Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 01:47 PM

2,311 posts, read 957,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah, I am listening and this is what I hear;
"In 2014 Russia developed remarkably similar playbook; amassed troops, engaged in 2014 ( historical fact).. engaged in disinformation and propaganda to paint Ukraine as an aggressor, fabricated a pretext for invasion..."

OK, let's see here.

Henry Langston from Vice News - this doesn't struck you like a typical Russian name, does it?

Let's see ( yet again) what he is reporting from location back in 2014, shall we?

"Donetsk morgue overrun with civilian casualties."

Now who would cause these civilian casualties, would this be the "Russian aggression" or... oh horror... this is the Ukrainian aggression - the one, that the White House ( represented by Ned Price in this case) is trying to deny?

Have a look here, what the locals are saying;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zL0...-80Zy&index=59

Now if you ask me, by the sound of it, I am deducing what this is all about ( taking in consideration what I hear from the Russian/Ukrainian sites.)
This whole deal with Minsk agreement apparently is faltering big time, and Kiev is explaining to Washington why it can't and shouldn't be fulfilled ( without the direct admission that the National battalions are in charge of the situation, (not the official government,) and they will NOT accept this Minsk agreement in its current shape and form, no who, no how. So there is no sense for Washington to push Kiev into the Minsk agreement, as Washington tried to lately. The game should be changed from now on.

Yet at the same time, the whole situation with Donbass must be resolved in the nearest time, since it's bleeding Kiev of resources, plus this territorial dispute is yet another hindrance on its "way into NATO."
So now, stuffed with eight loads (cargo flights) of American weapons delivered to Ukraine - the weapons that are already making their way to Donbass, and with Washington's blessing, the Ukrainian army probably feels well equipped by now to attack Donbass. ( DNR is reporting that Ukrainian army amassed about 120,000 troops on their border.)

And that's where this "propaganda campaign" takes roots - to prepare the public for justification of this move, promoting Ukrainian victimhood and the "Russian aggression."

Just a guess.
Now the Russian parliament is on Covid vacation (?) or whatever, and planning to be back on February 14th, to make further decisions.

The Communists are proposing to Putin to include LDNR into the Russian Federation, while the "United Russia" wants to send there the advanced weaponry.

I am not sure how much time anyone has, since it looks like the smear campaign is already starting, and the same Clarissa Ward (CNN) that was reporting during Afghanistan withdrawal, is already in Donbass, along with other major media outlets.

This is just more US state dept lies.

If there is an attack, they can portray it as a false flag set up by the Russians.
If there isn't attack, they can say that they preemptively deterred the Russians from attacking, but now they have the benefit of further vilifying Russia by giving this "intelligence report" some air time that they know for sure news agencies will cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2022, 02:13 PM

2,367 posts, read 908,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
This is just more US state dept lies.
If there is an attack, they can portray it as a false flag set up by the Russians.
If there isn't attack, they can say that they preemptively deterred the Russians from attacking, but now they have the benefit of further vilifying Russia by giving this "intelligence report" some air time that they know for sure news agencies will cover.
Today when I read about Bloomberg's accidental posting of the headline "Russia Invades Ukraine!", my thought was that the "news" article has already been written!

If you are fabricating news or creating events, you can write it anytime.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
The NY Times stated that Russia has moved 10,000 more troops into Crimea. Regular Army, Paratroopers, Marines from the Kerch area and a lot of kit.

That puts the numbers in Crimea at about 50 to 60 thousand of which 40k are meant to fight the rest being support.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

There's still a window open for this. I don't see an attack happening after this month because of the spring thaw. That is however my opinion and I don't know what in fact Russia will do.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:27 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The NY Times stated that Russia has moved 10,000 more troops into Crimea. Regular Army, Paratroopers, Marines from the Kerch area and a lot of kit.

That puts the numbers in Crimea at about 50 to 60 thousand of which 40k are meant to fight the rest being support.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...DHP&li=BBnb7Kz

There's still a window open for this. I don't see an attack happening after this month because of the spring thaw. That is however my opinion and I don't know what in fact Russia will do.

Troops in Crimea?
I see it rather as a different intention from the Russians - to be on a safe side.

They are on alert now, since Ukrainians ( being prompted by the Western powers) can get all kind of wrong ideas, the bozos that they are.

And most of all Russians are weary of Ukr. provocations.
I didn't want to mention it, but couple of days ago Donetsk received at least ten bomb threats in different schools and Universities.
They evacuated students and all, checked the buildings - nothing.

But then the next bomb threat came from some government building, they checked again - and there was a bomb there for real.

I guess I need to bring updates on all these details, to present a better picture of what Russians are dealing with.

Old 02-08-2022, 06:52 PM

Russian skaters are doing very well yet again in Beijing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda3vvmqQHQ&t=13s

Old 02-09-2022, 12:17 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,924,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russian skaters are doing very well yet again in Beijing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hda3vvmqQHQ&t=13s
Mainly thanks to Eteri Tutberidze and her questionable couching practices. If you notice Russia doesn’t have any skaters older than 18 anymore, this is less of a women’s competition and more of a girls compilation now. The reason being is that Eteri over trains her girls and doing those quad jumps is very hard on their backs, and when they go through puberty she doesn’t adjust the training to fit their new body proportions and densities, causing a lot of avoidable fractures and then by the time they reach 18 they no longer can skate (where is Yulia Lipnitskaya from 2014 Olympics, where is Evgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova from 2018 Olympics?) and even if they wanted to, there is a new batch of fresh teenage girls that can skate better than them (if you notice the best skater Russia has is also the youngest, 15 year old Kamila Valieva). The only competitive women Skater Russia has left is 25 year old Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, but unfortunately she has never qualified for the Olympics (although this year she is on stand by incase something happens to the other three girls), and she isn’t an Eteri girl either, she trains with Alexei Mishin who famously trained Evgeni Plushenko, but Eteri holds a monopoly in womens figure skating in Russia (and the world) these days.

But huge props to these girls for being the first to consistently land the quad jumps for better or worse.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:36 PM

I noticed the differences too.

Kamila. Age 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgWCChypBg

Wataba. Age 21.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Tw7ANHdS8

Wataba is clearly more physically mature and with a differently built frame also.

Kamilas program was more technical than artistic, as Watabas was.

I found Watabas routine more enjoyable to watch even if it was not as flashy.

It seems the morons are going after Kamila Valievas gold medal. Doping issues. Where have we seen this before.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:57 PM

I just wonder how this will work out in the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqw2Y_AKzZg

Old 02-09-2022, 08:41 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Mainly thanks to Eteri Tutberidze and her questionable couching practices. If you notice Russia doesn’t have any skaters older than 18 anymore, this is less of a women’s competition and more of a girls compilation now. The reason being is that Eteri over trains her girls and doing those quad jumps is very hard on their backs, and when they go through puberty she doesn’t adjust the training to fit their new body proportions and densities, causing a lot of avoidable fractures and then by the time they reach 18 they no longer can skate (where is Yulia Lipnitskaya from 2014 Olympics, where is Evgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova from 2018 Olympics?) and even if they wanted to, there is a new batch of fresh teenage girls that can skate better than them (if you notice the best skater Russia has is also the youngest, 15 year old Kamila Valieva). The only competitive women Skater Russia has left is 25 year old Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, but unfortunately she has never qualified for the Olympics (although this year she is on stand by incase something happens to the other three girls), and she isn’t an Eteri girl either, she trains with Alexei Mishin who famously trained Evgeni Plushenko, but Eteri holds a monopoly in womens figure skating in Russia (and the world) these days.

But huge props to these girls for being the first to consistently land the quad jumps for better or worse.

They are all like a cookie cutter performers - be that Medvedeva or Valieva or Scherbakova.

I see no difference. ( Lipnitskaya was great, but it looks like she was not suitably built for further participation, once the puberty hit in.)

The only figure skater that has her own distinguished style now out of all these young girls is Alexandra Trusova.

The rest are all the same - great jumps and all, but rather mechanic and predictable in their performance.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:14 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,537 times
You're in hte army now.. baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1Y...=NicimakiClips
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe