Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
nmnita wrote;

Yes, YOU particularly know how I feel! I feel it necessary to call out people who post such idiocy as someone who says they're going to support a couple of candidates that they obviously know nothing about.

In fact, Obama HAS cut taxes. Since it's "a new one" to you, I guess it would be more than you thinK. But maybe not more than you thinG.
and can you tell us where he has cut taxes?

It is sad when someone wants to support a candidatae they know nothing about, I think millions did about 18 months ago..As for Newt and Romney, I do not support either, but I also do not blast anyone who does nor do I choose to call the idiots!!!

It is a free country and there are reasons we have elections. I wonder if you as big "know it all" on the golf course?
Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,514,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and can you tell us where he has cut taxes?

It is sad when someone wants to support a candidatae they know nothing about, I think millions did about 18 months ago..As for Newt and Romney, I do not support either, but I also do not blast anyone who does nor do I choose to call the idiots!!!

It is a free country and there are reasons we have elections. I wonder if you as big "know it all" on the golf course?
Nita
$400 tax credit to 95% of working Americans last year and this year

Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,457,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
But you'll get Palin.... God help us all.
I don't think she'll run. I honestly don't. First off, there's no way she would ever win (so I actually hope she does run!) But secondly, I don't think she wants to hold public office. She has found another sort of power. Candidates find her support valuable, so she can play kingmaker.

I'm gonna bet Romney is the candidate. And it'll be close, but Obama will win.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,084,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep, he is on my list as well.

Nita
Yeah, me too. Have to check him out a little bit more but he's actually worth checking out. I want to see how he treats ALL of Texas, not just the big cities. That's what I plan to check out with every candidate...which ones have a clue about suburban and rural America. I think the Republican Party likes to tamp him down, too, which makes me want to look at him even more.

He could actually fly air force one, himself.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,803,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The only two who fit that are Newt and Mitt.
Even mentioning Newt is pretty desperate. Where's dan quayle when you need him? Folks who haven't the self discipline and require morality be legislated upon them are barely responsible citizens let along qualified for office. A candidate with a lifelong history of bankruptcy and daddy bail outs- do your best not to insult our intelligence with that BS again.

Last but not least... One more chicken hawk out of you and I expect open season will be declared. Your buddy cut VA services to those with 401k plans they were ineligible to draw from. He also ordered a special math to include the value of their homes as 'income' (go on, use it as an ATM in mortgage market ). Can we call it suicidal tendencies when too many would have a better health care and pension plan in prison if they went along with your version where the 'free market' ought to correct itself?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:08 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,691,387 times
He only man could have beaten Obama in 2008 can beat him in 2012 just get rid of those neocons running the party nominations so you have a real choice. America is sending a message and we can get all the independents!!!!

Ron Paul is the only republican who actually is a conservative and and get the independent vote and even some the fringe democrats on the side of liberty.

Survey: Ron Paul even with Obama in hypothetical 2012 race - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,493,480 times
Romney /Brown wins in 2012 by 2m votes,as in Bush- Kerrey 2004...

Old 04-15-2010, 04:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
He only man could have beaten Obama in 2008 can beat him in 2012 just get rid of those neocons running the party nominations so you have a real choice. America is sending a message and we can get all the independents!!!!

Ron Paul is the only republican who actually is a conservative and and get the independent vote and even some the fringe democrats on the side of liberty.

Survey: Ron Paul even with Obama in hypothetical 2012 race - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com
you have a point but there are two problems, I have at a meeting earlier this morning where this very subject came up. One problem, he isn't personally liked so would have trouble getting the party support and he is about 5 to 10 years too old. Let's see how things so with his son?

Nita

Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
They said Reagan was too old, too.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,514,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They said Reagan was too old, too.
Reagan was 69 when he was first elected, 73 when he was re-elected. Paul will be 77 in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections