Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times

Advertisements

well we have had a dick tator (nixon)
schwart zen egger (arnold)
but now we gota bush wacker
its getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 09:30 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,307,055 times
Obama will start wearing his Beret as soon as next week!

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,307,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... just can't let it go, can ya?

Look, people the man hasn't been in office a good month yet, and you STILL can't stop crying about President Obama.
Stop saying he won by race, because several blacks have run for office (I feel like a broken record saying this...) and they didn't make it. Why? Because AMERICA didn't see them as presidential material. Hell I'm black and there's NO WAY I'd ever vote for Jesse Jackson. Experience means less than it did. Why? Because we had a president that had experience, but didn't work out too well.

And for the love of God, stop saying America's ruined now that Obama is president. THE COUNTRY IS ALREADY SCREWED UP!!! Don't you see that? 95% of the world hates us, the economy is terrible, more people have seperated themeselves from eachother because of these stupid party lables.... and all this existed BEFORE Obama became prez.
When will he get impeached???
Spending will only cause debt and inflation!
Create jobs, yea right.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,125,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In a news story just reported, Obama had met today with members of both parties to brainstorm about the economy and how best to stimulate it. As usual, the Democrats talked about a "rebate" or stimulus of $500. The Republicans, on the other hand, suggested cutting the tax rates (the smarter way to go in my opinion).

Obama has said that he was willing to listen to all arguments, partisan pollitics asside. Oh really?

Of course, when the vote came, the Democrats won. I guess there was still some discussion and arguing going on, but Obama said "End of discussion, I won".

I'm not liking what I see here one bit. This man is everything we feared.
I just adore the paranoia of the right.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:58 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,585,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Create jobs, yea right.
Get real... NO ONE is going to impeach a President who can take an economic catastrophe that he inherited (from that moron Dubya), and then create a 7% market surge via a well thought out bank rescue plan...

Impeachment??? ROFLMAO!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Create jobs, yea right.
So how did, or how will, the Republicans create jobs?

They didn't and don't have a plan to.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
I'll spend my rebate on? Hmmm I think another 1911 45 acp.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So how did, or how will, the Republicans create jobs?

They didn't and don't have a plan to.
Government doesn't create jobs,private enterprise does....

Old 03-24-2009, 07:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
oz in sc -
The government creates jobs by deciding something needs doing and hiring someone to do it. The private sector does the same. The difference is the government expects everyone to benefit from the work and the private sector expects the owner of the job and only that owner to make a profit from the employees work.

In both instances the work will create “wealth” but not necessarily money for the economy because employee is paid for his or her time and expertise and will most likely spend a goodly portion of the money to buy necessary good and services from both the private and public sectors.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,711,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
I just adore the paranoia of the right.
You recognize it, eh? just like the paranoia on the left...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections