Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,964,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Republican Senator Jim Bunning is close to doing something that would be devastating to the Republican party...

He may resign his senate seat before 2010, and his state has a Democratic governor (hmmmmm- wonder if the governor would appoint another Repub??? NOT!!!).

The RNC does not believe Bunning can win his 2010 re-election bid (he's probably not alone - I imagine a good number of the 19 Repugs up for re-election are at-risk).

They are pressuring him to not run... and are dropping hints that the RNC will NOT back him if he does - meaning NO MONEY...

Bunning is considering a) sueing the RNC, or b) resigning from office

It's actually getting to be fun watching the Republican party self-destruct!!

Some say Bunning, in frustration, hinted he may quit GOP seat | courier-journal | The Courier-Journal
I think it's a good thing. This next 4 years will be the last we see of the Dems in office. What will they do when we are in complete ruins? Blame Bush? You think people were tired of Bush? Wait till the end of the Obama term if the people can stomach it that long before they revolt and throw all those clowns out of office. I kind of looking forward to see how this all plays out and in the mean time I want to see how much free stuff I qualify for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,632,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I think it's a good thing. This next 4 years will be the last we see of the Dems in office. What will they do when we are in complete ruins? Blame Bush? You think people were tired of Bush? Wait till the end of the Obama term if the people can stomach it that long before they revolt and throw all those clowns out of office. I kind of looking forward to see how this all plays out and in the mean time I want to see how much free stuff I qualify for
I've been thinking the same thing!!! It's almost entertaining each day to watch Obama slowly self-destruct with his 'help the welfare/poor/my people-agenda'!!!!!

He'll almost definitely be OUTTA the WH come Jan. 2012. Can't come soon enough for me.

In the meantime, I drive around with my 3 anti-Obama car stickers to get the message out quicker. It's funny, while at lights, the ppl in cars around me are stretching out their necks like ostriches trying to read my anti-Obama stickers. I love watching that.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:37 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,963,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post

He'll almost definitely be OUTTA the WH come Jan. 2012. Can't come soon enough for me.
NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Good news? We just passed the largest pork package in history with more to follow. 900 mill to clean up israels mess?
Question: Where we getting the money to pay for all this?Me I am old fashioned. I don't count money until its in my hand. Isn't counting future money whats really buried us?
The same place we obtained the money for Bush's 1 Trillion Dollar Iraq fiasco.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Wow! If you truly believe this dribble you are living in a fantasy World.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I've been thinking the same thing!!! It's almost entertaining each day to watch Obama slowly self-destruct with his 'help the welfare/poor/my people-agenda'!!!!!

In the meantime, I drive around with my 3 anti-Obama car stickers to get the message out quicker. It's funny, while at lights, the ppl in cars around me are stretching out their necks like ostriches trying to read my anti-Obama stickers. I love watching that.

What self destruction are you talking about? He's been in office a little over a Month and has the same high approval ratings as when he took office.

Your right wing hissy fits are not working...................Call Joe The Plumber.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What self destruction are you talking about? He's been in office a little over a Month and has the same high approval ratings as when he took office.

Your right wing hissy fits are not working...................Call Joe The Plumber.
I doubt even Joe the Plumber could help now - and he is the most persuasive Republican out there now...

I think this is a job for Mighty Mouse!!! He was a Republican, right???

Even with all the above - they will continue to throw their hissy-fits adnauseum for the next 8 years of Obama...

I actually find most of their posts to be funny!!!

It's funny to think how frustrated and empty some people feel because their side lost!!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:59 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times
Quote:

Don't worry, he'll never get elected.....

Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,617,275 times
Quote:
I kind of looking forward to see how this all plays out and in the mean time I want to see how much free stuff I qualify for
Odd how the Conservatives love to tout the "free stuff" and mention often how they can't wait to get the "free stuff".

Interesting.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,245,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the American people.
You bet. They voted for the war criminal, corporate wh@re Bush TWICE! His policies have now effectively bankrupted us. And of course the right wing America hating neocons are just downright gleeful at watching O struggle with the problems he inherited. They'd like nothing better than to see him fail even if it means America fails. Talk about putting America last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections