Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 07:11 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times

Advertisements

I never really understood the appeal of Will Ferrell. I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler, but at least I can understand how his amiable goofiness can be appealing to some people. With Ferrell, I just don't get it.

Some other SNL alums I find annoying, too, like David Spade and Rob Schneider.

I used to enjoy Arnold Schwarzenegger and his movies, but I think he's kind of gotten annoying since he got elected, and then left office.

I never really liked Gwyneth Paltrow, but she was tolerable in the Iron Man movies. I usually find Nicole Kidman kind of annoying, too. Never saw the appeal of either woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 08:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
I never really understood the appeal of Will Ferrell. I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler, but at least I can understand how his amiable goofiness can be appealing to some people. With Ferrell, I just don't get it.

Some other SNL alums I find annoying, too, like David Spade and Rob Schneider.

I used to enjoy Arnold Schwarzenegger and his movies, but I think he's kind of gotten annoying since he got elected, and then left office.

I never really liked Gwyneth Paltrow, but she was tolerable in the Iron Man movies. I usually find Nicole Kidman kind of annoying, too. Never saw the appeal of either woman.
I agree. I was never a big Rob Schneider fan either and should have put him on my earlier list. David Spade was better when Chris Farley was alive and they were in a few movies together. They had some comic "chemistry" as opposites so to speak. Without Farley, he is basically average.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Sandra Bullock
Hallie Berry
Billy Bob Thornton
Will Ferrell
Jack Black
Gwyneth Paltrow
Joe Pesci
Renee Russo

Stay tune for more later.
good list.

Renee Russo just seemed overrated.
Adam Sandler
Tim Allen
Ben Affleck
Matt Damon (used to like him, but...)
Ben Stiller
Owen/Luke Wilson
Danny Houston
Kiefer Sutherland
lol re Shia LeBoeuf

Basically any of the tabloid personas. Not even actors imo. Aniston, what's his name, Paul Rudd oh and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:40 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I'm always going to thrift stores and picking up stacks of these old VHS tapes for 50 cents a piece, and last night I watched Chocolat for the first time. I loved Juliette Binoche, Judi Dench, Lena Olin, but along comes Johnny Depp. halfway thru the movie, to ruin it for me!

Seeing him, can't explain it, if very unsettling for me! Where's the talent, if nothing else!!

Old 02-28-2014, 06:18 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Tom Hanks. I know he's a nice person and all but I can't stand to watch his movies.
I really enjoyed Captain Phillips but I have to agree with you. What did me in was Polar Express, a beloved movie with my entire family except grouchy old mom---me. They watch it multiple times at Christmas. The whole thing seemed to be a celebration of Tom Hanks. It is taking me a long time to recover, lol.

Tom Cruise is another actor I'm not that fond of. Oh and Alec Baldwin because of his real life antics.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:17 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
I'm not really fond of Tom Cruise either but I just find him overrated. He doesn't really bother me. There are a few people that I get tired of seeing but most don't grind my gears. The only ones I can honestly say I dislike are Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. I can't stand Zac because he's fruity and Vanessa always rubbed me the wrong way. The naked picture situation didn't help my perception of her either.

(if Taylor Swift counts I dislike her more than those two put together but I don't know if she counts as an actress)

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-01-2014 at 02:31 PM..

Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Ashton Kutcher and Matt "Preachy" Damon......cannot stand either.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:20 PM

634 posts, read 709,114 times
Will Ferrell. I think he's good for snl type shows but how he's made millions in the film industry is beyond me.

George Clooney. I just do not understand why women think he is sexy. He looks like Jaye Leno's better looking brother. He gets on my last nerve.

Gwyneth Paltrow. I don't get her at all. I always feel like she sleepy or drugged up when she acts.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:19 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
Brad Pitt
Aston Kutcher

Old 03-03-2014, 04:06 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,959,732 times
I have always thought Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers were terrible on SNL. I cringe every time Amy Poehler gets a new comedy gig on network TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts