Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

I'm watching less TV because the shows I like have only 13 week seasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,368,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm watching less TV because the shows I like have only 13 week seasons.
As is case with cable programs (like Nurse jackie, with only 10 eps. this season)-
or UK series that have only 6 shows per season (aaargh-but I love them anyway).
So, that's less tv in a literal (# of hours) sense,
compared with American "broadcast" channels that have a season of 20+ eps. each year.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 PM

17 posts, read 10,415 times
Yes, I watch a lot less television now.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times
I watch less TV because there really isn't anything worth watching. In a 24 hour period, I listen to more music than I watch television in a month.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,029 times
As far as youtube goes, I am finding myself listening to less music overall and from my collection specifically. Nearly gone are the days I would spend the time kicking back and listen to a whole cd, now I youtube a couple of songs and I'm good.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Basically i'm watching much less tv due to the sheer number of commercials i'm subjected to.
I'll watch Youtube on occasion if theres something very specific i want to watch.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:53 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,409,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGravitas View Post
I love YouTube!!!!

There are literally millions, if not billions, of videos. Thus far, I've watched documentaries, interviews, movies, debates, video reviews, etc. You name it, and I've probably seen it. I have learned a lot from such videos, and they've broadened my horizons in unimaginable ways.

I now find that I'm watching a lot less television, and I'm considering eliminating cable--and only using antennae tv, which offers the basics.

What about you? Do you find that the Internet, namely YouTube, has made you watch less television?

I had a digital cable/internet package in the past, between approximately 2007 and early 2010. I'm glad I had the luxury for a while, because now I know for a fact that I actually use very little of it. I only watched a few channels over and over (TLC, BBC America, A&E.. maybe one or two others). I had Starz and Encore, and would just watch movies that I'd seen before. For instance, if "Back To The Future" was on, I'd watch that late at night, just because it was on. I had a DVR too, which was a very convenient feature. But it's nothing I can't live without.

I plan to move in the near-future (like within a year) and I'm not sure which way I'm going to go as far as my in-home entertainment. I was thinking internet & Netflix... something like that. Maybe a basic cable package of some sort. I don't know yet.

I agree, I've watched so many interesting movies, documentaries, etc. on YouTube. Time are changing, that's for sure. TV is almost obsolete. But it is STILL kind of nice to have a TV sometimes. Like when major news stories break. I much prefer to turn on CNN/Anderson Cooper than turn to the internet.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:00 AM

27 posts, read 31,594 times
I can say yes, somewhere yes because of youtube watching tv, has become less.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,156,856 times
No, I am watching MORE TV because of YouTube.

I haven't owned a TV in over a decade but over the last year or so I've found that I can watch all sorts of TV shows, documentaries and so on via YouTube.

In fact getting into some TV shows online has made me think that maybe I ought to get a TV....

Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 AM

536 posts, read 829,960 times
My favorite thing on YouTube is music videos. My computer has a killer sound system. When it comes to sitting down at the computer and watching something long like a show, movie, documentary, whatever then I just can't do it. I would rather watch that kind of stuff on my big screen HDTV.

I have never downloaded anything from torrents either. I pay for my HBO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts