Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2022, 09:07 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I wouldn’t mind seeing a documentary mini-series showing what became of the actual real survivors and those who were involved in the rescue. Perhaps they could find journals and diaries of rescuers and survivors to give a glimpse of their mindset at the time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass...of_the_Titanic

There’s a section that gives a brief description about what happened to the survivors. A few of them were quite prolific, leading to more information being available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2022, 09:38 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Well they could make it about the sister ships britainic and the Olympic. Both of which served in the war as support ships when the britainic sunk it had more extensive damage more life boats and a thousand people were killed.

The Olympic which launched a few months before titanic was nicknamed old reliable the only of the three sisters that served long enough to find it's way to the scrap yard.

There is tons of stuff to make movies about.
Only 30 people were lost on the Britannic. Of course, she was running empty (i.e. no passengers) when she sunk. If she had been heading the other way, loaded with hospital patients being evacuated back to England, the results would have been catastrophic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
How about a movie about another historical vessel that sank. It’s not like there’s a shortage of ships to choose from. In WW1, there was the Lusitania and Britannic (which was Titanic’s sister).
I'd go with the Morro Castle myself. It has it all. High society. Poorer classes. The suspicious death of the captain right before the fire. A big storm. A fire that sweeps the vessel. Allegations that the fire was due to arson. Bravery. Cowardice. It'd make a great movie.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:51 AM

2,282 posts, read 1,581,693 times
No to Titanic 2 even if from different people's accounts.
same ship, same ending. Kind of like politics and media. Same rants, same opinions.

Old 07-24-2022, 03:13 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,606,099 times
Titanic 2!

That's pretty funny. Maybe if it is a zombie movie it might work.

Actually with Tarantino recently doing alternate fantasy endings to historical events he could remake it: just missing the iceberg but with Jack fighting one of the German Kaiser's spies on it, then barely scrambling back onto the ship while the spy drifts out to sea on the berg. Then everybody falls in love as the ship steams into NY harbor with fireworks over Lady Liberty while Jack & Rose kiss. I like the zombie idea better.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:48 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post

My eyes want to glaze over every time I hear this silly assertion. Studios are awash in ideas, more than ever before in the digital age in which anyone can prepare a spec script and shop it.
Each of the Big 5 take in and actually look at dozens of scripts - or just pitches - per day. You don't want to be the assistant who held the Next Big Thing and passed on it.

Quote:
Hollywood isn't in the 'let's be original!' business. Hollywood is in the 'let's make money!' business.
Bingo. And with a tentpole movie easily being a 2-300 million investment these days, people look after a reasonably certain ROI. Hollywood is like a dancer who talks about artistic expression and avant-garde ballet, yet mysteriously always seem to pay her bills with singles.

Quote:
Those profits generate the $s that get spread around into more speculative ventures. After all, the less a film's budget the greater then the potential proportional return on the investment.
SO true. Every studio dreams of landing the Paranormal Activity deal.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:49 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Titanic 2!

That's pretty funny. Maybe if it is a zombie movie it might work.

Actually with Tarantino recently doing alternate fantasy endings to historical events he could remake it: just missing the iceberg but with Jack fighting one of the German Kaiser's spies on it, then barely scrambling back onto the ship while the spy drifts out to sea on the berg. Then everybody falls in love as the ship steams into NY harbor with fireworks over Lady Liberty while Jack & Rose kiss. I like the zombie idea better.
Are you in the biz? That right there is an elevator pitch if I ever heard one.

Old 06-03-2023, 08:43 AM

248 posts, read 123,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Not a Titanic II necessarily, but the character Rose Dawson would be interesting to include in a movie that illustrates her life.

Remember, Rose is a totally fictional character, which removes the restraint of the real-life history of Molly Brown and other documented historical people. In the film, we see Rose grow through Jack's advice; from a protected young high society lady living in a birdcage, into an independent woman who wants to ride horses astride, fly an aircraft, "spit like a man," and otherwise experience the life that lies ahead of everybody at that age. As the photos on her nightstand at the end of Titanic demonstrate she did.

I think a biographical film of the character Rose Dawson would be fascinating, and would make a good sequel to the original movie. Only thing is, the subsequent film should not carry Titanic in the title. In other words, no Titanic II: Rose's Boogaloo; but rather something like The Story of Rose Dawson or Rose Dawson: Her Life through Moving Pictures. Make it clear in the marketing that this Rose Dawson is the same as Titanic's Rose Dawson, and it's about her years between the actual sinking and the Titanic movie, and I think you'd have a success.
I would love a movie about Rose's post-Titanic life! The photo montage of her that they scrolled though at the end of Titanic showed that she had a lot of interesting experiences. I'd like to know more about the husband she eventually married and had a family with. I'd like to see the fall of her abusive ex-fiancee when the stock market crashed. I'd like to know how her mother fared after Rose rejected their meal ticket, if she lost her place in society, whether or not she and Rose were estranged or if she dropped the facade of wealth and propriety to have a real relationship with her daughter...

Old 06-03-2023, 10:06 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
I suppose they could do a prequel. The story of the building of the Titanic, up to the launch with all the hoopla about how safe the ship was. The construction is a story of horrible mistakes and greed. A good writer could do a lot with that.

Or how about a horror movie? The ghosts of the people drowned on Titanic come to the surface and haunt ships and chase sailors around like zombies. The movie could have lots of explosions.

They pretty much killed the idea of a sequel by killing off the main character (the ship)

Old 06-05-2023, 12:40 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Titanic With A Cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEPfM3jSoBw

Old 06-05-2023, 01:00 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,037,151 times
How about this one. Rose becomes a nurse in WW1 and serves about the hospital ship Britannic. There she meets a wounded young solder whom she recognizes as Jack but he swears he's someone else and never met her. Then the Britannic strikes a mine and sinks but she survives again. Two alternate endings -- the young soldier saves her and he survives for them to get married and live happily ever after (ha ha) or the young soldier saves her but sacrifices his life to do it ... who was he? And for fun, when she's helped out of the lifeboat, we see Jack/soldier reaching out to give her a hand up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts