Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,781,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Views are sharply divided when it comes to this year's congressional elections, as almost equal numbers of voters say they want each of the two major political parties to win. Looking to the next presidential election, slightly more people say they would vote for someone else rather than vote to re-elect President Obama.
Source: FOXNews.com - Fox News Poll: Voters Split On Congressional Elections

I don't want to hear any Republicans complaining about the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 AM

20,186 posts, read 23,904,879 times
HUH?? Do you even read what you are posting?? You need to go back to school and learn English all over again...

"...slightly more people say they would vote for someone else..."

Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,864,601 times
For the first time in our monthly 2012 polling Obama trails a match up- down 45-44 against Huck
Public Policy Polling: 2012 Presidential Poll

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,418,489 times
Um. Buddy? That's not what the poll results say....

Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Did you read your own link?

"All in all, 47 percent of Americans say they would vote for someone else rather than re-electing President Obama, up from 31 percent in April."

"Moreover, the number saying they would "definitely" vote to re-elect Obama has declined -- going from 37 percent in April to 26 percent in October to 23 percent in the new poll."

Plus they also only polled Obama against Newt ( which has no chance anyway)
Romney and Palin

Old 01-26-2010, 08:57 AM

Did anyone bother to read the full article before commenting.

If you all had bothered too you would have noticed,
Quote:
In hypothetical head-to-head matchups, President Obama tops each of the Republican candidates tested.
By 47 percent to 35 percent Obama bests former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The president has an even wider edge over former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin (55 percent to 31 percent), and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (53 percent to 29 percent).

So my title is correct because polls show Obama beating a Republican in 2012. In the future I would appreciate if you all read my articles before commenting, because if you don't you end up looking like an idiot.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Did anyone bother to read the full article before commenting.

If you all had bothered too you would have noticed,

So my title is correct because polls show Obama beating a Republican in 2012. In the future I would appreciate if you all read my articles before commenting, because if you don't you end up looking like an idiot.
It was polled Obama against Newt, Romney and Palin that isnt all the republicans there is. You are trying to be general and say Obama can beat all republicans when it only polled can Obama beat 3 specific republicans

There is a poll I posted that says Huckabee can beat Obama

Old 01-26-2010, 09:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,574,208 times
Quote:
Source: FOXNews.com - Fox News Poll: Voters Split On Congressional Elections

I don't want to hear any Republicans complaining about the source.
How about reading the quote you posted and renaming the thread? It says just the opposite of your title.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It was polled Obama against Newt, Romney and Palin that isnt all the republicans there is. You are trying to be general and say Obama can beat all republicans when it only polled can Obama beat 3 specific republicans

There is a poll I posted that says Huckabee can beat Obama
I didnt make the poll Fox did. According to Fox's poll Obama would beat a Republican in 2012. If its too general take it up with them. I'm just posting the poll and interpreting the results of this Poll. I personally don't pay attention to polls. What does bother me is how people on this forum comment on articles without reading them. Basically everyone besides myself, and Jadex who it appears did actually read the article, made assumptions off the quote I had. You can't rely on one quote to explain a article. Its a foolish thing to do.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:48 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,574,208 times
Quote:
I didnt make the poll Fox did. According to Fox's poll Obama would beat a Republican in 2012. If its too general take it up with them. I'm just posting the poll and interpreting the results of this Poll. I personally don't pay attention to polls. What does bother me is how people on this forum comment on articles without reading them. Basically everyone besides myself, and Jadex who it appears did actually read the article, made assumptions off the quote I had. You can't rely on one quote to explain a article. Its a foolish thing to do.
And one can't rely on you to make sense. Why post a quote that belies what you are claiming in your post, claiming it says one thing and when called on it, change what you say it means?

Sounds like trolling to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections