Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:21 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
List of U.S. states by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is all the information you need to understand why the map posted in the OP displays the results shown. If you will refer to the link posted you will see that the large majority of states shown to have lower education levels in their citizenry also have the highest populations in the country. The states that don't fall under that catagory are states notorious for their poor living conditions and sub standard education systems. States like W. Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee which are already known for their lack of educational prowess. Basically the illustration just repeats information that we already know.

Using these numbers as a base for the argument that right wingers are dumb would not be accurate at all because as I have pointed out, most of the areas with a high concentration of lower education also have the higher concentration of population. So one would expect the numbers to be higher in these areas due to the fact that there are just more people living there. Also, when you look at the map in comparison to the link you will see that most of the areas in the white zone are some of the least populated states in the union. Wyoming was nearly completely white, but that may be due to the fact that they have the lowest population of any state in the union. So short of just trying to reinforce your own bias towards people on the other side of the political spectrum, this illustration really proves nothing.
I agree.
Furthermore it seems to me that there is no clear correlation between the 2 maps. South Texas is heavily Democratic - and low education, while Appalachia is heavily GOP - and low education.

Ignorance and low education levels exists on both sides - on the Democratic side it's mostly in the inner cities and on the GOP side it's out in the boondocks.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 PM

404 posts, read 561,433 times
Left-Wing(nuts) = Hatred

Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,961,252 times

YouTube - Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!

/thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:13 PM

503 posts, read 938,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee69 View Post
Left-Wing(nuts) = Hatred
Nicely stated, you get a rep

Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
I think she meant that Obama would fix the economy, create jobs etc therefore she could better afford to pay for gas and a mortgage, of course I know you right wingnuts would never see it that way....

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,852,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-vegas View Post
Nicely stated, you get a rep
Wow you have really low standards. I guess your hate for Obama has to do with an inferiority complex?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:47 PM

492 posts, read 962,703 times
! ! ! WoW ! ! ! Michigan. Who'd have thought it? I guess that's why they have all those unions and unemployed.

And Nevada. Who'd a thought an education would turn ya into a hooker?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Right-Wing(nuts) = Dumb?

There's really no need to use a question mark...I think we all know the truth.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:10 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,521,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Right-Wing(nuts) = Dumb?

There's really no need to use a question mark...I think we all know the truth.
Judging by anything you post, you help make a strong case for the Democrat party being the intellectually inferior party.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,546,382 times
Face it, in order to vote for such remarkably bad politicians like George W. Bush, Dick Cheney,and Sarah Palin, to say nothing of other Republicans equally as bad shows that you have to be ignorant to begin with.

No question that conservatives are the anti-science, pro-war crowd, which reveals their lack of intellect and inability to think for themselves.

Americans are likely among the most ignorant of the industrialized countries of the Western world, and conservatives make up the bulk of this group.

When their President cant even speak English, it kind of gives it away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections