Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:10 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post

The fact that people know more about their favorite singer than they do about their Senator is disgusting. Unless you a kid I understand, but maybe even kids should be taught more about the real world.

Putting your hand out and screaming as if Zeus the God came down to Earth to save you from all your pains, seriously weird culture we have.
I hate politics and love music so knowing more about the singer than the senator is not the same as being the type who would "scream as if Zeus the God came down to Earth to save you from all your pains"

I do try to pay attention to the politics when I can and occasionally discuss it but music is a far more important medium than you realize. The only thing I need to know about the senator is can he/she help me be independent and the reality is most of them can't fix what is important or don't want to. A lot of politicians are greedy. At best they are incompetent. Why pay attention to many of them? On the other hand it's nice to know about musicians as I connect more with them than other people since I am more into creativity than logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 02:16 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times
I think Michael is on a level higher than any of them though. He could fill up venues anywhere in the free world...anywhere people could have access to his music even if they had no grasp of the english language.

I remember bingeing on MTV all day during the days that followed his death and they were showing an old clip where he was at some press conference just after winning some big award or whatever and he had on his red leather V suit and those big Aviators. It took a good while for the crowd to stop screaming just so he could talk.... Well the first thing he says is something to the effect of. "People always ask me why I wear sunglasses to things like this (press conferences) and wonder why i do it...it is because I'm shy and not because I'm cocky or anything. But i did promise that if I made it up here again for this award that id take my sunglasses off.."

And no sooner had he said this and had only so much as reached up to take them off...the crowd goes berserk, i mean just straight off the rails pandemonium. They screamed so loud it dried the mics out, all you could hear for a second or two was just that high pitch sizzling sound as they peaked.

I was so overwhelmed. He wasn't singing and he wasn't dancing. All that boy had to do was take his shades off and people would come unglued.

There will never be another star like him.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:26 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,927,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Beatles. The girls would all scream and faint.
Beatles concerts were also known for smelling like urine from all the teen girls peeing themselves.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:58 PM

658 posts, read 847,538 times
I really don't believe it has anything to do with people exalting such celebrities at all or them having no life.
Maybe it's as simple as being super excited to see one of your favorite artists performing that it overwhelms you.

Hell, I can't lie. If I were lucky enough to have seen Michael Jackson,a musical genius, live in color, I might have screamed and cried myself.

Or really knowing me, I would have stood still, staring in awe as everyone else passes out and screams around me.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:38 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
People don't faint because they are at a concert or watching a certain performance. They faint because they are excited, hyperventilating, raised heartbeat, basically physically and mentally overexcited. It's the same reason people faint at weddings or functions or seeing someone they haven't seen in a long time or where there is a lot of emotional energy.
As for the crying it's a result of a human emotion. People cry when they are happy also not just sad. I went to see a friend who was in the hospital. It was a 4 hour drive for me. One way. When I got there I surprised him, we started talking and he started getting flushed and tearing up. He just got very emotional.

I think MJ was a great entertainer. While I didn't follow his type of music, I have listened to it and there are songs I liked. I think he was a target for a lot of people due to his fame and money. Really a sad day for music when that guy died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts