equipment, it undermines an assertion that they are attacking intentionally civilian objects and civilians,” said Richard Weir, a researcher in Human Rights Watch’s crisis and conflict division, who is working in Ukraine.

Over the past month, Washington Post journalists have witnessed Ukrainian antitank rockets, antiaircraft guns and armored personnel carriers placed near apartment buildings. In one vacant lot, Post journalists spotted a truck carrying a Grad multiple rocket launcher. Checkpoints with armed men, barricades of sandbags and tires, and boxes of molotov cocktails are ubiquitous on city highways and residential streets. The sound of outgoing rockets and artillery can be heard constantly in Kyiv, the capital, the squiggly white trails of missiles visible in the sky.

. . . Down to . . .

But the line between what constitutes a war crime becomes more blurred if residential neighborhoods are militarized and become battlefields where civilian deaths are inevitable.

“Ukraine cannot use civilian neighborhoods as ‘human shields,’” said Schabas.

. . .down to . .

When asked whether she worried about having military weaponry and fighters so close to where she lives, she replied after a long pause: “I don’t know what to say. We are just hoping that everything will be all right and this will end soon.”

Like most residents interviewed, she expressed stoicism and loyalty to Ukraine’s military forces. She said she doesn’t like how the capital has been altered into a fortresslike military zone, but she understands. It was worth hearing the sound of outgoing rockets or living within sight of heavy guns to prevent the Russians from entering the capital, she said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...sia-civilians/

Old 03-30-2022, 09:35 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,352,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
My cousin called my relatives in Poland. The Poles setting up for a war with Russia.

There is total medial blackout on the USA troop build up in Poland. We don't know if there is 100,000 or 250,000 USA troops in Poland preparing to attack Russia.

The lies the Western government are telling their citizens.
Let me understand:
  • Poland is concerned about Russia attacking them
  • You have no idea how many troops the US has in Poland (or probably elsewhere)
  • You conclude that the Western governments are lying to their citizens as a result.
I really struggle to draw a connection between the facts and your assertions, and that is being kind.

Old 03-30-2022, 10:03 PM

Quote:

From the left leaning Washington Post - it must have killed them to report this!

The left leaning punditry is saturated with Russian shills, sleepers and simply useful idiots. So? The Russians activated one shill or useful idiot who wrote a bunch of unsubstantiated bs never mind tonnes of videos showing Russian strikes on 100% civilian targets with no military value or presence, as well as Russians military vehicles hidden among residential buildings. Still a prepaid pundit did not explain why the Russians hinder the efforts to evacuate civilians. Even that little spineless boy Macron could not convince the butcher Vlad to let the civilians out Mariupol. I bet the Russians have a lame excuse for that too, and there is a pre paid sleeper pundit who will use WP etc. to give an air of legitimacy to whatever bs the Russians will come up with.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-30-2022 at 10:49 PM..

Old 03-30-2022, 10:42 PM

[Mod edit: Oleg Shuplyak art]

Last edited by elnina; 04-01-2022 at 05:30 PM..

Old 03-30-2022, 11:14 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:

Since EveryLady already dressed down this silly misinformation post of yours so well (interesting edits you made, intentionally omitting the parts that didn't support your point) in the other thread, I figured I'd link her reply here for everyone's convenience:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63182470-post8593.html

Old 03-31-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Let me understand:
  • Poland is concerned about Russia attacking them
  • You have no idea how many troops the US has in Poland (or probably elsewhere)
  • You conclude that the Western governments are lying to their citizens as a result.
I really struggle to draw a connection between the facts and your assertions, and that is being kind.
As I posted, George W. Bush lied about his intensions when he invaded Iraq. Obama lied about our involvement in Syria. The Military lied to us about the progress made in Afghanistan.

You tell me when our government is telling the truth.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:10 AM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal;
There is total medial blackout on the USA troop build up in Poland. We don't know if there is 100,000 or 250,000 USA troops in Poland preparing to attack Russia.
You can understand the need for that, right? Why would the US/NATO want to tip off the adversary as to what they're doing and where they have troops located?

OTOH, I have seen articles lately, about US servicemen mobilizing to be sent to NATO's eastern front. Specific numbers weren't given, but they were articles about the troop buildup out there and how our own forces are involved. So I wouldn't call it a "total" blackout.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Since EveryLady already dressed down this silly misinformation post of yours so well (interesting edits you made, intentionally omitting the parts that didn't support your point) in the other thread, I figured I'd link her reply here for everyone's convenience:

//www.city-data.com/forum/63182470-post8593.html
I really didn't see EveryLady's response. Thanks for the heads up!

As the article states: The Ukraine put military equipment next to and above residential areas. Ukraine gave Russia a reason to destroy the residential areas. The article also states that it will be hard to conflict Russia of war crimes because of Ukraine's weapon placement.

The UN - don't make me laugh!

1. No war crimes for the USA for using napalm in Vietnam - children are still born with birth defeats from it.

2. No war crimes for the USA when 500,000 children died because the USA bombed water sanitization facilities and blocked penicillin.

3. No war crimes for the USA for Iraq, Syria, or Afghanistan.

4. No war crimes for Assad in Syria. How many times did the newspaper say Assad would be charged?

5. No war crimes for Saudi Arabia or USA ships blocking the ports of Yemen during a famine.

6. No war crimes for Israel using white phosphorus.

7. No war crimes for: "more than a decade, when analysts described the strategy utilized by Israel against Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip, they've used a metaphor: With their displays of overwhelming military strength, Israeli forces were “mowing the grass".

8. If the Yemen War isn't war crimes, what is?

Quote:
Members narrowly voted to reject a resolution led by the Netherlands to give the independent investigators another two years to monitor atrocities in Yemen's conflict.

It marked the first time in the council's 15-year history that a resolution was defeated.

The independent investigators have said in the past that potential war crimes have been committed by all sides in the seven-year conflict that has pitted a Saudi-led coalition against Iran-allied Houthi rebels.

More than 100,000 people have been killed and 4 million have been displaced, activist groups say.
https://www.france24.com/en/middle-e...or-rights-body

War crimes convictions: Read the whole thing yourself. It's never the wealthy countries, but the smallest countries which are charged. The Iraq/Libya charges came after the USA invaded (politically motivated?) https://www.cfr.org/timeline/leaders-facing-justice

Old 03-31-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You can understand the need for that, right? Why would the US/NATO want to tip off the adversary as to what they're doing and where they have troops located?

OTOH, I have seen articles lately, about US servicemen mobilizing to be sent to NATO's eastern front. Specific numbers weren't given, but they were articles about the troop buildup out there and how our own forces are involved. So I wouldn't call it a "total" blackout.
Ruth, previously the USA allowed newspaper reporters to be embedded with the troops. Now the news agency has little information to go on which is a change in USA policy.

I don't know if its because the reporters had video on the 13 servicemen killed during the Afghanistan withdrawal and Biden doesn't want a repeat or what the story is?

It's a definite change of policy. I found, but haven't read all of these links:

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...5c6981de953e86

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentago...astern-europe/

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...round-ukraine/

https://abc17news.com/money/cnn-busi...loy-to-europe/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ussia-conflict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe