Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Kuh Kuh started this thread

51 posts, read 39,094 times

Advertisements

Thinking about traveling to Madrid, but before I can book a hotel room, I need to know where it should be at. It was quite easy in Paris because I knew it should be inside the beltway. Ended up in the center of Paris. While the location was not bad at all, most attractions were in the west.
Priceline gives me "La Cestellana" ( decent deal - 95 bucks, 4 stars ). I looked at the map and it looks central to me. Any input? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 10:20 AM

248 posts, read 617,322 times
Any pension at Calle Atocha.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM

So I should stay inside the "U" of highway 30?

Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 PM

I unexpectedly won a biod on priceline. Unexpected because I went very low and thought there's no way it would go through.

It's on Jose Abascal. Seems to be one of the main streets there. Does anybody know more about the area?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 AM

248 posts, read 617,322 times
Kuh

The area is called Chambery, quite nice. Not in the "hub" proper, but nice location. About 2 miles from Gran Via, Retiro, Atocha, etc.
Are you talking about a NH hotel there?

Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 AM

956 posts, read 1,769,415 times
Check out thetripavisor site. Lots of info on hotels ,what dangers to look out form, etc. I've never been to Spain, must learn more Spanish first.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neng. View Post
Kuh

The area is called Chambery, quite nice. Not in the "hub" proper, but nice location. About 2 miles from Gran Via, Retiro, Atocha, etc.
Are you talking about a NH hotel there?
Actually I am... How did you know? I got it for 1/3 of the advertised price. So I won't really complain about the location. 2 miles ain't that far anyway. And it's close to a Metro station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Check out thetripavisor site. Lots of info on hotels ,what dangers to look out form, etc. I've never been to Spain, must learn more Spanish first.

I don't speak Spanish. English will be just fine. It was even no problem in France.. that means something

Old 04-20-2010, 08:33 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,149,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuh View Post
Thinking about traveling to Madrid, but before I can book a hotel room, I need to know where it should be at. It was quite easy in Paris because I knew it should be inside the beltway. Ended up in the center of Paris. While the location was not bad at all, most attractions were in the west.
Priceline gives me "La Cestellana" ( decent deal - 95 bucks, 4 stars ). I looked at the map and it looks central to me. Any input? Thank you
I stayed in Madrid for about four days and didn't really like it. Exciting nightlife? Yes, if you are accompanied by someone or somehow find your way into a native Madrilenho's clique! Anyway, I paid 23 euros a night back in 2008 at Hostal Palacios, on Calle Fuencarril about 200m from Gran Via.

A much better destination would be the Basque Country, or maybe Andalucia. Madrid has museums, a beautiful park, and some splendid sights, but that's the extent of the charm of that city.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:58 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,767,665 times
Hi! I'm leaving tomorrow for Madrid (for weekend ) . I will stay at Senorial hotel (Plaza d'Espana area)

Have a good trip you too!

Old 04-24-2010, 03:54 PM

10 posts, read 18,481 times
Hahaha..you poor poor fellow. English will be fine..If you've already arrived, you will have seen how mistaken that assumption was..Don't worry though, I made it too when I first came..It was a hard one to get over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe