Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2020, 07:58 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Thanks. These are several places. Moscow, Ivanovo and Nizhny Novgorod regions.
The war memorial is a great photo. You caught it at a good angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 06:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Russia has more than doubled its exports of meat and poultry products to China this year and 69 additional enterprises have been authorrized to do business in China.

China now surpasses Ukraine in meat i.ports from Russia.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:49 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Navalny wants to return to Russia as soon as possible.

Germans sent an offer to the White House to build a terminal for American liquid gas, ( even two terminals,) at their own expense, if the US will stop threatening them with sanctions for the Nordstream 2.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:58 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Germans sent an offer to the White House to build a terminal for American liquid gas, ( even two terminals,) at their own expense, if the US will stop threatening them with sanctions for the Nordstream 2.
Yes, both of these things are extremely weird, the 2nd one especially.

Apparently this is more than just about competition for gas access.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:07 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:

It looked like the Navalny poisoning was the US counteroffer.

Ukraine's transit fees were only 3 billion dollars a year as I recall. They would be cut in half, regardless of whether it's Nord Stream 2 or LNG.

Germany wanted to continue to play both US and Russia off against each other to get a good deal for gas.

Old 09-17-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It looked like the Navalny poisoning was the US counteroffer.

Ukraine's transit fees were only 3 billion dollars a year as I recall. They would be cut in half, regardless of whether it's Nord Stream 2 or LNG.

Germany wanted to continue to play both US and Russia off against each other to get a good deal for gas.

I don't see it this way quite honestly - Germans already had a good deal for gas from Russians.
Americans don't want them to have a "good deal."
What they want is to see Germany submissive to their political interests ( i.e. cordoning Russia off,) and in the process making money on Germany.

So with this counter-offer I see German politicians ( who feel obligated to bow to American demands,) are trying to find the middle ground with German businessmen, who are looking out for the national/financial interests of Germany.

As for Russians - they don't seem to be bothered by this latest German bargain offered to the US by Germany.

I don't remember all the details, but yes, Ukraine (and Poland from what I know) will be the only losers if Americans will accept the offer.

And that's why I suspect it's not going to fly, since it's not reaching the purpose of hurting Russian interests enough.

But what I sense in this whole situation, is that Merkel's personal well-being ( as a politician) is at stake; I can't place the finger exactly whether it has something to do with Navalny's poisoning and the stand that German officialdom is taking on it, or with this whole terminal deal.

Last edited by erasure; 09-17-2020 at 09:50 AM..

Old 09-17-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Yes, both of these things are extremely weird, the 2nd one especially.

Apparently this is more than just about competition for gas access.

Yes it is.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:17 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:

Navalny, changed your mind about being a sacred victim? You see, he will become a violent activist of the United Russia party )))

Gazprom will even support a liquefied gas terminal in Germany. Yamal LNG, a wonderful, perfect plant and is closer and cryogenic technologies are much cheaper when the winter is minus 60 degrees Celsius (-76 degrees Fahrenheit)

Old 09-17-2020, 04:58 PM
DKM

Quote:
I don't see it this way quite honestly - Germans already had a good deal for gas from Russians.
What they want is to see Germany submissive to their political interests ( i.e. cordoning Russia off,) and in the process making money on Germany.

So with this counter-offer I see German politicians ( who feel obligated to bow to American demands,) are trying to find the middle ground with German businessmen, who are looking out for the national/financial interests of Germany.

As for Russians - they don't seem to be bothered by this latest German bargain offered to the US by Germany.

I don't remember all the details, but yes, Ukraine (and Poland from what I know) will be the only losers if Americans will accept the offer.

And that's why I suspect it's not going to fly, since it's not reaching the purpose of hurting Russian interests enough.

But what I sense in this whole situation, is that Merkel's personal well-being ( as a politician) is at stake; I can't place the finger exactly whether it has something to do with Navalny's poisoning and the stand that German officialdom is taking on it, or with this whole terminal deal.
This is you making sense again. And yes, these 2 issues are related.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:

Merkel has been ill. She has also been completely indecisive on this matter. Trying to make everyone happy, trying to avoid conflicts. She doesn't understand that what the Western powers want is conflict. Such actions as hers are seen as weakness by the antagonists in this. It's what the Russians don't seem to understand.

Appeasement doesn't work with bullies. It just makes them bolder.

I suspect this deal will not go through and NS2 will not be completed. This doesn't matter to Russia because it was never really necessary and therefore if the Poles and Ukronazis start playing gas games again it is Europe that will suffer. Gas still flows via those lines.

On top of that Russia has other projects in Asia which are not far off. In the artic infrastructure for huge LNG plants are well underway. These plants during the winter can produce LNG at far less cost than anyone in the world due to climatic conditions.

Russia has little to worry about, it's Europens who are going to get screwed if things go to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe