Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
You sound very bitter and angry

Sour grapes anyone?

What intelligent and worthy solutions have the Dems come up with to solve the nations problems in the last 30 yrs?

(cough... NONE....)

I think it was more the Wine she drank, that was pretty sour. Sour Grapes Sour Wine Very Sour Person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its funny... Howard Dean blamed Bush for the loss in Mass... so weird.. what does Bush have to do with the Mass. election... Some democrats have already started using that line (and its sad to see them say something so pathetic)... I guess they had to blame the Repubs for their loss to take away the drama of them blaming each other...

The Demquacks are actually pathetic, They Dug there own Graves now let them lie in it.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hard to take huh?

Nita

I guess they haven't heard, People don't believe any more in Obama. He promised Hope and Change, and now people are digging in there pockets to find change.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
When you say Obama will prevail are you implying that the heathcare bill is still going to pass in it's current form? You know that's almost impossible right?

I think president Obama will probably end up abandoning the heathcare bill and concentrate on the economy. Healthcare is more of a democratic pet project than a crisis. Sure healthcare could use some reforming but it's hardly a crisis. Unemployment has risen steadily since Obama took office. I'm not saying it's his fault but rather that the economy should be Obama's primary objective right now.

As far as republicans being irrelavant? That's just ridiculous. Yesterdays election results prove that.

Alexus should know that everything has changed! People don't buy into his lies any more. His goose is cooked, and he had better find a way to fix it. All of a sudden the things he should of cared about, we will proboably be hearing about. He has screwed things up. And People's President he is not.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Alexus should know that everything has changed! People don't buy into his lies any more. His goose is cooked, and he had better find a way to fix it. All of a sudden the things he should of cared about, we will proboably be hearing about. He has screwed things up. And People's President he is not.
He should know, but he doesn't seem to. He is hates the Republicans so much, he can't accept that maybe America sees things in a different light than he does..

Nita

Old 01-23-2010, 05:04 PM

119 posts, read 197,153 times
I don't have time to read this whole thread but if I had to spend every hour of every day protecting my family from harm, so much so that I couldn't go out and earn a living to support them I would do it.

If that is all the Republicans can do, protect us from the OTHER wackos then they are good enough for me.

Hell, if they can keep things at a standstill until we the people decide what we want instead of just constantly giving the other terrible side a chance to ruin things then we are in somewhat decent shape.

I can tell you that we as a country will never follow the liberals unless every child is brainwashed at school. Unfortunately for the liberals, kids don't learn much of anything at school except how to put a condom on a banana.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
I don't have time to read this whole thread but if I had to spend every hour of every day protecting my family from harm, so much so that I couldn't go out and earn a living to support them I would do it.

If that is all the Republicans can do, protect us from the OTHER wackos then they are good enough for me.

Hell, if they can keep things at a standstill until we the people decide what we want instead of just constantly giving the other terrible side a chance to ruin things then we are in somewhat decent shape.

I can tell you that we as a country will never follow the liberals unless every child is brainwashed at school.
Quote:
Unfortunately for the liberals, kids don't learn much of anything at school except how to put a condom on a banana.
I would only hope that they don't spend an entire semester teaching these kids how to put a condom on a banana.
But....a quality Liberal education DOES take time, I suppose.

So....I believe the OP really meant that it is.....Liberal ideology that STINKS.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 AM

119 posts, read 197,153 times
No, they don't spend that much time on that subject. That is just the only subject the kids pay attention to. In between texting each other and sleeping because they played PS3 all night.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:00 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
No, they don't spend that much time on that subject. That is just the only subject the kids pay attention to. In between texting each other and sleeping because they played PS3 all night.
Yep.....and as a result, we have a public school system that has become NOTHING but a big daycare for the kids thesedays.

They sure ain't getting an education that could ever come close with what is needed to compete globally and with foreigners who get a far better education with far LESS funding.

It's a sick joke in America.....but, that's the price we pay when we decide we will leave "No child behind."

Let's keep dumbing down this country......it's worked out so well for over 40 years.
But hey.....they make damn sure these kids all know how to use and be amused, with a condom.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Sorry Repubs, but nothing has changed in regards to your inability to come up with solutions to the nation's problems and serve as mere constructionists when you are no longer relevant. You did give us Bush.

"Take back the country"? Get real. President Obama will prevail even with this win whose significance is exaggerated by you desperado regressives.
Alexus,
Looks like you are trying to convince yourself and not doing a good job at that. I am one of those wishing Obama success and am hopping he can fix the situation, but in the coming elections, republicans may be elected even without suggesting new solutions to the nation's illnesses. Just read the posts above and you'll find that for many, keeping things as they are is good enough. Do not underestimate conservatives.
The worst is that we are so galvanized politically that any bi-partisan agreement became impossible. Everything is so fluid that even a single vote can change everything. That is bad, since Obama doesn't want/need to legislate a health care system for democrats and one for republicans. An economy for democrats and one for republicans. We need one solution acceptable by the majority of Americans.

Last edited by oberon_1; 01-24-2010 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections