Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are European women just not as big on race when it comes to dating?
No, they care way less about race, it really means nothing to them 21 17.50%
They care but not the extent that American women do 42 35.00%
They care just as much as American women 25 20.83%
They care about it even more 32 26.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:29 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Most other parts of the world don't have as much problem with race as the US, probably because we're the ones who invented skin-color discrimination. There are some exceptions tho, particularly Russia and Australia.
Ahmm...racial discrimination has existed since probably the beginning of time.

I'll just step one removed from the Americas though...and the British colonialism system of the commonwealth had a very stringent viewpoint on blood, etc. Which was different than the Portuguese who went to Brazil.

But, if you go back before that, it was the Europeans who felt Africans were inferior (among with everyone else) and moving people around, etc.

If you read Said's 'Orientalism', it'll talk about Europe's viewpoint of Asia as well. You'll see skin-color issues once again.

Even within Europe, you have tons of Jewish issues in the somewhat recent past, which was HUGE. But even modern days, muslim assimilation or particularly lack thereof seems to one of their major political issues they talk about all the time.

On the other hand, you go to almost anywhere in Asia, and the possibility of emigrating to most of those countries is nearly completely non-existant altogether for a white or black person to suddenly decide to become, say 'Chinese' or 'Korean' or 'Saudi' or something.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:30 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
Sick and tired of race issues

Old 09-16-2011, 08:31 PM

11 posts, read 91,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Ironically Indian females and Korean females get it the worst when dating outside of their race from their male ethnic counterparts.

Someday when you land your first 'white girl', I doubt she'll have one-tenth the problems with people discouraging her from dating outside of her race than an Indian female or Korean female would from their respective cultures/families.
I doubt it. I am not Indian or Asian in case you are wondering, I am Iranian and Black/White mixed, mom looks like a White brunette but is Iranian and dad looks like a Latino but is Black and White mixed.

Actually, I was at a party one time, I notice that Indian women and Asian women badmouth their male counterparts excessively. It really makes them jealous when they see them date out, maybe not Asian women but surely Indian women. I have Indian friends who have dated White girls and Indian women who didn't even know them started shouting at them. LOL one of my friends who is Indian got shouted at by an old Indian lady who was the grandmother of an Indian girl who had a crush on him and felt entitled to him.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 PM

lets be real, those who voted last 2 options are probably american women that do not want men here in the US to head abroad

Old 09-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighters22 View Post
I notice that Indian women and Asian women badmouth their male counterparts excessively. It really makes them jealous when they see them date out, maybe not Asian women but surely Indian women. I have Indian friends who have dated White girls and Indian women who didn't even know them started shouting at them. LOL one of my friends who is Indian got shouted at by an old Indian lady who was the grandmother of an Indian girl who had a crush on him and felt entitled to him.
Usually in the more conservative cultures, it's expected that the girls stay extremely faithful to their 'ethnicity', so when they see a double-standard, they sometimes get quite pissed off about it.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I doubt it. I am not Indian or Asian in case you are wondering, I am Iranian and Black/White mixed, mom looks like a White brunette but is Iranian and dad looks like a Latino but is Black and White mixed.
With your ethnicity, you'll do fine in Europe. European women like that kind of mix. From having lived in Europe for a year (Spain and Austria), I never observed them chasing a say 'Chinese' guy or anything like that.

But mixed race with some black is very popular, as are some of the persian looks as it appears exotic.

The West Coast of the U.S. is the big racial mixer though. Just a whole lot more racially mixed people on the West Coast.

The East Coast is going that way, but slowly.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:57 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
I would kind of agree but still I would disagree. I know a lot of Indian and Asian med students who are males. Do they get attention from women who are White? Sure they do. Yet, regardless, they still have to lower their standards.

They won't be dating a blonde who is a 9 on a scale of 1-10 even if they look like a Bollywood actor or like Daniel Henney, at least not in America, or in my experience at least not in virginia but people do say it is more "racist" compared to other places.
Lol...that's interesting. My brother picked up a strong 8/9 blonde white chick from a prominent rich southern family.

So much for your theory.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:10 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,518 times
The manner in which white women are described on this thread is disturbing. Its like their some kind of product or something. Also, is getting a "white chick" the goal of many asian men or non-white men in general?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:21 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
The manner in which white women are described on this thread is disturbing. Its like their some kind of product or something. Also, is getting a "white chick" the goal of many asian men or non-white men in general?
The OP set up this discussion on the basis of a rating system. So yes, a "hot woman" is a product (regardless of race really). She is subject to the laws of supply and demand the same way that a "hot sports car" or a "rich man" is.

And let's not pretend we don't know this is true. :-)

Old 09-16-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Getting a White chick is indeed a goal for many men because those are the kind of women they are around.

Lets drop the political correctness for a second, you go to a big name university or any top notch place in America, White people are going to dominate by numbers. And I can guess by your name that you are probably asian, most asian women are busy chasing the White guys so whats wrong if an asian guy wants to chase a white girl?

You guys are acting as if I am saying White women are superior to all other kinds of women. Such isn't the case, problem is, they are more in number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe