Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:30 PM

895 posts, read 4,248,192 times

Advertisements

Just returned from spending my birthday lunch taking my four SMALL (under age 6) children to Chuck E. Cheese. That's where they wanted to take Mommy. Yeah--it's all about me today!! Wish our Chuck E. Cheese served some alcohol. I could have used a drink with all the kids running around, loud voices and the noise of all the games. We sat near the Wheel of Fortune game and I can't get the stupid theme song out of my head. Disney World is supposed to be the happiest place on earth...hasn't anyone noticed the amount of drinking going on at dinner after a day in the parks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,259 times
I have never noticed if our Chuck E Cheese sells beer but I don't think it's a huge deal. Adults can have a beer or two and let their kids play. It's not like they are getting hammered.
When we go out to pizza or dinner somewhere, usually my husband and I will order a cocktail or beer before our dinner. I see no difference.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I grew up going to bars with my dad. He use to take me to play pool and darts all the time. I dont see anything wrong with it.

If it was a rough bar where fights were happening and I could get hurt that would be one thing. But, these were local friendly bars where my dad and I could hang out and play pool. I dont see anything wrong with that and I turned out fine.

I dont see anything wrong with Chucky E. Cheese selling alcohol. Adults need to control themselves. People have to be held responsible for their actions. If we stopped selling everything that could potentially cause a problem we would eventually have nothing.

I am more concerned about the lack of healthy food options their than I am about the alcohol served.
Growing up in a smaller town, my folks took me to one of the neighborhood bars also. They were very good friends w/ the owners and some of the other regulars. lol, can recall sitting in the booth, my Snickers and a Pepsi... I too turned out not too shabby, what w/ the horrors of this experience ,,, heck, even worked on some of my Boy Scout merit badge projects while in there Seriously, every scenario is different - in my case, it was a quiet, family-type atmosphere place; pool table and darts and shuffle board, a bar, few tables and booths, durn good burgers, and friendship - yet, yes, there are bars and places that would NOT be suitable for a child; that is what is called being responsible, as RjRobb2 so very well put it above too.

As to Chuck E. Cheese - can say that have only been in there maybe twice; our boy childs haven't expressed much interest in going, and its not my cup of tea either. If have to go to a chain, we much more prefer Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday's, etc.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
Default Children and Bars...

Growing up in St. Louis, I also was taken into neighborhood 'bars with parents. Tables set out with red and white checkered tablecloths and us 'kids' would sit there drinking root beer and eating bags of Old Vienna potato chips while aunts, uncles, parents and neighbors would visit. 'Neighborhood', no driving! Walking back home across the street, down the street, on the streetcar, take a bus. Amazingly, I and others survived and never experienced anything but good times. Of course this was either before TV or while TV was in its infancy. These types of establishments generally took the place of a living room.

Remember also living with an aunt and uncle while my parents were in Chicago looking for a home when my dad was transferred. These relatives owned and operated a tavern in South St. Louis. Even had 3 & 4 piece 'bands' play there. I remember singing 'You Are My Sunshine' with them!

When my husband and I left St. Louis to move to a very rural area, we both had been good friends with an older man and his son who owned a tavern. Lovely place. Good food, friendly people and never, ever any disturbances there. Our two sons were with us many times over the years when we would stop there on the weekends. Both 'boys' are wonderful young men, great husbands and superb fathers. This experience never tarnished them at all. Responsibility.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:48 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
Just returned from spending my birthday lunch taking my four SMALL (under age 6) children to Chuck E. Cheese. That's where they wanted to take Mommy. Yeah--it's all about me today!! Wish our Chuck E. Cheese served some alcohol. I could have used a drink with all the kids running around, loud voices and the noise of all the games. We sat near the Wheel of Fortune game and I can't get the stupid theme song out of my head. Disney World is supposed to be the happiest place on earth...hasn't anyone noticed the amount of drinking going on at dinner after a day in the parks?
Having just returned from Disney with my kids, my nephew, and a friend's 2 kids (all but one under the age of 8) I'm all for a giant Margaritaville right outside the park, with babysitters of course!

Old 07-13-2008, 02:51 AM

956 posts, read 3,001,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post

What the h*ll is wrong with these so-called adults???
Seen the film Idiocracy?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM

895 posts, read 4,248,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Having just returned from Disney with my kids, my nephew, and a friend's 2 kids (all but one under the age of 8) I'm all for a giant Margaritaville right outside the park, with babysitters of course!

You're feeling my "pain"

Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,738 times
Like mentioned before you need a drink to put up with that place!! chucky is a drunk also,no?

Old 07-25-2008, 12:29 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
Poor Chuck is a 16-year-old kid in an incredibly smelly hot costume making minimum wage and getting kicked in the nuts by 9-year-olds who've never been chastised by their parents because they feel guilty for working 60 hours a week who think it's funny! LOL ... I knew a guy that did that for, oh I don't know, 3 months maybe?

Last edited by aragx6; 07-25-2008 at 08:43 PM..

Old 07-25-2008, 02:14 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,612 times
Heh I wonder what the turnover is in a place like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts