Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 03:29 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,865,272 times

Advertisements

I'm an independent thinker. I vote the person rather than the Party. I voted for America! I hope everyone else did too! Time will tell! I'm thankful that the two democrats I met at work today decided not to vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 03:40 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,634,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
help you in this election? Did it encourage you to research subjects? Did it inform you of politics you did not know about? I am just curious if this forum or the people/discussions here influenced you to 'educate' yourself moreso on this election...

Thoughts?
This forum really didn't educate me at all on the election. However, there are some a few people on C-D, who I am friends with, that I learned things from by chatting with via DM.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:45 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I learned that there are some very scary and very ignorant people who post on internet forums.

But I also learned that the majority of people share the same wants and desires for America. I have grown to respect many people here- most are Obama supporters who crusaded with me for the last few months. A few McCain supporters have also earned my respect and were able to express themselves in a rational and sensible manner.

Overall, I feel that I was more informed thanks to my participation here- and like TNHilltopper (our fabulous and fearless and fair leader) said, there were many tidbits that were here before the media picked them up. It was pretty cool to discuss and research these things and have some sense of knowledge before it was on CNN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
And some of our discussion were very intriguing. There was one about ten days ago about how political parties tend to "throw people under the bus" just to win an election--even though the people who get hurt may have given years of service. It was very insightful and I was thinking about a number of the posts for days.
Despite the madness and chaos of the past month, if a person were willing, there were some pretty decent discussions that have taken place here. Of course you had to sort through all of the one liners, barbs, comedic quips, but for the die hard folk, this was pretty fun as well.

Historical candidates, record voter turn outs, and a fundamental shift in American politics are taking place before our eyes. Pretty amazing times really, and to think, some of us saw a lot of election material before the rest of our 300 + million fellow Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections