Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,060,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
How can you be retired, after Bush destroyed the economy and stole all the money from the regular people and gave it to the rich?

Hmmm...
Maybe just smarter then. It does happen and now I want to see others be retired at 60 like the wife and I. No mine was not taken from regular people it was earned the old fashion way just like Barack and Michelle earned theirs. Study, hard work and prudent decisions. Yes we want to spread the wealth. Remember much in life is about timing. When did you buy and when did you sell. Ignore Case/Shiller once and oh well. Ignore them twice and so foolish you are. The housing bust as with the tech bust was called by them. I didn't listen the first time but did the second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM

695 posts, read 1,378,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Maybe just smarter then. It does happen and now I want to see others be retired at 60 like the wife and I. No mine was not taken from regular people it was earned the old fashion way just like Barack and Michelle earned theirs. Study, hard work and prudent decisions. Yes we want to spread the wealth. Remember much in life is about timing. When did you buy and when did you sell. Ignore Case/Shiller once and oh well. Ignore them twice and so foolish you are. The housing bust as with the tech bust was called by them. I didn't listen the first time but did the second.
I sold real estate before the bust (which was OBVIOUSLY coming, as a result of legislation signed into law in 1997), and I've been buying since then.

We've not yet reached the bottom of the housing market, so I hope to be able to pick up several more properties before this time next year, when it starts to go back up.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,232,382 times
Quote:
By a wide margin American's are still expressing strong support for President Elect Obama. Both is this forum and in the real population the naysayers are in the distinct minority.
Americans Remain Confident in Obama as President
PRINCETON, NJ -- Between 63% and 67% of Americans have said they are confident in Barack Obama's ability to be a good president in the weeks since his election on Nov. 4, a sentiment that doesn't yet appear to be have been affected, positively or negatively, by news coverage of the president-elect's staff and Cabinet appointments, or by reports of his economic and other policy plans.

Notably, the percentage of Americans who are confident in his ability to be a good president substantially exceeds his share of the vote (53%) in the November election.

Seems like the Bots were on the right side of history in this election and certainly one would be hard pressed to believe the McCain transition would have been this well received.
And by a wider margin, Bush had an approval rate of 73% in 2000.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The sticking of the tongue is that something your child taught you? Please provide corroboration of the date of that 73% and the actual 73%. I didn't realize I started a thread comparing Obama to Bush or is this something that you have innate need to do. This was about Obama and his being well received by 2/3 of Americans as noted in the link. Not that he was more well received then Bush was in 2000 after his very bare win or that he is more popular then our current President now. Simply about Obama and you expanded it and then seem proud that you made a key point that no one was articulating about. I am not sure about other readers but has seemed to be a trend in this forum for months. Those of us who have been around call it it Wing Nut Syndrome.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,512 times
LOL!!! This has got to be some sort of record!!!! Obama "still" has the confidence of the American people??? He's not even President yet!!!

He's on his honeymoon. Heaven knows I hope it's a great marriage, but lets's get serious here!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
LOL!!! This has got to be some sort of record!!!! Obama "still" has the confidence of the American people??? He's not even President yet!!!

He's on his honeymoon. Heaven knows I hope it's a great marriage, but lets's get serious here!!!
Gallup felt it important enough to do a poll on and to share it and phrase it the way they did. From the link:

PRINCETON, NJ -- Between 63% and 67% of Americans have said they are confident in Barack Obama's ability to be a good president in the weeks since his election on Nov. 4, a sentiment that doesn't yet appear to be have been affected, positively or negatively, by news coverage of the president-elect's staff and Cabinet appointments, or by reports of his economic and other policy plans.

Notably, the percentage of Americans who are confident in his ability to be a good president substantially exceeds his share of the vote (53%) in the November election.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,512 times
Oh, c'mon Tuborg! You're smarter than this. Big woop Gallup feels it's important enough to do a poll on! What is there out there that they wouldn't do a poll on???? Not much, I'd guess.

They probably have one on how many people serve turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Poor Gallup. With the election over they're suffering from inattention. So they're already polling confidence for a man who isn't even President yet.

Call me crazy, but it just cracks me up!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Found this about 2004 hopefully you can link 2000 to corroborate.
Back by unpopular demand - Salon.com
That's why, come Inauguration Day, George W. Bush will likely make history as the least popular president to ever take the oath of office

Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Gallup felt it important enough to do a poll on and to share it and phrase it the way they did.
That's what they do to make money.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:

Big deal.

There are a LOT of people who didn't vote for him, but believe he can be a good President. That's because Republicans aren't sniveling crybabies. Most are actually able to speak positively about, and wish an opponent well.

The Democrats could learn some valuable lessons in basic civility and manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections