Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:35 AM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,574,616 times

Advertisements

Nightlife in Madrid is steadily decreasing since two years ago, so nowadays looks like Barcelona in terms of great nightlife.
There are been implemented a reduction in opening hours at night.

However, still it's right and slightly better than Barcelona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 02:32 PM

630 posts, read 1,048,852 times
I've been living in Madrid for almost a year. I think it sucks. People not friendly, food is TERRIBLE, clean city good public transport but lacks any kind of charm and character. Barcelona ALL the way.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:45 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
I've only visited Barcelona and Madrid, but enjoyed both. The only negative about Madrid is someone tried to run me over with a bicycle when a few of us were walking in a park. We went shopping downtown and the sidewalk was so crowded, at one point I stood very still since no matter which way I turned someone ran into me. There were so many banks in Madrid. Seemed to be one or more in every block. The museum was spectacular. Had to choose between Spain or Greece and chose Spain because later, when on the coast there would be opportunity for a day trip to Africa. Couldn't pass on that.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,078,581 times
Rubi

We have idiotic politicians that think were are in Holland, so they want to pack cities with those ridiculous bikes. Spanish cities are not for bikes, bikes are a nuisance. The mayor of Barcelona is trying to limit bikes since they invade sidewalks, quite nasty.

Old 07-01-2021, 03:38 PM

12,161 posts, read 7,997,139 times
Hate to revive this thread, but dont want to start a new one.

However, Im going to Madrid for a week tomorrow. Really little time to prepare. Its actually one city Ivenever been to in Europe. But im wicked excited.

What is Madrid like compared to Paris or Lisbon? I am thinking the city would be a cross between the two, or something similar, Spanish version.

Imexcited to hear Spain is cheap and the heat is dry. But compared to say, Lisbon or Paris, my two favorites in Europe + two cities Im extremely familiar with.. what is it like?

Old 07-01-2021, 06:17 PM

2,354 posts, read 1,151,261 times
You'll find out tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:54 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Hate to revive this thread, but dont want to start a new one.

However, Im going to Madrid for a week tomorrow. Really little time to prepare. Its actually one city Ivenever been to in Europe. But im wicked excited.

What is Madrid like compared to Paris or Lisbon? I am thinking the city would be a cross between the two, or something similar, Spanish version.

Imexcited to hear Spain is cheap and the heat is dry. But compared to say, Lisbon or Paris, my two favorites in Europe + two cities Im extremely familiar with.. what is it like?
Madrid is great! I've been to Lisbon, Madrid is WAYYYYY bigger and more majestic/grander if that makes sense. Lisbon is one of my favorite cities, and I loved Madrid (have been twice). Lots to do, good food and night scene (although not sure what that looks like with COVID now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe