Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 02:05 AM

1,247 posts, read 584,680 times

Advertisements

Let me guess. The Force is the evil oppressive white heterosexual male patriarchy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2024, 01:59 PM

599 posts, read 229,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
There are only 3 Star Wars movies. No Star Wars movies were made after 1983. You are just having a bad dream. In my world, only 3 Star Wars movies were ever made. Rumors of other movies are just lowdown dirty lies.
There is one Star Wars movie. It was released in 1977. Everything afterward is fanfic.

Old 06-14-2024, 02:43 PM

Old 06-15-2024, 05:29 AM

14,814 posts, read 14,816,327 times
Quote:
There are only 3 Star Wars movies. No Star Wars movies were made after 1983. You are just having a bad dream. In my world, only 3 Star Wars movies were ever made. Rumors of other movies are just lowdown dirty lies.
Yeah…unfortunately they can only be found on VHS because George Lucas even found a way to ruin those through CGI editing before he sold off the franchise.

Old 06-15-2024, 08:42 AM

4,608 posts, read 5,514,605 times
Okay, I must admit, epsode 3 was terrible. TERRIBLE. Probably worse episode of all the Star Wars' universe tv shows. The acting, the chanting, the writing, everything was just not good at all. Already, we know that eventually both sisters will end up reuniting and fighting against whatever bad guy/gal who has trained Osha. I'll still give this show a shot and will watch the next episode. There is no way the next few episodes will be as bad as #3.

Old 06-19-2024, 01:12 AM

8,508 posts, read 13,622,244 times
I can't really comment on the last batch of SW movies because after seeing the one where Luke died, I lost all desire to see any more of them!

Old 06-22-2024, 07:38 PM

4,608 posts, read 5,514,605 times
At this point, I will continue to watch just to see if my prediction turns out to be true.

The sith baddie will kill all the jedi except for Sol and the young horned girl (who are actually the only interesting characters on the show).
The Jedi Wookie stayed on that planet because the witches took over his mind to have him attack the other Jedi. He feels bad about this.
The horned girl will pick up the Wookie Jedi's light saber and duel wield.
The MAIN bad Sith will be the horned witch mom who "carried" the Rick James twins.
There will be ridiculous and super corny play on "Luke I am your father" with the witch mom saying "Mae/Osha, I am your mother".
The lady who is the executive producer/creator's wife who plays the bad acting green Jedi chick will use her Light Whip to fight the witch mom and will end up being the hero of the show.....because...you know.....nepotism.

Old 06-22-2024, 08:01 PM

12,745 posts, read 6,643,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yeah…unfortunately they can only be found on VHS because George Lucas even found a way to ruin those through CGI editing before he sold off the franchise.
I had a DVD of the original Star Wars trilogy, but I gave it to my brother who couldn't stand the revised version. It bothered him more than it bothered me.

All I can say is "Han shot first!"

Old 06-24-2024, 10:22 AM

6,622 posts, read 11,392,757 times
Quote:
I had a DVD of the original Star Wars trilogy, but I gave it to my brother who couldn't stand the revised version. It bothered him more than it bothered me.

All I can say is "Han shot first!"
I believe if you have a version of these movies before 1997 - then you are in good shape. George started to mess with these for the 20th anniversary and on. I still have my Definitive Collection from the early 90's on LaserDisc. And those are "untouched" other than being "remastered" in terms of image and sound.

And I guess saying "Han shot first" means the same thing. But I'd say more accurately, it's "only Han shot".

All that said - while I agree that Episodes I-III and VII-IX were absolute trash, I thought Rogue One was great. And Solo was much better than people give credit for. I also really liked the Rebels cartoon series.

Old 06-25-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I thought Rogue One was great. And Solo was much better than people give credit for.
I agree. Those are umpteen times better than the Sequel Trilogy (which I freely admit I only watched to see what Carrie, Mark and Harrison would do). I thought Alden made a great young Han and should get another movie. They could adapt one of the novels.

TFA is very watchable, TLJ less so (until the end). TROS is a dumpster fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts