Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 AM

793 posts, read 3,124,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Agreed stuntman, you gotta give tancredo credit he had the guts to get up and say he would stop all immigration! YIKES!! I love most libertarian principles, in this case it is not the message but the messenger!

1. TANCREDO FOR PRESIDENT!!!
2. Yes, "libertarian principles". You hit it on the head. A full-fledged libertarian? Whatever that means.... any more than no one seems to know what the hell a Republican or a Democrat is any more. Perhaps we can ask for the definition supplied by self-proclaimed "libertarian" Bill Maher and his entourage of moonbats- hey come to think of it, isn't Ron Paul one of Maher's butt-buddies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 AM

9,897 posts, read 10,846,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Great post but I would be willing to bet Tom Tancredo and his one issue would be better for this country then any of the Dems in the race.
I will agree with that sprinter, and he did answer YES,without any hesitation when they were all asked if they would pardon Libby, he's independent and hes got stones, I'll give him that, I honestly need to look at his record!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,705,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
And please don't tell me Ron Paul emulates Republican principles. I'll tear down that argument faster than the lightning struck down during last night's debate.
I'll take you up on that. Though I disagree with him on the Iraq war, I believe that he does stand more for the Republican principles of the Goldwater era than the other candidates.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:57 PM

793 posts, read 3,124,997 times
Some of Ron Paul's votes...
NO: capping damages & setting time limits in medical lawsuits
NO: prohibiting lawsuits about obesity against food manufacturers
NO: nationwide AMBER alert system
NO: creating a law where it is a crime to harm a fetus during another crime
NO: restricting interstate transport of minors to receive abortions
NO: more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime but...
YES: funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons
YES: provide $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers

Jan., 2007: announces he is opposed to the death penalty
Dec., 2002-2007: 60-67% rating by the ACLU-that is high, higher than the likes of Hillary Clinton which is not something I'd be promoting as a "Republican"

-Paul's votes regarding foreign policy are frightening at times, I don't care what everyone's views of our world-wide role should be and how "neo-con" any individual views the entire Republican party beyond Bush and his gang. My favorite for example: NO! on deterring foreign arms transfers to China just less than two years ago.

Paul may be a Goldwater in terms of separating himself from the religious zealots in the party, but he is still no Goldwater, and certainly no Reagan for that matter.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Dec., 2002-2007: 60-67% rating by the ACLU-that is high, higher than the likes of Hillary Clinton which is not something I'd be promoting as a "Republican"

-Paul's votes regarding foreign policy are frightening at times, I don't care what everyone's views of our world-wide role should be and how "neo-con" any individual views the entire Republican party beyond Bush and his gang. My favorite for example: NO! on deterring foreign arms transfers to China just less than two years ago.

Paul may be a Goldwater in terms of separating himself from the religious zealots in the party, but he is still no Goldwater, and certainly no Reagan for that matter.
WOW, I knew he was flaky and looked like jack kevorkian but this is substance! Amaznjohn , I would be interested in hearing your input, I recognize & respect your opinion on all things libertarian!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,732,622 times
I didn't get to watch the debate last night, but I agree, I'm glad to see Tancredo has a bit of support. I'd vote for him too if only it weren't so obvious he will not win.

Thing is, I don't know why some of you people are going to vote Democrat. Have you seen the ratings of Congress lately? remember, controlled by democrats and THEY HAVE THE LOWEST APPROVAL RATING BY THE AMERICAN PEOPLE since, well....ever? What makes you think they are going to do anything in the White House?

Now, I don't mind if Hillary Clinton wins as I think she's more Republican than the others, but as long as Edwards and Obama do not win.

I'm not as hard core about the presidential elections anyways because I believe that every president is pretty much the same. There is not much of a difference. After ever war era, there is a peace president. It's normal--law of probability. The deciding factors come from the House, imho.

For those of you talking about Ron Paul...I believe he is strong on illegal immigration. As a matter of fact, I think he is called a racist by the open border crowd. I'll need to double check this.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:00 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,473,709 times
Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo has my interest. I wouldn't even consider McCain or Guiliani (social RHINOs) Romney, I don't believe his sudden about face on key issues.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,907,638 times
Quote:

That's actually a great voting record if you're against Big Brother federal government and pro personal liberties and responsibilities.

Keep in mind, the ACLU is out to protect YOUR liberties, liberties you have by right, from infringement by the federal and other governments. You and I may not agree on all the stances they take, but in the majority, they're acting to keep government out of your life.

The fascist talking heads we have in the rightist media outlets would like you to believe that the Republican way is the only way and we should just trust the Republicans to do what is right in every way and everything and look what that has brought us.

Beware what those talking heads say because they most assuredly represent a power base who would rather you surrender your reason and intellect to them rather than think for yourself.

"Just three hours a day," is all you need to be brainwashed, not necessarily informed.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
That's actually a great voting record if you're against Big Brother federal government and pro personal liberties and responsibilities.

Keep in mind, the ACLU is out to protect YOUR liberties, liberties you have by right, from infringement by the federal and other governments. You and I may not agree on all the stances they take, but in the majority, they're acting to keep government out of your life.

The fascist talking heads we have in the rightist media outlets would like you to believe that the Republican way is the only way and we should just trust the Republicans to do what is right in every way and everything and look what that has brought us.

Beware what those talking heads say because they most assuredly represent a power base who would rather you surrender your reason and intellect to them rather than think for yourself.

"Just three hours a day," is all you need to be brainwashed, not necessarily informed.
You might want to cut back a bit, on what ever it is your watching!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,702,642 times
We live in the most imprisoned country on earth. Yet are we lacking in more funding to build more prisons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections