Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 02:17 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times

Advertisements

That's an Indian propaganda channel. Of course, they're going to bash China and ignore India's role in ISIS-K, TTP, and other terrorist groups. Some of the warlords fled to Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. Nikkei has a better article on Chinese investment which is minimal at this point since there's no infrastructure. That has always been the problem with accessing the minerals in Afghanistan.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/The-...n-Afghanistan2

Historically, crooked rulers escaped to 3rd countries after serving the Americans or the Soviets. Dostum is wanted for war crimes committed when he worked with the Americans soon after 911.

Trump advisor Steve Bannon appears on WION/Gravitas. He was the main architect of the China pivot. He was behind the funding for the China coronavirus lab leak propaganda.

Last edited by lchoro; 09-10-2021 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 05:03 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
That's an Indian propaganda channel. Of course, they're going to bash China and ignore India's role in ISIS-K, TTP, and other terrorist groups. Some of the warlords fled to Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Fer Christ's sake Ichoro - where is the material on that one?
Please give me the links.

Quote:
Historically, crooked rulers escaped to 3rd countries after serving the Americans or the Soviets. Dostum is wanted for war crimes committed when he worked with the Americans soon after 911.

Dostum is out of the picture at this point.

It was Dostum junior that arrived in Pandsher lately.

Quote:
Trump advisor Steve Bannon appears on WION/Gravitas. He was the main architect of the China pivot. He was behind the funding for the China coronavirus lab leak propaganda.

Links please.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Fer Christ's sake Ichoro - where is the material on that one?
Please give me the links.

Dostum is out of the picture at this point.

It was Dostum junior that arrived in Pandsher lately.

Links please.
I don't need links on your conspiracy theory channel. I normally don't read the Indian and Pakistani news since the crux of their coverage tends to attack each others. They're mainly useful when the information sometimes goes against the general tendency of their coverage.

The point was that they have fled the country as per the former Indian ambassador's blog and would be provided sanctuary in a country friendly to the Russians.

A lot of the warlords and their militias fled the country for Central Asia. It's been covered in a US-funded news outlet RFERL as well as others. That is generally the area of their native culture since Uzbeks, Tajiks, and others reside in regions that cross the Afghan border in the north.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/08/afgh...-central-asia/

I think the hardline Taliban controlling the government is not necessarily a bad one. They still have to make concessions to outside governments to get the help they need. There is no established leadership to the opposition if they pass down social reforms. It would be a very long process anyways.

You can quickly smell propaganda when someone equates political movements with geographic and popular support, such as the Taliban and Hezbollah, with mercenaries such as T-T-P, Al Qaeda, IS, and others that operate freely wherever they're needed to conduct terrorism.

The government of France was exposed for financing ISIS in Syria.

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/...-isis-in-syria

It was well known that LaFarge the cement company was paying bribes to ISIS. What was not revealed before was the the entry of LaFarge into Syria was done after ISIS had conquered the territory and that the French government was involved.

Last edited by lchoro; 09-10-2021 at 05:49 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 06:49 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
I don't like Gravitas or Wion. I only listen to find any little tidbits to follow up on when something happens, it's mainly propaganda such as RT or RFLE. From what I am gathering in the news it looks like India has a conundrum, and it is China and Pakistan. As does Afghanistan.

This is still sorting itself out. I do not think the people of Afghanistan will have an easy time of it and the Chinese are their main hope of peace and progress.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
But interestingly enough, only in certain part of the world women are severely punished for that.

While in other parts of the world they have a free pass.

I haven't, so I watched the video like 10 times in a row; never seen such bewilderment on dog's face either, so this made my day, thanks)))

I wouldn't say women get a free pass on anything. Folly and bad decisions in general still come with a hefty price. In a lighter sense foolishness does also, men here are changing and not for the good in light of unintended consequences. We have the largest welfare system in human history and I think it's because parents have forgotten how to be parents.

When I first saw that video it brought back a lot of memories (not bad ones necessarily) of me pulling up to the house and turning off my truck and listening. For awhile when the girls were in their early teens the fights I would hear at times were epic.

I took a few chats with friends who had been there that my wife and daughters just loved to fight once in awhile. To battle for dominance and no one was getting hurt, it fact it was helping them to thrive.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I don't need links on your conspiracy theory channel. I normally don't read the Indian and Pakistani news since the crux of their coverage tends to attack each others. They're mainly useful when the information sometimes goes against the general tendency of their coverage.

No-no Ichoro - lets' try again.

I am not offering you links on any "conspiracy theories."
I am asking YOU to provide the links on "India's role in ISIS-K, TTP and other terrorist groups."

Quote:
The point was that they have fled the country as per the former Indian ambassador's blog and would be provided sanctuary in a country friendly to the Russians. A lot of the warlords and their militias fled the country for Central Asia. That is generally the area of their native culture since Uzbeks, Tajiks, and others reside in regions that cross the Afghan border in the north. It's been covered in a US-funded news outlet RFERL as well as others.

Who "they"?

Anyone who resists Taliban?
Of course they most likely would end up in Tadjikistan ( or Uzbekistan,) since these people are mostly ethnic Tadjiks/Uzbeks ( or they belong to other ethnic groups, and then they'd end up in Iran most likely, if they are related.) It's only logical.

(Russian RBK news channel reported the number of the Afghan refugees as the result of crisis in the country is approximately 3 million people. The fact that they have drought currently on top of that, puts 7 million people at risk of famine too.)
There are 1,5 million of Afghan refugees in Pakistan and about million in Iran. About 100, 000 in Tadjikistan from what I remember.

P.S. Tadjiks are not "tribal" by the way, unlike Pushtuns or Chechens for example.

It's only logical that the forces that are fighting the radical Islam would find the refuge ( even temporarily) in more civilized surrounding countries. Particularly if they are related ethnic groups. ( That's why my guess was that the former president Gani didn't head for Tadjikistan. You need to keep track and understand who is who over there, in order to understand the logic of events. )

Quote:
I think the hardline Taliban controlling the government is not necessarily a bad one. They still have to make concessions to outside governments to get the help they need. There is no established leadership to the opposition if they pass down social reforms. It would be a very long process anyways.

Who are you Ichoro?

Using the famous Russian saying - "Lift up the veil, show us your pretty face."

Quote:
You can quickly smell propaganda when someone equates political movements with geographic and popular support, such as the Taliban and Hezbollah, with mercenaries such as T-T-P, Al Qaeda, IS, and others that operate freely wherever they're needed to conduct terrorism.

yeah-yeah-yeah...

Quote:
The government of France was exposed for financing ISIS in Syria.

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/...-isis-in-syria

It was well known that LaFarge the cement company was paying bribes to ISIS. What was not revealed before was the the entry of LaFarge into Syria was done after ISIS had conquered the territory and that the French government was involved.

Lafarge was not "financing ISIS" volunteerly ( and that's the way you make it sound.)

By the look of it, they were paying the thugs off in order to keep the cement business going.

But that's capitalism for you.

That's the "multinationals" for you.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I wouldn't say women get a free pass on anything. Folly and bad decisions in general still come with a hefty price. In a lighter sense foolishness does also, men here are changing and not for the good in light of unintended consequences. We have the largest welfare system in human history and I think it's because parents have forgotten how to be parents.

When I first saw that video it brought back a lot of memories (not bad ones necessarily) of me pulling up to the house and turning off my truck and listening. For awhile when the girls were in their early teens the fights I would hear at times were epic.

I took a few chats with friends who had been there that my wife and daughters just loved to fight once in awhile. To battle for dominance and no one was getting hurt, it fact it was helping them to thrive.

Scrat, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Me - I am talking about THIS;
I don't even understand how they manage to breath there.

Old 09-11-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Scrat, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Me - I am talking about THIS;
I don't even understand how they manage to breath there.
Sorry. I am far afield.

I don't have the time to explain it correctly today. I'll get back to you later.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:15 AM

In the Chinese official press, the Taliban is assuring them that this is only an interim government. Ongoing talks to form a more inclusive government.

A big snub to the US, India, and Russia as ASEAN ministers want more Belt-and-Road projects

ASEAN

Russia won't be attending new government ceremonies. India and Russia have been continuing demands in the press on Taliban preventing terrorist groups getting safe haven inside Afghanistan or using the country to transit to other destinations. India is a big part of the problem as one of the sponsors of terrorism inside Afghanistan. Pakistan being the other by supporting separatists in Kashmir.

It's commonly referred to as a Double Game in the foreign press where states fighting terrorism are also the main sponsors of terrorist groups. See a lot of that finger-pointing in the Indian and Pakistani press.

Nice article on counterterrorism as a racket

Quote:
In both papers, US security aid is associated with significant increases in anti-US terrorist activity when allocated to states with external rivals, or to personalist dictatorships.

In these contexts, aid is not just an ineffective carrot; it can also encourage the recipient regime to become a terrorism “racketeer,” using the threat thereof to extort aid resources from donors. These are then channeled not toward counterterrorism, but instead toward protecting the regime against what it fears most.
Counterterrorism racket

Also, terrorism is used by the sponsor of the aid.

Last edited by lchoro; 09-11-2021 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-11-2021, 01:49 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
20 years old. An eternal reminder of the danger of terrorism for everyone.

https://youtu.be/cHg38xQxH8w
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe